Amazon UK Reveals New-Look eShop Cards

Posted by Damien McFerran

Available in £15, £25 and £50 denominations

Amazon UK has posted listings for the new-look Nintendo eShop cards.

The cards are available in £15 (Toad), £25 (Luigi) and £50 (Mario) flavours, with the larger edition presumably intended to cover the cost of retail Wii U eShop titles.

The cards can be used on your Wii, Wii U, 3DS and DSi. According to Amazon they're not actually available yet, nor is any release date given. Even so, we have to say the designs are very appealing indeed.

Will you be keeping your eyes out for these?

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Hmm. I've never bought one of these for any kind of Nintendo points. I'm guessing I couldn't just buy a £50 one and then split it between Wii VC and 3DS VC stuff?

I know it's not THAT important but it would be nice to just have one account with a single credit amount on that you could use between all the consoles, like Apple do with Itunes and the App store.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I would really like to merge my 3DS and WiiU credit. I understand it's not simple to include Wii but it's so annoying I have to get a €15 card for a €10 game on Wii..
Were they planning on merging the accounts with the 3DS update?

slim420

slim420 said:

i agree..it suckes to have to buy 2 cards.would make it easy for everyone

jayblue

jayblue said:

the wii u doesnt have eshop just trails of 20 year old games that cost 30p.

belmont

belmont said:

I want to buy stuff from the 3DS store but prepaid cards are not available where I live. Why is it so hard to release them in all Europe?

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

So cute! But I wonder who buys those? Ain't it easier just using the credit card?
Maybe it's directed at kids whose parents won't let them use their cards?

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@FernandoMachado
I think you hit the nail on the head - people without credit cards. That said, I'll be keeping an eye on promotions in case it's ever cheaper than using a card.

nole001

nole001 said:

Did nobody else notice that these appeared in the European Nintendo Direct on 14/2/13?

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

I buy my eShop cash off of PlayAsia (my debit and credit card don't work on there. No Canadian/Brazilian workaround for my NA 3DS D:) and those cards are killing me with their adorableness.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

great i hope they come out soon because there is NO shop in my crappy little town that sells them so i can buy anything off any Nintendo eShop

when these come out i can finally get new songs on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

jayblue

jayblue said:

didnt say it was bad said not having eshop is bad.i have to go into wii mode to play my wii eshop games also it takes ages to transfer games.if you are happy with that thats up to you,i didnt buy new console with that in mind.

jayblue

jayblue said:

thanks for that.the point is this should have been sorted out from the start.

jayblue

jayblue said:

it wasnt wiiware i dont have any wiiware games meant virtual console its all snes,nes,games nes games are very hard,they should include easy mode ive been stuck on castlvania for years.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I guess I will only see the Toad ones, since here in Holland only 2 shop-chains sell e-cards. And the shop in my area only has 15 Euro cards!!