Hori Releasing Wii U Arcade Stick In The UK This December

Posted by Orla Madden

Not the prettiest, but will do the job

Last week it was revealed that Hori is releasing a Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition fight stick in Japan, alongside the Wii U's launch on 8th December. We were hoping that this would be available in the West, and today Nintendo Gamer confirmed that one will indeed be making its way to the UK; but sadly not as fancy as the one our pals in Japan will own.

A representative for Hori told Nintendo Gamer that there were no plans to bring the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 version to the UK, but a fight stick would become available for Wii U this year:

At present we do not have plans to release this product in the UK, but we can confirm that there will be a Wii U fighting stick available, the Fighting Stick NW. The SRP will be set at £59.99.

On another note, Hori will also be releasing this officially licensed Mario Skin and Filter Set, for those of you that wish to dress up your Wii U GamePad and Wii Remotes. The set costs £12.99 and is available for pre-order now.

Both the Fighting Stick NW and Mario Skin and Filter Set are released on 10th December. Let us know if you plan on picking either of these up.

[via nintendo-gamer.net, amazon.co.uk]

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

I hope Mad Catz follows suit. I love their Fightsticks... authentic Sanwa parts and super easy to customize!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

That actually looks rather slick. I do not think I will be buying it because I already own the original Hori Fighting Stick for Wii and looks like it will work on the Wii U without any trouble. But it's white and this new edition definitely looks great since I will be picking up the Black premium Wii U... so it's a "maybe" for me, then. Wonder when Capcom will announce SFIV and their other games for the Wii U... and a new "Soulcalibur" please, Namco?

47drift

47drift said:

So I'm wondering if these are the Kuro buttons found in the Fighting Edge or just the usual stock Hori buttons found in their standard, cheaper models. If the former, I'll hop right on this. Otherwise, I'll just wait for a MadCatz TE.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

^ They should most definitely be compatible since they use the wiimote which is compatible. I have a Tatsunoku stick I picked up for $40 or something. The Hori sticks usually aren't easily customized especially the lower end ones.

Glad to see a stick right out the gate though, means there might actually be some games that make use of it. For Wii there isn't a lot you would want to use it for except virtual console and tatsunoku.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I really hope my TvC stick will be fully compatible with WiiU. I love it, but its not seen nearly enough use.