3DS XL UK Launch Trailer is Quite Small

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

30 seconds of familiar Mario action

With 3DS XL officially arriving in stores tomorrow, Nintendo UK has released a short promotional trailer to celebrate the fact. The footage used appears to be recycled from the announcement trailer broadcast on Nintendo Direct a little over a month ago, showing the original and larger model side-by-side, with some New Super Mario Bros. 2 action on both screens.

It does seem surprising that the promo uses this footage, especially as it's showing off a game that doesn't arrive for a few weeks. With Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! and New Art Academy arriving on the same date, a new advert showing those alongside the console may have been worthwhile. In any case, check it out below.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Officially arriving at stores tomorrow, already in my hands today, along with the new Art Academy. :D

Thanks to GAME, I even got a £10 voucher for the console purchase, and about £5 worth of rewards points on my gamecard. This is totally going towards a eShop card with a large discount.

BlueToad

BlueToad said:

Tbh this is a really bad launch trailer :/
It is the exact same as the reveal trailer (but shorter and less informative!!)
Anyway, at the end of the day, I don't really mind because I'm getting it anyway...
(When it FINALLY comes to Australia) :/

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

Anyone else notice that the XL is positioned slightly closer to the camera, so that its screen looks even bigger? Ah, perspective...

WolfyWardark

WolfyWardark said:

I'm loving the matt finish! Just got done with the system transfer, everything went well. :)

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Enjoy people getting this in the UK :) I'm still counting down the days until it gets released down here in Australia... Can't wait! :D

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

Pick mine up from ASDA tomorrow.
Was getting it online but asda selling for £169! also toys r us are selling for £179 but include a brand new charger.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

@cfgk24 GAME are selling the 3DS XL today instead of tomorrow.
They are also selling the new Art Academy today, instead of tomorrow.

ritty666

ritty666 said:

After the cheapest 3DS XL deal?

If you are new to Zavvi make an account with referrer code ZV15625875 to get 5% off making it £159.55

If you buy it after the day of release as well you can use code CONSOLE at checkout to receive another £5.95 making it less than £155

TheConsiglio

TheConsiglio said:

Wasn't very satisfying not seeing anything new. Oh Well, Not getting one unless a Limited Edition one comes out.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Just under a month until it's released here. I'm not sure if I'll be getting one straight away, though. I really need to save up for my holiday in October.