Hudson Soft Releasing My Zoo in Europe This Week, Shootanto Next Week

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

It's been a while since the last Hudson WiiWare game, but now there will be two of them in two weeks.

Hudson's My Aquarium has seen continuous success - Almost every single week, it is among the top WiiWare downloads. Obviously, they've taken note of that, because this week, they'll be releasing a sequel to it! And to top it off, next week, they'll be releasing a game North America already got a few weeks ago.

My Zoo plays pretty much like a non-aquatic version of My Aquarium - This time, you can select eight different animals to raise in a (presumably customizable) zoo, such as lions, elephants, zebras and panda bears. Hudson will also gradually release a few extra animals through DLC, so the game will stay updated, at least for a while. The game will cost just 500 Wii Points, and will be out this Friday.

Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem is a bit of a weird one - It's a shooting gallery game in which you play as a monkey and gradually evolve the further you get. You start out throwing coconuts, but eventually you'll be chucking spears as cavemen, and by the end you'll be shooting guns as soldiers. It could be worth getting for the weirdness factor, as it's only 500 Wii Points, but we didn't think too much of it. It'll be out next week Friday, on the 20th.

That's all Hudson's got to tell you! We'll review My Zoo shortly after release, so stay tuned.

Related Games

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

My Zoo actually looks pretty good and more a game than a virtual screensaver.

Stargazer

Stargazer said:

I have had fun with Shootanto. Nothing like blasting Lizardmen in the face with monkey poo.

Phoenix

Phoenix said:

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

"I can only hope Excitebike arrives this week or next and at a discount price to compensate for pushing out this garbage on us."

The word idiot comes to mind, especially when the games your talking about are made, published and sold by entirely different companies.

Ren

Ren said:

my zoo looks kinda neat. Still need to get Shootanto myself, since we already got it here.

Ratengo

Ratengo said:

Hudson's Milon's Secret Castle has been rated by OFLC to appear during next Hanabi Festival! :D

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Hmmm. If My Zoo gets a half decent review I might pick that one up for my daughter,she loves animals ,in fact we'll all probably play it :D

WillhamBoyGeniu

WillhamBoyGeniu said:

@Phoenix You must be dreaming; you think $10 is expenisve for A GREAT WIIWARE and want it to be lower!? Come on, its a good selling game (made the top 10 in 1 day in US) so they should not decrease the price for your area because of nintendo holding the game back possible 4 days to weeks.

WillhamBoyGeniu

WillhamBoyGeniu said:

Oh no another simulater but for animals! NOOO; we can say goodbye to one of the wiiware on top 20 and part of top 10.. :(

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

@Hardy83: Not very nice. If you don't agree with him just tell him. No need for insults.
I know I wouldn't want to be insulted for an opinion. (or any reason) It's embarassing too.
" />

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I may download Shootanto for a cheap laugh, time-pass actually. My Zoo and My Dolphin look like they could have some potential, but not for me.