Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies Teaser Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the latest trailer for the upcoming DS RPG.

The kind folks at Nintendo were kind enough to send over the latest teaser trailer for the upcoming Square-Enix RPG Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

While there's not a lot of actual gameplay footage in the trailer, there is some very cool animated sequences that should get you prepared for the upcoming North American and European releases of the game in July.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments with Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies and we'll have some hands-on impressions of the game once we get our hands on it at E3 next week.

[via youtube.com]

pixelman

pixelman said:

I'm so excited for this. Finally, a good, old-school turn-based RPG I can get my teeth in. :3

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Its really looking like a great game. Playing DQ8 in anticipation.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I hav`nt played a dragon quest since the nes days WELCOME back to nintendo. Cant wait should be epic!!!:)

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Gotta finish the DS IV and V before it comes out... oh dang, that soon? Time to get crackin'!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I am clearing my gaming schedule just for this little beauty. I will not be playing any other game until I have completed Dragon Quest IX. It should be slimetastic!:)

Golgo

Golgo said:

Is this primarily meant to be played as a team-based wifi experience or is there a decent single player too?

Alphack3r

Alphack3r said:

& I still haven't finished DQ IV!!! Choices choices! Speaking of DQ IV, I think it was originally for NES...& the walkthroughs are identical (besides graphics of course)! I just love how they're able to get away with that kinda thing. What's funny is that their remakes are still insanely fun...
I guess they just did it right the first time! w00t!

Objection

Objection said:

I was wondering if this was ever going to be localized. Not sure how interested I am, the DQ plays kind of archaic-ly. Think I'll go play DQVIII some more.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Can't wait to nab this game. Because there isn't going to be a MOTHER4 (for now), this game will pretty much substitute that game since both series are similar in the combat aspect. I'm also happy that it's $35 instead of $40. I think SE really has been.. ripping us off in how they overprice their games, and since now Nintendo is publishing it, they have control over the cost. Thanks for saving me $5 Nintendo. Then again, I wouldn't mind paying $40 for this beautiful game.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Not impressed, personally. I guess Dragon Quest 1, 3, and 8 are enough main-series games for me.

@Alphack3r

Thanks for telling me that Dragon Quest IV was exactly the same as the the NES version, since I almost bought it 4 times yesterday, but stopped myself because I remembered how much I hated the NES version. Now I don't have to feel bad about passing it up.