Mighty Flip Champs Coming June 1st

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Mighty Flip Champs hits the DSiWare service on Monday.

We'll it looks like the grueling wait for Wayforward's first DSiWare release is finally over. We just received the press release announcing that Mighty Flip Champs will be released on Monday, June 1st for 800 Nintendo Points.

Below is a copy of the official press release that offers a bit more information into the game and how it's played.

WayForward, developer of LIT and Shantae, will bring yet another serving of its old-school-flavored punch when it releases Mighty Flip Champs Monday, June 1st 2009 on Nintendo DSiWare™. Playing as Alta, players will “flip” through a virtual stack of maze-laden chambers as they guide their heroine through labyrinthine stages that will challenge even the most seasoned Nintendo DSi™ gamer.

Directed by Shantae creator, Matt Bozon, Mighty Flip Champs continues WayForward’s legacy of creating compelling original IP aimed squarely at gamers that demand modern game design with an old-school zest.

Featuring the pixel perfect gameplay gamers expect from WayForward, Mighty Flip Champ has the bite-sized gameplay that complements the Nintendo DSi platform and is perfect for marathon play and speed runs.

About Mighty Flip Champs

In Mighty Flip Champs, players control Alta as she warps through a virtual stack of maze-laden chambers that "flip" past like pages of a magical book. Action takes place on the top screen, with the Touch Screen displaying a reflected preview of the next room, and Alta's projected destination within it. When it's time to flip, Alta uses her Magical Warp Wand to replace her world with the next one. Will she land safely on solid ground, or be crushed under it? By cycling endlessly through room after brain busting room, players will match wits with some of the most inspired traps in puzzle/platforming history.

We'll have more information on Mighty Flip Champs as it becomes available, as well as a full review early next week.

Terra

Terra said:

Now, us Europeans must (As always) play the waiting game for this. Hopefully, it won't take too long. Still waiting for Lit though :(

New_Age_Retro_Hippie

New_Age_Retro_Hippie said:

I'm kind of disappointed because I thought it was supposed to be 500 points, but at the same time, it looks like it deserves to be 800.

irken004

irken004 said:

w00t!!!!!! i've been waiting for what feels like FOREVER for this game!!! _

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

Corbs how could we know that?

You haven't even mentioned that you're interested in this game...That preview was so no-bias--straight facts. I mean if you'd made some posts in the forums about it or something...or anything on this site that allowed posts that was even slightly related to DSiWare...:)

SupermarketZombies

SupermarketZombies said:

Yay finally. Wayward is going to do very well with this game I think. It's earlier enough in the life cycle where just about anything that isn't solely a puzzle game or a clock will sell

Charlie_The_Unicorn

Charlie_The_Unicorn said:

AWESOME. I'm gonna add 1000 points to get this!

If Pop also happens to come out that day, I may never complain about DSiWare ever again.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

I'm glad it's finally coming out although I wish it were for 500 Nintendo Points instead of 800. It's not WayForward's fault. If only Nintendo would make the Wii and DSi accounts join as one for some of us that own both hardware. After all they are Nintendo Points...we should be granted the ability to spend them on multiple Nintendo hardware.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

It's hard to begrudge a premium 800 points price for this really. This is the first original game built up for the DSi in my opinion. I really have high hopes for this. Heck it might even be DSiWare's very own World of Goo! :-p

Ark

Ark said:

Awesome, can't wait for this. DSiWare is shaping up to be be better than I expected.

Also, I noticed a slight error at the beginning of the article. Not that you need to fix it, I just have urges to point this stuff out. Sorry.
"We'll it looks like the grueling wait for Wayforward's first DSiWare release is finally over." It should be well not we'll .

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

OH YEAH adding another 1000 points tonight. Im loosing my internet until Monday night sadly cause Im moving. I cant wait now. Finally the wait is almost over. Move in my new house Sunday morning and MFC Monday. AWESOME!!!

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

I swear I'm gonna go to the Dsi shop once I wake up on Monday, stare at the screen and wait until the clock strikes 11:00 (central time)! :)

LGamer

LGamer said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! :o Yesterday I bought Art Style: PictoPict for 500 points, because (I thaught) MFC cost 500 points...

I'm such a ****...

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I thought Art Styles have bn pretty original too. This doesn't float my boat yet, but I have an open mind

TheEmulationZones

TheEmulationZones said:

Aw Comon ! Im Waiting For This Game Like Ages ! What Gives America The Right To Have More And Better Games Then Europe >.< ! They Got Evrything Europe Got (Except Art Style Code And Art Style Nemrem)
If We Don't Get This Friday To , Im Gonna Be Mad !

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

People who thought this ws going to be 500 points need to start using their head:
A clock = 200 points, A match 3 puzzler = 500 points, A game that actually has an ending = 800 points

papermario128

papermario128 said:

Too late wayforward i'm saving my money for something else.MFC should have came out two weeks ago.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Yeah I never expected MFC to sell for only 500 Nintendo Points. I just always assumed it would be 800 points.

DaBargainHunta

DaBargainHunta said:

Mighty Flip Champs is easily the best game on the DSiWare service. I saved up my free points for it.

I always expected it to be 800 points. In a way, I'm surprised it wasn't more.

MFC and Paper Plane are the best 1000 points I didn't have to spend.

TheEmulationZones

TheEmulationZones said:

It should be posible that it will come this friday for europe to, since the nintendo dsi ware site only shows 2 games : Brain Training and Mighty Flip Champs