Forums

Topic: The end all, be all, super-ultra Cave Story mega thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 254

Adam

Seriously. Even I defeated the Red Ogre. What a wimp.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

NotEnoughGolds

Oh wow, this game still isn't out in PAL?
That makes me sad for you blokes.
Hopefully you'll get it soon.

NotEnoughGolds

bryguy1919

How is the replayability for this game?

PSN: brrgpfife

Kingbuilder

Pfife-141 wrote:

Quite good. It has 2 characters with 3 endings, and 3 difficulty modes. Not excluding the fact that there are tons of different weapon combinations that either enhance or lighten the difficulty, and big room for accomplishing speed-runs. It's no Super Metroid, but it's pretty darn good.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

romulux

can't wait to hear how the EU version works. i'm hoping the DS version doesn't distract them from fixing the NA version (if they intend to).

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Xkhaoz

romulux wrote:

can't wait to hear how the EU version works. i'm hoping the DS version doesn't distract them from fixing the NA version (if they intend to).

Oh Futurama lol

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

romulux

i'm not sure, but i think tyrone just confirmed a NA update:

"Players have a lot of passion for their games and even when they’re mad at us, I can see that they’re trying to communicate something. We try to take it all in a very positive way and a lot of it has helped the upcoming update for Cave Story — it’ll address a game-breaking bug and a ton of other fan-requested fixes."

http://tinycartridge.com/post/1180342112/tiny-q-a-nicalis-on-...

Popyman

Pfife-141 wrote:

Cave Story was made to be played multiple times. So, VERY good. =P

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

romulux

taking all bets as to when the update will be released. from the sound of it, it's already done- will it be uploaded in conjunction with the EU release? nicalis said soon, so any time within the next four years is possible.

Rensch

I downloaded the PC version the other day and I love it greatly so far.

If the Wii version ever comes out here I wanna check it out. Seems like a great game for a console. I'm not sure if it is worth the money as the PC version is completely free.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

romulux

the visuals and controls are so much better that i say buy it without hesitation. getting things for free is nice, but getting better things while funding the ones who created it for you is nicer.

Kid_A

Qwikman & Bass wrote:

@Kid_A- I know I'm late on this, but man, I just read your review on this game... The very best review of a game I have ever read. Ever. I now know what I must do: Download this game!

Wow, thanks! I'm blushing!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Yeah I started getting into this one again. Jesus, it's good. You forget how good it is. It's one of those games like Super Metroid, where every time you play it you're just astounded by the quality.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

i want them to put the patch up already so i can play through it again. i'm not liking nicalis' definition of "soon"...

EDIT: I am liking nicalis' definition of soon! the fool i was....

Edited on by romulux

Rensch

I'm convinced! I want the Wii version as well. Too bad it's still not available here yet.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

romulux

in case you missed it on the front page, the update is online people! along with all the bug fixes apparently the extra modes are now more logically locked until you beat the game. i'm off to go check it out!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.