First Pokémon Black & White 2 Footage Revealed

Posted by James Newton

Unova drill

Japanese show Pokémon Smash led with the first gameplay footage of Pokémon Black & White 2 this past weekend, showing the newly frosty Unova in motion.

In the trailer below you can see new areas, trainers, gym leaders and much more. It's pretty exciting.

Pokémon Black & White 2 is due out in Japan in June, and we'll get it a few months later.

[via serebii.net]

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Can't wait for these games to arrive in NA this fall! Wish I could read jap, because I would get that version since it's out in only a couple months. XD

BenAV

BenAV said:

A new DS Pokemon game is far from excited for me, but I'll definitely play it anyway.
I hope they've been working on a 3DS game at the same time that we'll see within the next couple of years.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

Already saw this lolz but jamez deserves his weekend lolz :p the new rival is badash 0-0

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

And people say they're are too many Mario games....
They need to do something with this series.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

They're replacing the awesome gym leaders from Black and White? I do not approve...

There are 3 things I want from B&W 2.

1. There is a way to control IVs 100% through breeding, no gambling IVs.
2. All Pokemon and items are available BEFORE beating the game, or at least the game lets you trade before you beat the game (this looks like it might have been done, but I can't understand Japanese)
3. Gardevoir can learn Quiver Dance (if they aren't going to give her a good ability or buff its stats).

JRCT3E

JRCT3E said:

I think this game might be on it's own pretty good, but if you look at this game's place in the entire franchise, it's formulaic.
I don't agree that these Pokémon look ugly, or anything else. It just that they need to do a REAL BIG CHANGE TO THE FORMULA. Whether that's a 3D game on Wii U, a true 3DS Pokémon game or a MMORPG 'gently weeps', they need to change more things to prevent this franchise from becoming stale.

TL;DR : Game Freak, make a HUGE change, not little changes like these.

Chuie

Chuie said:

they listen to me :O you can catch pokemon from kanto joeto hoenn shinnoh before you be the elite 4 now this is what im talking about ima get black sence i got white last time

ATDI

ATDI said:

The boring battle system haunts me in my sleep... and it puts me to sleep.
It's an endless cycle!

mastersworddude

mastersworddude said:

@JRCT3E Don't change what isn't broken, the formula works. They change it up enough to make it interesting. Its called experimentation and refinement. Just because most vehicles have wheels and an engine you wouldn't call them 'lazy' designs.

Squid

Squid said:

Looks like bad hair day in Unova. Also, did they finally get a Dark-type Gym Leader? Looks like they have previous gen Pokémon in there at the start, which is nice. But at 1:17, is this what happens when you breed legendaries? :O

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

@Squid: I recall reading on Serebii.net that she's actually a Poison-type Gym Leader. It's great that we're getting another Poison Gym since the only one till now was in Fuchsia City, but I agree that we're long overdue for a Dark-type Gym Leader. Karen and Sidney do. Not. Count. :|

In regards to the trailer...whoa... :O
GamerZack is blown away

Sonic260

Sonic260 said:

All I care about is that they utilize the Triple Battle/Rotation Battle systems more often here. Those were a major disappointment in the previous games when they built up hype about it.

mamp

mamp said:

This game looks lame, I thought they would actually do something new and innovative considering it's the 1ST EVER TRUE SEQUEL and instead it's just another pokemone game with the same old formula except this time we only get 2 new pokemon.

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

Getting~! And you complainers don't have to get the game if you don't like it, that's what freedom of choice is for. No one's forcing you to get it. :P

thesmorganator

thesmorganator said:

Me: Haters Gonna Hate.

I'm gonna get this game, but when I get it, I'll skip on the male trainer and play as the female one.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

@GamerZack Well obviously, they were E4 Members, not gym leaders. :P

@mamp They aren't the first 'true' ones by that logic, as GSC happened a few years later as well(and even featured Kanto still). GSC were originally going to be called Pokemon '2', so the '2' here doesn't really matter much either, ha.

Pokeplayer2000

Pokeplayer2000 said:

you know what I mean like why have pokemon bw 2 its to much of like a spolier because like to showed you keledo I miss Kanto Johto Hoenn and Sinnoh whats the point of waiting to make a spinoff of pokemon bw and wait to show a pokemon at the last minute no point I DO NOT APPROVE