Scribblenauts Collection Out Now in North America

Posted by Andy Green

Both DS instalments on one handy cartridge

North American gamers have been pleasantly enjoying Scribblenauts Unlimited on Wii U and 3DS for a while now, while Europe is still waiting to get its deprived mitts on it.

It looks as though Europeans will have more reasons to be jealous now, as Warner Bros. has released Scribblenauts Collection on the DS in North America.

As you may have guessed, the new offering puts Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts into one neat little bundle, allowing those who've never played either to play them at a budget price.

Nothing has really been changed as far as gameplay is concerned. Players can progress through over 340 puzzles and summon a massive amount of items by scribbling into Maxwell's notebook.

The controls have been updated slightly, allowing players to have as many as four different ways to maneuver young Maxwell, so there really should be a method to suit everyone.

If Scribblenauts Unlimited was your first experience of the series, or you're completely new to it, this bundle could be worth looking into.

Scribblenauts Collection is available to buy right now in North America. We'll jot down a European release date as soon as we find out - assuming it makes it across the pond.

Will you be picking up a copy of Scribblenauts Collection? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comments below.

Related Games

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

What a cheap cash in...
There's also no reason to buy the largely inferior first game anyway so it's even less appealing. As long as it keeps the fans and collectors happy I guess?

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Why make a compilation when Super Scribblenauts is a straight upgrade from the first and superior in just about every way possible?

Squashie

Squashie said:

I have Super Scribblenauts, however I am in no rush to play the original, but when I do, I will just pick it up on it's own. I'll hold out for Unlimited thanks...

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

I bought the first game a couple years ago, and then got the second game three days later. So this is useless, but I'm sure Nintendo recognizes there are new fans to cater to with this.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

honestly i havent played either yet so now may be the time to pick this up

CrashMan

CrashMan said:

agree with you coolvw93.. I have yet to play either, so this may be a purchase for me, as long as it's not overpriced.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

I actually prefered the 2 first games to the last one so this bundle is actually pretty cool. For the right price, this bundle could be worth it.

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Never played the Scribblenauts series. Might as well get this, and get Scribblenauts Unlimited on Wii U when I get a Wii U.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Eh, why not, I might give it the time of day. I never played the first two Scribblenauts games anyway, so what better way to catch up than with a 2-for-1 special?

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

I've never played any of the four games in the series. If I saw this in a store, or at the local swapmeet, I'd consider it buying it, just to see if the series is something I'd become a fan of. :)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I just recently finished Scriblenauts Unlimited on the Wii U which was my first time playing a game from this series. I might pick this one up sometime down the road since I really enjoyed the Wii U game.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

The first game was the best but had an awful control mechanism. Have they fixed that? (Also, whilst it was fixed by the devs in the second game, the iOS version of the second game had to go back to that control mechanism, lol)

DarthWilfre

DarthWilfre said:

The controls have been updated.
Stylus only, Dpad only, or a hybrid like Unlimited (left or right handed).

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Super Scribblenauts was so darn disappointing. It had the most restrictive, boring puzzles. I'd take the glitchy, more open-ended first game any day.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

For all you people saying you haven't played the previous games, if you played Scribblenauts Unlimited then you HAVE played the previous games. It's the same thing only better.