n-Space Has Three 3DS Games Up its Spacious Sleeves

Posted by James Newton

And a DS game too

Studio n-Space has had a hand in all sorts of games over the past 15 years, from Geist right up to GoldenEye 007 and Call of Duty: Black Ops on DS. It's proven itself extremely adept at handling the DS architecture, so the news that the team has a trio of 3DS games under wraps should please some.

The official n-Space blog recently featured a post from its founder and president Dan O'Leary, discussing the turbulence of the past six months for the developer. The team seems to have put the problems of the past behind it though, with three games for 3DS and one for DS in development, as well as a secret Kinect game too.

We'll hear more about these secret games as E3 approaches, so place your bets now for an Activision-backed first-person shooter.

[via nspaceinc.wordpress.com]

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Hopefully a "TRON Battle Grids" sequel. "Geist" would be amazing. It's a shame they have no more Wii games in development, but I'm very glad they managed to survive that ordeal last year.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm guessing that they'll be developing Call of Duty titles for both the DS and 3DS as it probably wouldn't be in their interest in delve into a new IP at this stage in the DS' life.

Imerion

Imerion said:

Nice to hear! Looking forward to more info. Would have been nice with a Wii title as well though.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I hope it's Geist 2, I know I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed the game and would love to see the concept furthered upon.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

@MelonMan: I second that notion. I would love to see Geist 2 for the Wii. I would even take a New Play Control! Geist if they ironed out some of the technical issues the original game had.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Good for N-Space. They've been biding their time, working exclusively on DS games for Activision like stupid COD. But whatevers - it kept the doors open. With a new generation of hardware, it's time for them to step up their game. Geist was actually pretty cool. I wanna see what they can do on the 3DS's (very similar to Gamecube) architecture.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

N-Space did actually horrific on the Modern Warfare game for DS. Hopefully, if Call of Duty is remade for 3DS, the controls are somewhat like holding an xbox controller with the screen on it.