Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,881 to 1,900 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,881. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

So how do you sync the controls by height? I know you have to d it flat but in level with sensor or up higher? What works for you guys? I mean I love this game but I hardly get to play it and I can never get the controls right any time I do. I only got to rescuing Link's Loftwing and gave up. :( (Using the Zelda Wiimote from the box set)

Wii Motion plus actually does not use the sensor bar. It uses the gyroscope in the tech to determine movement. When you press the D-pad, you reset the neutral position. When you do this, the WM+ assumes that the position you were holding is the neutral position. You don't necessarily have to keep it flat, but just set it to a comfortable and reasonable position.

It takes some practice to get used to, but you don't have to recalibrate it that often. Plus pressing the d-pad will become second-nature and easy since all of the menus has that option.

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,882. Posted:

Do you think upgrading my cables from composite to component would make the game look better? I love the art style and I think the game looks great but would they give me better color and a little crisper image?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,883. Posted:

Yes it will give you a crisper image. It really makes a difference on all games. Even those old cube games look 50% better. As for sharper colors I'm not sure about that one but probably since I really didn't look for it and have used them from the beginning of the gamecube days!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,884. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

Do you think upgrading my cables from composite to component would make the game look better? I love the art style and I think the game looks great but would they give me better color and a little crisper image?

Yes they would I was playing Skyward Sword when I picked up a new 42 inch LCD TV and component cables and noticed the difference right away. You wont be disappointed when you switch cables.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,885. Posted:

This game displays beautifully on any television that's not black & white. :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,886. Posted:

I'm so overwhelmed to jump into this game right now considering i have 8 other games i need to complete in my collection. Let alone i want to go through ALTTP and OOT 3D before i get swooped into Skyward Sword. On average how long does it take to complete SS? It seems like one of the longer LOZ titles of the bunch, if not the longest.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,887. Posted:

I would say anywhere between 40-60 hours! That all depends on how you like to play the Zelda games. I like to find and do as much as I can on one play through. I believe it took me just over 50 hours where as some it took just under 40 hours!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

James

1,888. Posted:

33 hours 34 minutes for me, but that was racing through it — I didn't do any side quests, for instance.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,889. Posted:

How are people so fast gamers today? It took me about 70 hours to finish this game. I never looked any walkthroughs or tips on how to proceed either from the internet or in-game "super guide." Also, i did almost every sidequest. Maybe that's the reason why it took me that long.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

fishman100

1,890. Posted:

Faron wrote:

How are people so fast gamers today? It took me about 70 hours to finish this game. I never looked any walkthroughs or tips on how to proceed either from the internet or in-game "super guide." Also, i did almost every sidequest. Maybe that's the reason why it took me that long.

Yeah, I skipped most of the sidequests in my 1st playthrough and I think I did it in less than 70 hours.

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage

paburrows

1,891. Posted:

Help, I think that I got the glitch and the downloadable patch doesn't seem to be helping!

I finished the forest song and then forgot about what triggered the glitch, I did a number of side quests including finishing the Pumpkin place one and during that I think that I was going to the desert to retreve the wheel for the game clown and while looking for it I stumbled upon the cave with the Goron. I bombs the crawl cave and crawled in thinking that since it was a new area I could find the wheel there. When I got out of there it said that it as the Lanaru Dragon area or something so I turned around and left since my game guide puts that one area as the last of the three. I can't remember if I spoke with the Goron as I left, but once I finished with the some more side quests I went to dive into the volcano area and my guide said that it was supposed to be a cut scene of Link getting swept away and captures, but I just got the landing map like usual.

I had downloaded the patch back when it came out just in case, I've run it 2 or 3 times and still can't get the cut scene. What I don't get though from what I read here and a number of other sites you had to have finished the desert/dragon area and then speak to the Goron a second time. Any suggestions?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

TheInstantGamer

1,892. Posted:

Finally finished SS today. I did EVERY side-quest, had every space in the adventure pouch, and I never used any walkthroughs. That took me about 69-70 hours to complete. It was a great game and I think it was definetly money well spent. I actually suprised myself a little with the amount of side quests that I did, I usually ignore it and rush through the game but this time I really tried my best to complete the whole thing.

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,893. Posted:

The last time I was able to play, I had just finished the Mining Facility. Would that put me at about 1/3 of the way through TLoZ: Skyward Sword? I was forced to sell my copy awhile ago, but I kept my save file. A couple really awesome friends of mine recently sent me a brand new copy, so I can finally finish this gaming masterpiece. I'm going to wait until I've completed 100% of Xenoblade Chronicles, though. If I try to play both of these at the same time, it will take me forever to finish them.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,894. Posted:

1/3 is fairly accurate yes.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,895. Posted:

Thanks @kkslider, that's what I pretty much figured.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

RyanE

1,896. Posted:

I think I'm at 3-5 hours right now. But that's because I had to take a break from playing for school. But with the summer, I should be able to get through it okay. I don't know if I'll do the sidequests or not. I like to play Zelda games pure on my first playing; no walkthrough or online help. It makes it more fun that way trying to figure out where all the hidden things are.

RyanE

AuthorMessage

EIectricmastro

1,897. Posted:

Current Playthroughs: Xenoblade Chronicles, Okami, Red Steel 2, Eternal Sonata, SMW 2: Yoshi's Island, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy IV, Phantasy Star IV, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and TLoZ: Spirit Tracks.

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,898. Posted:

^ Haha nice find. :P I'd like to see a Brentalfloss version, though.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Henmii

1,899. Posted:

I still wonder why there is 1 bird-statue that is totally worthless! There is a bird-statue under water (You know, during that part of the game where you have to meet the waterdragon). I guess Nintendo originally intended to let the place dry up at some point, so that you could save at the statue. But it never happened!

Just something I wondered!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,900. Posted:

The first Zelda game I ever bought on the very day it was released in America. :)

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro