Mario Party 9 and Rhythm Heaven Fever Release Dates Revealed

Posted by James Newton

Not long to wait

Nintendo of America's release schedule just confirmed release dates for three Wii games due out in early 2012.

Rhythm Heaven Fever is the earliest first-party release, arriving on 13th February — just in time for Valentine's Day. It'll retail at $29.99 too, making it an even better present for that special someone.

That's followed two weeks later by PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond on 27th February, with Mario Party 9 a little behind that on 11th March.

Sadly there's no release date for Xenoblade Chronicles but as Nintendo previously said spring it's hopefully not too far behind.

On the Wii console, Rhythm Heaven™ Fever arrives on Feb. 13 at a suggested retail price of $29.99 in the United States. The game asks players to test their rhythm in more than 50 easy-to-learn, tough-to-master minigames to prove they’ve got the groove. Two weeks later on Feb. 27, PokéPark™ 2: Wonders Beyond lets players take on the role of Pikachu™ and his Pals — Oshawott™, Snivy™ and Tepig™ — as they try to make it through PokéPark and discover the secrets of a mysterious new world. On March 11, Mario™ and friends reunite for a new party game adventure in Mario Party™ 9, which introduces new game-play elements to the series such as boss battles and vehicular travel across a wide assortment of stages.

Related Games

Jazzem

Jazzem said:

Hopefully Rhythm Heaven's PAL release won't be far behind! Love that series to death :D

Terave

Terave said:

Not that I'm going to buy these, but fair enough. Anyway; Mario Party is slighty too late I think.

jgary1

jgary1 said:

yeah ... mario party 9 is probably too little, too late. should have bumped it to wii u for release.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

$30? Holy crap! I didn't think it was possible for me to want that game more than I already did, but there it is!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Huh, I felt sure they'd move MP9 onto the Wii U, since board games seem perfect for that system. Either way, I look forward to it greatly. It seems likely to be the best Mario Party in ages, given its move out of Hudson.

SLiM

SLiM said:

I will probably have to pick up this Mario Party. I haven't played it in years and I have an itchin' for it.

Link245

Link245 said:

I'm interested in Rythm Heaven, but I think I'll get Twisted Metal for when I get my PS3 instead.

Link245

Link245 said:

I'm also thinking about Mario Party 9. I haven't got a Mario Party in years.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Mario Party 9 releases on March 11? I will strongly consider pre-ordering it given that it will likely be the best Mario Party in ages and certainly better than 8. March is going to be one big month for Nintendo!

Azikira

Azikira said:

I'm glad I can purchase Xenoblade directly from Nintendo. I do not like supporting Gamestop for how badly they have treated me every time I went in their stores.
Just because I can help your customers better then you can, and not lie about product doesn't mean you have the right to yell at me in your store. -.-

Nin-freak

Nin-freak said:

Nintendo releasing all the big games in March? Why, because the Wii U will be out that Fall! One season wouldn't be enough for the games to sell, so the Wii U will definitely be in fall, around the holidays.

shoopdawoop70

shoopdawoop70 said:

2011 FLEW BY. hopefully 2012 does too. I want Wii U NOW

These, Xenoblade and Spiderman( if it's good) ? I'll be happy till the Wii U.

Henmii

Henmii said:

$29.99 would translate to 29,99 Euro's over here in Europe. Hopefully we get it for that price! That would be nice!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Rhythm Heaven has become an instapreorder at that price. I got the original for $5, and it is an awesome game.

Don't care about the other two.

Contrary

Contrary said:

Hmmm... I have first 8 Mario Partys. Wondering if this one will be worth my while.

Jack_Glenn

Jack_Glenn said:

Mario Party 8 used to be so much fun back when the Wii was a really big deal. But now I'm sort of unsure about Mario Party 9... I think I'll just Gamefly it. On the other hand, I LOVED Rhythm Heaven on the DS, and at such a low price for this Wii version, I'll probably give in.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I like the fact that they are trying to make some changes. Bosses sound interesting, and the car thing seems like it could make things sort of new. Will have to really wait and see.