People Are Already Queuing For The Wii U In London

Posted by Orla Madden

Dedicated fans show their appreciation for Nintendo

Last week we reported that HMV's flagship store on Oxford Street would be hosting the UK's Wii U midnight launch, with the first 100 in the line getting a free copy of New Super Mario Bros. U. Some more prizes and goody bags will be given away on the night too to mark the occasion.

It comes as no surprise to see that a queue has already formed outside HMV - after all, a free game is a pretty good incentive. Izzy Rahman - along with friends Sing Duong, Michael Djuma and Teddy Djuma - has been camping outside the store since Saturday morning and plans on becoming the first person in the UK to get his hands on Nintendo's newest home console - emulating Isaiah 'Triforce' Johnson's achievement on the other side of the Atlantic.

When asked why he queued so early, he responded:

One word. Nintendo. Nintendo has to be the godfather of games and as soon as we heard about the event we knew we had to be here. It is brilliant to be first and to show our appreciation for Nintendo. They just keep pushing boundaries. The other consoles always copy them. They've got the most iconic games and characters and Wii U is going to usher in a whole new era of gaming.

But with the four of them lining up together, surely there was some sort of argument as to who would be the first to buy the Wii U? A good old fashioned game of Mario Kart 7 sorted that out, in which Izzy was victorious - his reward being the first of the friends to buy the Wii U.

Will you be making your way down to the Wii U launch in HMV in London on Thursday night?

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Four guys sleeping in a tent together,for a Nintendo console,just another normal day in London.

I'm going to get mine,the boring(normal)way.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

If they make a midnight launch over here, I will surely be picking it up then. I have my fingers crossed I might get mine a day early... but if all else fails, I took Friday off from work, so sooner or later, impeding video game nirvana for 3 straight days.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Apparently you get 2 free games.

I was going to do this until I realised:
a) Payday is Friday, not Thursday
b) I might not make it into the first 100
c) I don't want NSMBU yet

I'm not sure how 'sold out' the wii u is. I got my preorder last week for a deluxe from the 3rd shop I tried. I couldve got a ZombiU bundle from any shop I tried.

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

I have ordered Wii U deluxe set from ebay yesterday ($475.99), and I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

Ewww, it must be humid inside that tent. Don't these people have anything better to do with their lives?

AntiGuy

AntiGuy said:

3 black dudes and an asian guy in a tiny tent... I'll just wait for mine till x-mas k thx..

subz

subz said:

For idiots saying things like 'Don't these people have anything better to do with their lives?' I know these guys and yes they do, they take shifts with one another when they have important things to take care of, as well as things like changing clothes, shower, university studies etc. Good planning is the key! Plus they took time off work for this, you can do that you know.
Also about the 4 guys in a tent thing, sounds weird haha I assure you they have more than one tent! They only did that for the photo.