Grab a 3DS for £90 As Makro Goes Crazy Tomorrow

Posted by James Newton

All Nintendo machines sub-£100

Cash and carry chain Makro is having a particularly good deal in its UK stores tomorrow, offering any Nintendo console of your choice for under £100.

The retailer — which only sells to card-carrying members, it should be pointed out — is selling all Nintendo hardware at an eye-watering £90, including the all-important VAT. That means if you're a member, you could snaffle a 3DS, DSi XL, DSi or Wii for much less than the RRP, but as Makro doesn't really sell to the public you should be advised traders will be rolling up early to grab as many of the consoles as they can.

Still, £90 for a 3DS isn't half bad at all. If you're venturing out to try your luck at grabbing a cheap machine, let us know.

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

Bacon_Gal_Blaze said:

Makro? Who the hell are they? Anyway, won't be picking one up as I've had my Aqua Blue 3DS at launch. It's still a sweet deal though, around £40 cheaper than most Retailers and £100 less than I payed for it at launch. :-(

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

theres one across the bridge in hull but i dont want a second 3ds yet

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

I don't think I've ever even seen a Makro...

£90 is a terrific deal though, just a casual £110 saving on the launch price, makes me wonder why I paid so much for it when it came out.

Marios-love-child

Marios-love-child said:

Theres a Macro near me in Kirkby (Liverpool). My mum is also a member, unfortunately though I already own a 3ds otherwise id have been been straight there at opening time.

£90 is redicridiculously cheap, considering I paid £220 for mine on launch day

Red-acteur

Red-acteur said:

Well, you can still buy one to resell it behind depending on how much the game stores take it ^^

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I know no store here in NA will ever do this for any current hardware. However, I can see 3DS being priced down to $90, when the tech is ousted by newer handhelds, better 3d, or whatnot.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

Makro is supposed to be a cash & carry, generally for small shopkeepers, but it's not the most difficult thing to get a card and their prices generally aren't that much better than you can buy at the supermarkets for. £90 is sweet, though. Shame I already have enough 3DS systems.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Makro is BIG I went to the store back in 1999 and last went in 2006 since membership experied, I got my GB Advance from there.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Whoever lives in North South East & West of London there is 100% a Makro in those areas but only 1 I unfortunately.