We May Yet See Inazuma Eleven Strikers in Europe

Posted by James Newton

Better late than never

Europe's got two Inazuma Eleven games for DS but not the Wii entry Inazuma Eleven Strikers that came out in Japan in July 2011. Well, never say never, as Level-5's registered a trademark for the game in Europe.

The Wii version follows the DS game's lead by blending football with RPG elements, but naturally with polygon character models, more voiced dialogue and other Wii enhancements.

We've reached out to Nintendo for comment and will update if and when we hear back.

[via ipo.gov.uk, siliconera.com]

LittleFuryThing

LittleFuryThing said:

Pity I don't own a Wii to play this...oh well. :|
Still, with this game looking likely to be released at some point, hopefully the final DS game might still be considered too.
...and the 3DS ones. :)

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st Inazuma game but never finished it hence I haven't gotten the next set of DS games but will asap after I finish it. I guess if they're thinking about bringing over the Wii one, they're skipping the 3rd DS installment, which is fair enough, we're amazingly behind in the games compared to what Japan have.

stocko

stocko said:

Played the Japan version, its awesome! I REALLY REALLY want the 3DS one and we need the 3rd one on DS aswell to get the full story.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Since we are still getting Pokemon games for the DS, I think we should probably see IE3 released later on this year or early next year. Then we can focus on the 3DS games!

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

To be honest, I didn't like the Inazuma Eleven DS games at all, but I think it's really well suited to Wii, so....

Henmii

Henmii said:

If the gameplay is identical to the DS-games, then it's not my cup of tea. But then again this won't have stylus control, since it is on Wii. Maybe it will make sense to me this time?