EA's Summer Showcase May Feature Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

It's today, by the way

We already know that EA is watching Wii U closely and has confirmed FIFA 13 for the system, but is the publisher/developer planning more for Nintendo's new console? We may find out today, as part of EA's Summer Showcase.

IGN has stated that Wii U games will feature in the presentation, though the official EA page doesn't actually mention the console, but rather a variety of franchises and games that will make an appearance, including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden and The Sims, amongst others. We'd like to believe that Wii U will have a role to play, especially as it's due to be released within the next three to four months, but we'll have to tune in to find out.

It all happens at 1pm PDT (4pm EDT) and 9pm UK time (10pm Central European time). We'll be watching and will bring you any Nintendo news as it happens.

[via ea.com, uk.ign.com]

Xilef

Xilef said:

Don't care alot for EA's games but who knows. Might show something interesting.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a return of Tiger Woods PGA Tour, but thinking that's probably a year away.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Can't be bothered working out when that is in Australian EST.
It's just EA so can't be anything that exciting.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I'd care, but I haven't bought an EA game since Mirror's Edge, and I seriously doubt that will change with the franchises that they are likely to show at this showcase, which will almost certainly consist of the yearly franchises EA poops out, that hold no interest for me.

SchamMan89

SchamMan89 said:

I'm a huge American football fan, but have never bought a Madden game. When I do purchase a Wii U in the next 6 months/year, maybe I'll pick this one up

GalaxyWaffles

GalaxyWaffles said:

I really hope they bring Sims to Wii U. Just imagine how much more you can customize your Sim with the touch screen, or even taking a picture and it turning into you or something