New Pokémon 3DS XL to be Available Through Lottery Next Month in Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

You lucky Japanese gamers

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center outlets in Japan, news has emerged that a brand new Pokémon-themed 3DS XL will become available in the region next month. Similar to the Charizard 3DS XL (pictured), you'll need to enter into a lottery to be in with a chance to purchase the system.

It's rumoured that the new Japanese exclusive handheld will feature the Evolution Pokémon, Eevee. Best not to get your hopes up with this, however, it is a rumour after all.

The fiery Charizard 3DS XL soared into Japan late last year, and it's still disappointing that a Western release hasn't been mentioned. We did at least see the Pikachu 3DS XL bolt its way overseas, so we can still hope.

[via gonintendo.com]

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Serebii.net talked about this a few days ago, and I'm interested in hearing more details about it!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

why does japan get all the cool stuff? i get its the home base of nintendo and everything. but out here in NA we still don't have a great selection of accessories for the XL and not alot of colors for it either.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Looks pretty ugly IMO.

I'd rather have the Year of Luigi themed 3DSXL, I rally hope that makes it to EU.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@19Robb92 "Looks pretty ugly IMO."

Well your opinion is irrelevant here, as that is not even the XL (LL in JP) they are talking about. Nintendo has not released a photo or even said what will be on the new Pokemon 3DS LL. If you would have read the lovely Orla's article you might have understood this.

Having said that; I too want that Year of Luigi XL here in the US. Let's hope they release that in the West eventually. :D

iphys

iphys said:

Why don't they just produce enough of these things to meet demand and make a mountain of money on them instead of making them so ridiculously limited and turning so many potential customers away?

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@19Robb92 The Luigi XL is pretty ugly, imo, and, like @Prof_Elvin_Gadd mentioned, that Charizard one isn't the one they are talking about here.

Although I really wish they would bring some other colors out, mainly orange, I think the Charizard one looks pretty baddonkey .

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

I'm really hoping that they'll have a new pair to do a bundle with X and Y when they come out October.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@19Robb92 Whoa, this current post is quite different from your original post. There was a lot of assuming going on in that original post that I see you edited out. For the better, I must say.