Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Showing 21 to 40 of 251

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

21. Posted:

u r a god!!!

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

22. Posted:

That was so beautiful ;(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

23. Posted:

I get that he's basically trying to bring back Mega Man but come on he could have been a tad more original.
It plays exactly like Mega Man.
Me: Cool it's about time we got a successor to Mega Man
Beck basically looks like Mega Man.
Me: Okay I guess
Beck's sidekick who does the same thing as Roll and looks like her too.
Me: -_-
Has a red robot dog.
Me: Great a re-skinned version of Mega Man basically (sarcasm)
Looks at the rest of the concept art and sees villains that look like Dr. Wiley, the other numbered robots that look like Mega Man bosses and a mettaur that had his helmet replaced with a traffic cone.
Me: He could have at least tried for some originality I get that he wants to bring back Mega Man but when he does this it just makes us think about the fact that the blue bomber is dead and all we get is a re-skinned replacement that's just going to keep reminding us that he's gone. Also it came off as lazy to me. It's kind of made me think about how they make those Chinese toys that are just rip offs of the actual toys.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Therad

24. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I get that he's basically trying to bring back Mega Man but come on he could have been a tad more original.
It plays exactly like Mega Man.
Me: Cool it's about time we got a successor to Mega Man
Beck basically looks like Mega Man.
Me: Okay I guess
Beck's sidekick who does the same thing as Roll and looks like her too.
Me: -_-
Has a red robot dog.
Me: Great a re-skinned version of Mega Man basically (sarcasm)
Looks at the rest of the concept art and sees villains that look like Dr. Wiley, the other numbered robots that look like Mega Man bosses and a mettaur that had his helmet replaced with a traffic cone.
Me: He could have at least tried for some originality I get that he wants to bring back Mega Man but when he does this it just makes us think about the fact that the blue bomber is dead and all we get is a re-skinned replacement that's just going to keep reminding us that he's gone. Also it came off as lazy to me. It's kind of made me think about how they make those Chinese toys that are just rip offs of the actual toys.

The likeness might be a problem. Everything from logo to concept art screams mega man. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcoms forces some radical changes and he has to redesign everything.

Therad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

25. Posted:

WE'VE REACHED $900,000! NOW LET'S GO FOR THE STRETCH GOALS!
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

26. Posted:

this is simply perfect!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

27. Posted:

We have reached 1 Million dollars everyone!
Those who backed it, pat yourselves on the back.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

28. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I get that he's basically trying to bring back Mega Man but come on he could have been a tad more original.
It plays exactly like Mega Man.
Me: Cool it's about time we got a successor to Mega Man
Beck basically looks like Mega Man.
Me: Okay I guess
Beck's sidekick who does the same thing as Roll and looks like her too.
Me: -_-
Has a red robot dog.
Me: Great a re-skinned version of Mega Man basically (sarcasm)
Looks at the rest of the concept art and sees villains that look like Dr. Wiley, the other numbered robots that look like Mega Man bosses and a mettaur that had his helmet replaced with a traffic cone.
Me: He could have at least tried for some originality I get that he wants to bring back Mega Man but when he does this it just makes us think about the fact that the blue bomber is dead and all we get is a re-skinned replacement that's just going to keep reminding us that he's gone. Also it came off as lazy to me. It's kind of made me think about how they make those Chinese toys that are just rip offs of the actual toys.

Did you read the kickstarter or watch the video? Or did you skim down and glance and just judge that it was a reskin. Yeah I am not saying it is going to be super original, but he said it was a spiritual successor and it looks like they are applying enough things to make it different.

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

29. Posted:

The unofficial fan-art blog has began!
http://mightyno9.tumblr.com/

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

30. Posted:

@tebunker I did watch the video and I read it btw, yes I know it's a successor and Mega Man was his original work (so he's not really copying anyone etc.) but seriously this could have been his chance to do something a little more different but everything's just the same but with a disguise. Not saying this game is going to be terrible or anything like that (IDK if that's what you got from my post and it might have offended you or something and for that I'm sorry, I don't like to start pointless internet arguments I just like to post my opinion like anyone else not trying to offend others). I'm just saying he could have flexed his creative muscles a little bit more.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

31. Posted:

It's been 3 days, and there's already some really great fan art? Geez, how do people do that so quick?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

32. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I'm just saying he could have flexed his creative muscles a little bit more.

At the risk of sounding rude, I would just ask: Why?

Or you might consider this perspective courtesy of @Philip_J_Reed, in response to a similar discussion:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

When you first start out, whatever kind of artist you are, you push boundaries. Why? Because you have to. You are an individual. You have something unique to say. And you need to push boundaries in order to say it, because nobody's ever said it before quite the way you will.

As you continue to grow as an artist, you need to push fewer and fewer boundaries. Not because you have less to say, but because you've already carved out a space in which you can say it, and a space in which folks are comfortable when you say it.

You can't keep pushing boundaries forever, because if you do you're pushing them for the sake of pushing them. And that helps nobody. It does no good to push boundaries because, hey, might as well. That's when you've officially started trying too hard. You push boundaries when you need to push them. When you don't, you do brilliant things WITHIN boundaries. And there's no serious artist alive that would tell you any differently.

Quite how "quality" and "boundary pushing" started going hand in hand in the mind of gamers is beyond me. I'd rather have a great game that pushes no boundaries than a mediocre game that pushed boundaries that did it no good. One of them I might admire in some sort of passing way for what it attempted to do...but I know which one I'd actually spend my time playing.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

33. Posted:

@OptometristLime
IDK I guess I just expected more from the guy that criticizes the Japanese gaming industry for not being creative and taking risks. But I'll consider the idea you have just presented to me.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

34. Posted:

mamp wrote:

@OptometristLime
IDK I guess I just expected more from the guy that criticizes the Japanese gaming industry for not being creative and taking risks. But I'll consider the idea you have just presented to me.

That is all I could ask for, of course. :)

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

35. Posted:

mamp wrote:

@OptometristLime
IDK I guess I just expected more from the guy that criticizes the Japanese gaming industry for not being creative and taking risks. But I'll consider the idea you have just presented to me.

Well, he's not trying to be creative too much with this. He's literally just trying to give us more Megaman. Or better put, revitalize side scrolling shooters like Megaman. King of the Pirates was different and that's his game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

36. Posted:

Man, I am really tempted to drop $120 on this project for the box, manual and art book/strategy guide.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

37. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Man, I am really tempted to drop $120 on this project for the box, manual and art book/strategy guide.

do i need to drop kick you?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

38. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Man, I am really tempted to drop $120 on this project for the box, manual and art book/strategy guide.

do i need to drop kick you?

Don't be mad bro, you like dolls and I like game boxes and manuals. :P

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

39. Posted:

Going to back this later this month mostly because it Infuane and dude is awesome. Hate that he's going PS3/360 instead of PS4/One however. Still the Wii U will probably be the system it feels most as home as.

I'lll probably kickstart so I can vote on stuff like MML3 would have.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheJosdude

40. Posted:

It looks like they've lowered the stretch goal to $2,200,000 to get it on Wii u!!!!!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/des...

Edited on by TheJosdude

TheJosdude

Nintendo Network ID: TheJosdude