Western Release Date For Infinite Space Confirmed

Posted by Damien McFerran

Platinum Games-produced space RPG hitting the NA and Europe Spring 2010

Sega has confirmed that it will be releasing Platinum Games' DS-based sci-fi RPG title Infinite Space in North America and Europe in Spring 2010.

The game is currently available only in Japan, where it topped the charts on this release. It features lavish anime cut scenes, a mixture of 2D and 3D visuals and a ridiculously in-depth spaceship construction mode.

Sega has also released a new trailer, which shows the Western release dates at the end:

[via sega.co.uk]

maka

maka said:

Even if this is nothing like the Elite & Frontier games, I'm very much looking forward to it. There are not many sci-fi games with good storylines around

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

Aw MAN - Gamestop has had this on their release list for this July for the longest time. I've had it preordered for 3 months. Poop.

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

nr.09 I understood it (from a Game Informer preview) to be more of a 4X game, not an RPG.

GN0LAUM

GN0LAUM said:

Could the lead protagonist look any more like a girl? This androgenous character design is getting seriously out of hand. Pass.

Objection

Objection said:

Well done cinema but it is overloaded with cliches, I wonder if the story will have anything original.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Bummer. I was really hoping that this game would come out this year but now I guess I have a very long wait ahead of me.:(

Ren

Ren said:

uh, that's a trailer for a game? Where is the game part? If those are cut scenes I hope some cutting happens in the localization; I just woke up and I'm not sure how many hours have passed.

It's a good thing they don't have capitolism in space or that would be a pricy ship that they handed to him.

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

It's merely one of the (awfully) dubbed promo shorts. Once again, the Japanese original seemed much more genuine. You could always watch the subbed version instead. Anyway, here's a more informative trailer from last year's TGS.

Infinite Space is the only Platinum Games's game that I've been looking forward to, so far.