- Release Date
- 9th Sep 2009
- 20th Nov 2009
- 9th Apr 2009
- Official Site
Review Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
Gorgeous, engrossing, flawed.
A lot of Muramasa: The Demon Blade's pre-release hype hinged on its art; while you could get a good impression of the beauty of the game, it isn’t until you have it in motion on your own screen that it hits you. Vanillaware has delivered a visual and aural feast in its portrayal of feudal Japan; Muramasa is truly a...
About The Game
Prepare to embark on an epic journey through mystical ancient Japan in Muramasa: The Demon Blade, an ambitious new adventure designed exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.
Set during the feudal Genroku era, this game features two distinct heroes - Kisuke, a brave young lad who's lost his memory, and Momohime, a lithe female ronin possessed by a dark spirit. Kisuke and Momohime must independently venture acorss the dangerous countryside, racing to collect a stash of cursed swords before the vile Shogun can amass their dark powers.
Watch as the destinies of those drawn to these legendary blades unfold, as Dragon and Demon Gods from the netherworld appear to challenge those who wield them.
- Beautiful and vivid 2D graphics, making Muramasa arguably the best looking 2D game to be released for the Wii.
- Experience a large variety of environments, complimented by classic side-scrolling gameplay.
- Play as two distinct ninja characters, each with unique bosses to topple
- Multiple endings leading to high replay value
- Play with the Wii Remote & Nunchuk or the Wii Classic Controller
- 16:9 widescreen support
- Haunting soundtrack and top-tier Japanese voice talent
- Optional challenge stages and mini-games throughout
- Satisfying action elements leading to rich depth of combat
- Stunning cut-scenes and captivating story elements
Who will you encounter? Friend or foe? Find out in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.
looks very good i hope it comes out soon!
The hand-drawn sprites in this game are really beautiful... I wish more games looked like this!!
I'm a big fan of the art in this game as well. I'm excited to see how this game turns out.
This game pwns everything.
i think im looking at the artwork more than anything else in this game
I am 2 hours into the game, really enjoying it... it definitely has an Okami feel.
It is really cool to see the effects of all the different swords.
This game is unreal. I'm just getting into it and I want to restart to savor the beginning again. I just can't believe they made a game like this. It's awesome!
I just want to say all due credit to Rising Star Games for bringing this to Europe and I hope people buy it in mass numbers. Marvelous is also simply Marvelous for putting out quality Wii titles -- give them your love!
I can't enough of this game it is awesome! I hope to see more from Venillaware!
It's way to short for a rpg. Within 33 hours I've got all items and level 99 for all two characters.
Tap here to load 11 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...