Shiny Blue and Pink 3DS Models Coming to Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Making the move from Taiwan and Hong Kong

Over the past 25 years or more Nintendo's liked to give consumers a lot of choices with handhelds, with colours and design variations to keep almost anyone happy. It's now emerged that the pictured light blue and pink 3DS models — not XL — will arrive in Japan on 20th March; not that Japan has a shortage of choice with the handheld.

The systems will cost 15,000 Yen and will have a 4GB SDHC card packed in, rather than the standard 2GB for the model — this no doubt reflects the eShop popularity of retail downloads such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

These models appear to have made their debut, as far as we can tell, in Taiwan and Hong Kong, though there's currently no indication they'll come West.

We certainly wouldn't rule it out, as there's always the Holiday season. So, how many of you would like one of these, bearing in mind that it's the original, smaller design rather than an XL?

[via gematsu.com]

neumaus

neumaus said:

They should give the rest of the world more choices, especially the XL in North America.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm not that fond of the blue one, but the pink one's pretty cool.
I wouldn't buy one though.

Garo

Garo said:

Both look nice. The shiny blue is actually what I expected my own blue 3DS to look like...

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

So now Nintendo Japan have had 3 different shades of Blue 3DS to chose from. (The Aqua Blue Retired there though)

Nintendo also really likes their hot pink models.

HaNks

HaNks said:

how about some new XL colours. purple, i'm looking at you ¬_¬

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

Still love the purple 3DS the most. Shame it was released a mere month or so after I picked up my current flame red one. This pink one looks real nice.

idork99

idork99 said:

Cool looking colors for sure! I used to own the original 3DS but switched to the XL model. I recall playing my cousin's older model during the holidays and realizing how tiny the system felt. It's almost like the XL model should be the original model and the original should be known as a 3DS mini! It's still smooth looking with the glossy finish but my giant hands don't miss it :). With that said, Nintendo, please bring either an all black or all white XL to US!

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I'm still just waiting for some decent, respectable colors for the XL in America. The very second they release the Silver / Black or the all Black one over here, they have my money. There needs to be a "standard" option, rather than just Baby Boy Blue and Rosy Ribbon Red.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

Am I Crazy that I want to buy this new light blue 3DS even though I already have the Aqua Blue model???

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

That is hot pink color for the japanese 3ds. I love it! Wish we could have hot pink 3ds color as opposed to bubble gum pink 3ds in NA! :)

Hot pink vs. Bubble Gum Pink two completely different shades of pink. The hot pink 3ds look's much nicer than the bubble gum pink 3ds we have over here in NA! :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)