Guild02 Coming To Japan As Three Separate eShop Downloads

Posted by Damien McFerran

Trio of treats

It has been confirmed during today's Japanese Nintendo Direct that Guild01 is being followed up by Guild02 - a trio of 3DS eShop titles developed by some of Japan's leading designers.

Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune is contributing a tank shooter with insect-sized enemies. Mini Kitchen's Kazu Ayabe is working on The Friday When The Monsters Appear and Level-5 is cooking up a game called Spaceship Damray.

It has been confirmed that owners of Guild01 will be able to unlock content by linking the two packages via passwords.

Guild01 featured four games, three of which — Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter and Crimson Shroud — made it to the west. Hopefully the same will happen with this selection of titles.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

I was wondering how well the ones we got as digital downloads did. I'm guessing they did very well if Guild 02 is getting that treatment. I only got Crimson Shroud from the first 3, I'll keep my eye on these ones, as it was a great eshop title.

domdom87

domdom87 said:

These bite sized, indie style games work better in separate digital chunks in my opinion. I don't carry much carts with me when I'm out, so I tend to prefer "bigger", "fuller" games occupying my cartridge slot.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Keep em coming. The Guild01 releases were high quality and more than worth the money. The eshop is going to be really compelling soon when all of this cool stuff being released in Japan comes overseas.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

I'd like these to come to NA. I'm still enjoying Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud.

Karakato

Karakato said:

Can't wait to see more of the two titles that aren't from Inafune-san. On one hand you have a Dungeon crawler/Horror hybrid and on the other a weird Japanese Monster Vs Monster game where you play as one of the civillians.

Video for reference:

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I still hope they release the last G01 game here at some point. A rhythm RPG just sounds awesome. :O

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Being Level 5 games i would say they are going to take their sweet time to make it over the west.

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

Here's hoping for a Western release for all three. I loved all of the Guild01 titles that we received.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

I'm incredibly excited for "The Friday When the Monsters Appear"

It looks absolutely brilliant and I love Kaiju. Hope it makes it over here!

RR529

RR529 said:

Inafune's tank shooter, and "the Friday when Monsters Appear" look the most promising to me.

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

I thought the Monsters on Friday game was going to be some kind of amazing mystery genre visual novel, but after looking at that video I'm not so sure :/

That dungeon crawler/horror game is first on my watchlist now, and then Monsters Appear. I dunno why, the Insect Tank game looked a little unwieldy from the gameplay video.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Just watched the Japanese Direct and it all looked fine. A shame that a lot of these games will probably never make it to the west. :|

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Hopefully us Westerners who downloaded the Guild01 titles will be able to unlock the exclusive content as well.