Muramasa Knocked Back by Week Delay

Posted by James Newton

November 27th the new date for Europeans

We've just spoken to Rising Star Games's Yen Hau, who's confirmed that the firm's upcoming release of Muramasa: The Demon Blade has been pushed back by a week to launch next Friday, November 27th.

Considering this week sees the European launch of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Lego Indiana Jones 2 - among other high-profile, non-Nintendo releases - it makes sense to release the game a week later and avoid getting lost in the crowd.

If you want to know more about Muramasa, check out some of our world-beating coverage - artwork, videos and an exclusive interview with Yen Hau in this month's podcast. It'll certainly make that extra week's wait seem a little shorter.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I really look forward to this game, but I just don't have the money for all the titles that come out. The last and the next couple of weeks.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

More like "weak" delay, but I'm cool. I've also pre-ordered Mario so as not to blow my credit wad. I still have some love left over for Muramasa when it arrives (and that GAME support person best not have been blowing smoke when he said they would get the game to me "somehow").

MAddogz

MAddogz said:

it's out for 2 weeks in germany now... seen it at Saturn, Real and Kaufland...

Croz

Croz said:

I'm gonna pick this up in a couple months time, too many games to complete first.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Well I guess that explains why Amazon contacted me about the date changing. I thought it was Amazon running into supply issues.

Now the biting question is; Will GAME stock it now?

MAddogz

MAddogz said:

why does germany always get 3rd Party games like 1-3 weeks ahead of the official release date???

I won't complain, but it's strange... o.O

Fare_Godmace

Fare_Godmace said:

Well, it's seems that the game is also available here in Spain; since yesterday GAME already sells it (at least on their website), but I won't be able to buy it until next week :(

Seriously, the treatment Muramasa is receiving from stores is pathetic. Thank God Rising Star is selling it themselves, because if someone tries to find this little gem in a couple of months... Well, I wish him good luck.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Prosody: That's not what I meant. I meant what is it with the hatred of Muramasa in Europe. I think you guys are destined to not have it.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Who hates it? I think it's more just disinterest on the part of major retailers who see bigger sales from titles like Wii Fit and don't think Japanese imports like Murmasa will appeal to anyone that just walks in off the street. There may be a certain logic to it, but if taken to extremes, then really they should take a lot more titles off the shelves!

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Im gonna get thhis game as soon as i can. I dont know if i can get it in aus but I'll try to import it from the UK. looks like a lot of fun!

outrun2sp

outrun2sp said:

TorisuRSG

Dude, loving your release. Ive got two copies by way of an accident but will be hanging onto both now. Any chance you will release any further far east originated games.

Some of the wii shoot em ups release in other territories that have not made it over here yet.

Sam

TorisuRSG

TorisuRSG said:

@outrun2sp,
"Any chance you will release any further far east originated games."

We like to think of the company as the Home of Japanese Games! :)