EA: Wii U Will Have The Best FIFA 13

Posted by Damien McFerran

Nintendo version to offer enhancements over its console rivals

EA producer Matt Prior has told Official Nintendo Magazine that the Wii U edition of FIFA 13 will boast the best visuals out of all of the console editions.

Having previously stated that the Nintendo version would be visually superior to its PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts, Prior elaborated further to describe just where the improvements would be made — but be warned, it's not terribly exciting.

"Two things we have improved just in terms of the fidelity and quality are the pitch, If you have a look at the pitch texture there's a lot more detail in it and we're working on that as we speak to hopefully improve it even further. One of the common complaints is the crowd, and if you look at the crowd on the Wii U it's double the resolution. We had limited resources in which to improve, so we wanted to make sure we got the biggest bang for the buck, if you will. Obviously the pitch is something you're staring at like 90 percent of the time when you're playing, so crowd and pitch were two areas we focused on."

So there you have it — if you're a fan of grass and people then FIFA 13 is going to look absolutely amazing.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Yeah, i read the latest ONM's preview of this game. The Wii U gamepad's interactions sound very interesting indeed.

TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown said:

Still thinking I'll get it for PS3. Just for the fact that it will have more people online first.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Hmm. I'd always assumed that textures like that would be created in very high resolution, and then scaled down to suit the capabilities of the system in question - in which case this would simply be a matter of using differently-scaled assets.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I do think it's somewhat hilarious to point out that a better looking pitch and crowd are nice new features of the Wii U version (although, in all honesty, he's got a point about staring at the pitch for hours on end)

Savino

Savino said:

I like grass.. but I don´t like ppl too much... so I will pass!!

(Hate football games... come on!!! If you play football take your ball, call your friends and show some skills!!!!!!!)

SteveW

SteveW said:

Umm.... I know Football is Soccer but when you say pitch you mean the grass?

Marios-love-child

Marios-love-child said:

I normally buy FIFA for the ps3 but I think I will certainly be getting it on a Nintendo console this year for the first time in a long time

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

/obligatory retort about 'pitch' and baseball
jk, I'm familiar with the term

In any case the promising visuals combined with Wii U controls... could be time for me to buy my first "official" soccer/football game!

SonyFACE

SonyFACE said:

@Wheels2050 Actually, many if not most of the games on the PS360 are made to run at a lower resolution like 640p and then upscaled to hd.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Wait so the Wii U is getting the best FIFA version 13 version but the worst Madden version? That seems incredibly stupid and strange at the same time.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@SuperSonic95 Well, the kickers and punters do use their feet for kickoffs, punts, extra points, and field goals; but you do have a point that it's mostly a misnomer.