Nintendo Australia Goes Release Date Crazy

Posted by Brad Long

Paper Mario dated, new 3DS XL bundle announced

Nintendo of Australia has today confirmed some details on upcoming 3DS games such as Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, as well as a bunch of new downloadable games coming to the Nintendo eShop.

Paper Mario: Sticker star will be available in Australia and New Zealand on the 8th of December - you can find our hands-on impressions of the game here. This is a day after Europe and almost a whole month after North America.

Released a whole two days before Paper Mario is the new Nintendo 3DS XL White, which will come with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed directly on the unit. This comes in line with the recently announced bundle in Europe, however, no news on the Pikachu 3DS XL, unfortunately.

Also, we now know that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will ship in Australia before March 2013, and Fallblox is definitely coming out in the next couple of months.

With the Wii U coming out in Australia on the 30th of November, it looks like Nintendo is giving Australians plenty of reasons to spend some serious dollars. What will you be picking up this holiday season?

Related Games

Void

Void said:

Nice that you guys aren't getting things that much later than the rest of us.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I can see Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate doing ok in the downloaded stakes despite the extortinate prices

BenAV

BenAV said:

Monster Hunter BEFORE March? As in, by the end of February?
Or just poor wording most likely meaning during March?
Good to have a solid date for Paper Mario, but that's what I was expecting anyway... already paid for my copy.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Oh, it actually says BY March 2013, but that's basically the same thing.
It's been the wording that they've been using this whole time, so it'd be nice to have more of a clarification if we should be expecting it during March, or likely a bit earlier.

Aviator

Aviator said:

IUAGHDIOUSFGVASKGDUG

MONSTER HUNTER TAKE MY GAGA MONEY!!

oh and paper mario too

PS. if any of you spoil Paper Mario, expect the dropbears.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Woo release dates! Getting Paper Mario for Christmas. Will also buy Fallblox and Hydroventure.

MAB

MAB said:

Cool! this means people actually work in those Nintendo Australia buildings. I always thought they were just vacant premises before this article came to light :)

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@MadAussieBloke they're actually working rather hard for the Wii U launch, there's rumblings that they're putting Wii U units in shops all around Australia!

@BenAV from what I hear it should be out late Februrary, but I don't have official clarification :)

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Thanks Navi :)

EDIT: This is awkward but I just realised I don't know your name, I'll probably call you Navi on Nov. 1st, lol.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@ChunkyDroid At the Nintendo Experience, their hopes are that they'll get demo systems in but there's a good chance they won't be able to before launch from what I've heard.
If not then oh well, I'll have mine soon enough.

WildMan

WildMan said:

Man, I'll be getting my copy of Paper Mario about a month before you guys.. ;)

Nardar

Nardar said:

C'mon NoA, Silver XL to the US. I know Reggie mentioned there might be. It would be interesting though if a MH3U 3DS XL bundle comes.

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

White XL ... looks like a nice holiday lineup for Austrailia.

Also hoping the silver or white XL will come to NA soon. Just about every other region has 3+ colours/editions already.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@BenAV: the PR director told me himself he wanted to get as many Wii U's into consumer hands as possible to allow people to understand that it's completely different to the Wii. He didn't elaborate, it could be through their Connection Tour, but I heard rumors that they will be bringing out Wii U stands to EB and JB HiFis throughout the country, only time will tell, but it will have to happen soon.