Japanese Virtual Console list - November 2007

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Japan's Virtual Console list for November has been published, and it has some surprises - including a fan-favourite SNES puzzler. Yup, it's none other than Nintendo's strange take on Tetris (Well, that's what they want you to believe anyway), Tetris Attack! Alongside it are a few more small surprises, including the first Square game that was originally released outside Japan. Here's the full list:

First off, next tuesday (October 30), Japan will get:

NES: Hanjuku Hero
N64: Yoshi's Story
MD: Target Earth

Then in November, the Japanese will get:

NES:

• Ganbare Goemon
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins
  • Nuts & Milk
  • King's Knight

SNES:

• Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack)

N64:

• Nothing

MD:

• Ecco Jr.
  • Light Crusader
  • Eternal Champions

PC Engine:

• The Dynastic Hero (CD)
  • Dragon Spirit
  • A-Train 3 (CD)
  • Kawa no Nushi Tsuri Shizenha (CD)
  • Gradius II (CD, delayed from October)

Neo Geo:

• The King of Fighters '94
  • Baseball Stars 2
  • Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy

Ike-Mike

Ike-Mike said:

No N64 game? I wonder if Europe/the US won't get any N64 game in November as well. :S

__Tueur

Tueur said:

Thats great, we already have most of them anyways. Now I can't lord it over my friend in Tokyo about her not having Yoshi.

sfog

sfog said:

The Dynastic Hero and Top Hunter were both released in the US. Additionally, although the original Panel de Pon would later be re-tooled into Tetris Attack, the US/EU version was re-released in Japan as Yoshi's Panel de Pon. Since they are only getting the original version, it isn't a guarantee of a Western release, although I suspect we'll see TA eventually.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Yeah, I know Top Hunter was released in the US, but I think that was a CD game, this is the normal Neo Geo game. Feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong though. I did add Dynastic Hero.

BJ1

BJ1 said:

Say What?! No N64 games! But we need more N64 games than the 9 we already have! What the heck is Nintendo thinking?! At least release Mario Party for the month of Mario.

7th_lutz

7th_lutz said:

Top Hunter was released on Cartridge and cd for the Neo Geo. I found out by checking in my Digitalpress Collector's guide.

__yeehaw

yeehaw said:

Damnit, I love King of Fighters. But at this rate we'll be getting to KoF '98 in 2010 or something.

KoF 98 is like OMG. So many characters to choose from + you could play with the Orochi team AND with Omega Rugal!!!*drools*

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

I don't get this absence of N64 games. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a game that was meant for the specific region.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

They could release an N64 game in the U.S and Europe/Australia that doesn't get released in Japan during November.

__tank2tank

tank2tank said:

From the looks of things they're going to release around 10 N64 games every year. Which is very slow really, but think, after 5 years, thats 50 games to choose from, so surely all the classics will come eventually..? Or maybe not. Is 50 enough?
Well I just want Zelda MM and all the games by Rare, which probably will never come on it anyway.

Megaman256

Megaman256 said:

When is Neo Geo going to put out the good games that defined the system and pushed its graphics and sounds. Games that have the fun factor, the ones we love and want instead of the mediocre games we have been getting. Fans want games such as Samurai Showdown 2, Fatal Fury Special, King of Fighters 98, Mark of Wolves, The Last Blade,Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug (series),Shock Troopers, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Waku Waku 7, Real Bout Special, King of Fighters 2000, Aero Fighter 2, World Heroes 2, Bust –A- Move, and Wind Jammers. Neo Geo has so many good games so hopefully we will see some these games come out.

Adamant

Adamant said:

They finally release a NES Squeenix game, and it's bloody King's Knight? How about releasing something playable, guys? Like... anything other than effin King's Knight.

E-dawg

E-dawg said:

I wish they would hurry up and announce Majora's Mask already, it's the only Zelda game not on there

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Frank - most of those games if released right now would render all the early games on the neogeo pointless downloads. they're starting from the very early games and working forward it seems to get money out of their first games while they can.

nobody would download fatal fury 1 if mark of the wolves was available at the same time.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

@ Frank: Why would you want Waku Waku 7? Besides the cute characters this is just as average as any other brawler already available.

__Delay

Delay said:

I`d like to see more SNES-games in the future like Kirby Superstar/Fun Pack, Yoschis Island, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4 or Terranigma.
But Mischief Makers (from Treasure) for the N-64 would also be great!

deggs

deggs said:

Why can't we get gradius 2? lame... if there ever was a game i would love to get translated, it would be that one... (and of course Castlevania: Rondo of Blood)

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Veszerin: While it's true that Square released ActRaiser on VC, it wasn't made by them. It was made by Quintet, who got bought out by Enix, who in turn got bought out by Square.

__tank2tank

tank2tank said:

Looks like a 'month of mario' isn't gonna happen. It would be really great though if we got Mario Bros 3, Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Kart.

Maxx_the_Slash

Maxx_the_Slash said:

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Dr. Mario 64 won't happen, not with Dr. Mario Wii coming whenever for WiiWare.

__Locke

Locke said:

I notice that no one mentioned their uncontainable enthusiasm regarding the release of Tetris Attack. C'mon, ya'll, Eff a N64 game, this is TETRIS ATTACK! I've been waiting since the day I bought my Wii.

__pipo

pipo said:

[quote]Wow. Except for KoF '94 and maybe Balloon Fight, Japan is getting crap for November. That's a bad sign for America and the UK.[/quote]

Tetris Attack is one of the best games ever!

donx998

donx998 said:

ahh when the heck is this comin out it took pokemon snap 2 weeks after japans release its been like almost 5 months waitin for this