Maestro Interactive Games Bringing Super Ubi Land To Wii U eShop

Posted by Andy Green

Other projects also on the way

Notion Games, the developer behind Super Ubi Land, has teamed up with Maestro Interactive Games to bring the game to the Wii U eShop.

Super Ubi Land is a fun little platformer that takes a lot of influence from such old-school titles as Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. Notion Games itself calls the game "a love letter to fans who wish to continue to play 2d based platformers similar to the ones we all loved to play during the NES and SNES era".

Maestro Interactive Games confirmed earlier on Twitter that the colourful platformer would be heading onto the eShop this spring.

We're interested in seeing what games Maestro could be bringing to the Wii U eShop in the future. The developer currently has Fade Into Darkness in the works, a game packed with puzzles that takes inspiration from Myst. It's currently down for an iOS and Android release but perhaps it could find a home on Wii U as well.

What are your thoughts on Super Ubi Land coming to the Wii U eShop? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Wow... story after story about Nintendo and indie devs. I'm very interested in seeing how this'll affect the new competitor's consoles.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

@Kyloctopus
I meant in regards to their indie support.
Of course XBLA has better support than the Wii U but with all the comments of it's accessibility... I'm still interested on how this'll turn out.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

Instant buy. I have no idea what it's going to be like but I love supporting indy developers. It's my guilty pleasure.

Edit: Looked it up. Wow, I'm excited. lol

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Never heard of it. I'll have to look into it. Glad to see yet more news about Idie devs releasing something on the Wii U! I saw Maestro and game though and thought we were getting a new Maestro's groove or whatever the DSiWare game was. :(

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

I'm loving all these developers bringing their games to the Wii U! It's great to hear how optimistic they are about the eShop and I hope these devs continue to support it.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Family wearing Rayman-themed hats and holding balloons stare at the news "Daddy, I thought this was about a Ubisoft theme park."
"Don't judge a content by its title, I guess is the lesson here, son."

Sonomin

Sonomin said:

When I first saw the title, I thought it was a Nintendo Land ripoff published by Ubisoft. How wrong I was!

Hokori

Hokori said:

WHy did I think this was a SSB like game by Ubisoft when I read the title?!