Master of Illusion and Brain Training Coming to DSiWare

Posted by Philip J Reed

It always pays to keep an eye on the OFLC ratings, especially since four more games have now been rated for release on DSiWare.

First of all there are three (count 'em!) titles that may interest fans of Master of Illusion on the DS. They can look forward to playing Master of Illusion: Shuffle Games, Master of Illusion: Funny Face, and Master of Illusion: Deep Psyche on their new DSi.

Are these releases scaled down chunks from the original game, or brand new tricks? We're hoping for the latter, obviously, but time will tell for sure.

There's also A Little Bit of... Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training Maths Edition, which, as far as titles go, is a bit of a mouthful! It's safe to say that this game will be an extended romp through my all-time least-favorite school subject. No offense to the game, of course, but maybe I should hold out for Dr. Kawashima's Reading Comprehension Challenge instead.

As always stay tuned for the latest news and details; we'll keep you just as informed as we are!

Related Games

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

First (again) :)

I want more info on master of Illusion. Looks different (could care less about another Brain game).

Any news on a Brain game for Language Arts? I have serious problems with that.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

"First (again) :)"

Oh but the one who should be REALLY proud is whomever gets the reference in my picture caption first. :P

ReZon

ReZon said:

I know some people aren't too thrilled with mini versions of games coming to the DSi, but I am really looking forward to it. It's a good way for companies to advertise the full versions of their games, and good for gamers to be able to have a variety of games available without cartridge swapping.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Chicken Brutus: What really makes your proud is getting mentioned in a WWW article. Who was that guy who was mentioned again, I forgot his name?

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

The screenshots of the Master of Illusion games really pique my interest. Hopefully those games will be as good as I hope they will be.

WeeGee

WeeGee said:

The Screenshots are the same from the original Master of Illusion and the names are the same to. That mean we're spending like $2 for a trick I guess.

Crazed

Crazed said:

@ReZon- Although a good idea, there is a downside to this type of advertising. If a different demo of the same game is available through Nintendo Channel, then people will think that the company is trying to make a few extra bucks, and just ignore the game altogether. Lets hope this never happens.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

On another blog (gonintendo) a commenter (NintenDaan, who you might know from youtube) who palyed the Japanese relkease said they were the original game. He also said it was 3 tricks for 200 points.

Personally, I'm of the view that Master of Illusion/Magic Taizen/Magic Made Fun (3 different names...how rare is that?) sold poorly and is out of print/Nintendo can't shift their stock. I can only speak from a UK perspective so here goes.

Here in the UK everywhere is trying desperately (with varying levels) to get rid of their stock of it. HMV and Gamestaiton seem to have marked their entrie stock of it as used (and priced it accordingly), Blockbuster lowered the price, GAME lowered the price about 2 weeks after it came out…it did that poorly. I think my local GAME has had a copy priced at £5 for about 4 months now…

The Brain Training one baffles me. I thought you could get the entire brain age test on the Nintendo channel so 200 points for a mish mash of the two games seems a bit weird.

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

I hope for a german translation in all Dsi Ware games :) Not like WiiWare...some with translation, some not.