Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 926

Gamesake

Matillion wrote:

By the way, there are lots of great ucoming games that'll hurt my wallet, but do you think Red Steel 2 would be worth buying? So it feels better to have two Motion Plus games; Skyward and this.

I wouldn't buy Red Steel 2 because it's a poor example of what Wii Motion Plus can do. It uses 1:1 motion only when you block.

If you want games that really use Wii Motion Plus, you're stuck with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play Motion, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 or 12.

...in my pants.

spizzamarozzi

Gamesake wrote:

Matillion wrote:

By the way, there are lots of great ucoming games that'll hurt my wallet, but do you think Red Steel 2 would be worth buying? So it feels better to have two Motion Plus games; Skyward and this.

I wouldn't buy Red Steel 2 because it's a poor example of what Wii Motion Plus can do. It uses 1:1 motion only when you block.

If you want games that really use Wii Motion Plus, you're stuck with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play Motion, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 or 12.

You understand it makes as much sense as saying "I wouldn't buy Okami Wii cause it's a bad example of cover art work?". The game is good, the control works good, so what's not to like?
If you refuse to buy a great game just because it doesn't use the Motion plus 100%, then its no wonder that the best selling 3rd party game on Wii is Just Dance!!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Gamesake

@spizzamarozzi You're right. Just because a game doesn't fully utilize Wii Motion Plus doesn't make it bad, but Red Steel 2's big selling point was Wii Motion Plus and it didn't deliver.

...in my pants.

BleachFan

WaveBoy wrote:

Okami is too japanese-y for my liking.....I wonder if Murumasa will be the same deal?

Without a doubt, it will be. The art style is distinctly Japanese (and beautiful, I might add), but if you're not into that sort of thing, it might not be too appealing. Also, all of the characters speak in their original Japanese voices, so that might bug you too.

So yeah, Muramasa is probably MUCH more "Japanese" than Okami. I personally think it's a fantastic game, but if you don't like the atmosphere, you may want to pass.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

WiiAboutU

True that @SKTTR, I'll probably finish the first episode before anyone from NA posts their friend code in the thread I created. But that might be a good thing. )<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

Wow, are @SKTTR and I the only nintendolife members that actually own Eldar Saga? I guess it's going to be more difficult finding a cohort than I thought it was. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

Hey @WaltzElf, you should post your friend code then, @SKTTR is in your region and I'm sure he would appreciate a cohort. I created a NA thread, but I don't think an EU thread exists yet. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

WiiAboutU

Hey @WaveBoy, you can purchase a new copy of Muramasa for $12.79 right now at Amazon.com (<:

WiiAboutU

@WaveBoy I would purchase as soon as possible if I were you, before the stock runs out. At the price they're asking for this and GoldenEye, they most likely won't be in stock for much longer. )<:
I see what your saying, but look at it this way. If you have a large collection of games, you don't have to run any one game into the ground in a short period of time. You'll have a selection of titles to meet any of your specific urges whenever they arise. I usually get bored quicker with a lesser library, but to each his own I guess. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

WiiAboutU

Heck I'm contemplating buying a copy of GoldenEye, if anything just to keep around unopened as a future prospect.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

KaiserGX

Holy cow, Samurai Warriors is good thanks Waltz. I don't see how other reviewers called the A.I umb (maybe for the weak soldiers but NOT the generals. I have it on normal and the generals are giving me a good challenge. It's keep when we keep clashing. Feels so great, I love using Saika (riffle). Even though it's hack and slash it doesn't seem repetitive to me... WHY is that? Maybe because to me the actual tactics and stuff make it not seem like a hack and slash idk.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

WiiAboutU

@WaltzElf, What is your friend code for Eldar Saga, I know a couple people in your region? (<:
Maybe if I help them find some cohorts, they'll help do the same for me. I don't have Eldar Saga yet, but I wanted to start searching for US friend codes early. Because I had an inkling that it would probably be a good while before I'd find any. I most likely won't receive it until Saturday, but tomorrow might be a possibility. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Tsuchinoko

Looking for a game with a mature-themed story. I just got done playing through Silent Hill:Shattered Memories, and while the gameplay had problems, I enjoyed the story a lot. Now I know the Wii is not a powerhouse for mature games, but I'm sure there has to be some out there. I am a fan of horror games, but for the sake of this thread I'm not specifically looking for a horror game, though I like those. What games are out there with more realistic stories, lots of drama and suspense, or a mystery? For further reference, I'm considering ordering Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, since I heard it was good. I am looking at Fragile Dreams and Cursed Mountain (though I played Cursed Mountain a bit a while back, and thought it was a bit slow and boring). I guess I really just want to play something with a good story, something gripping. Thats what really got me into Silent Hill. I was a huge fan of the first four games, and it was a nice homage to those, as well as having a good story.

Games I have enjoyed in the past that I think fit into what I am looking for: Hotel Dusk, Siren and Siren 2, Silent Hill 2, Nanashi no Game. Not really looking for something as epic as LA Noire, but a good story would be nice. I haven't been able to find anything, and some people tell me I'm on the wrong console. Not quite ready to jump ship, haha. I'll take recommendations for stuff on gamecube, or VC too!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

spizzamarozzi

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

y0ss4ri4n

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Looking for a game with a mature-themed story. I just got done playing through Silent Hill:Shattered Memories, and while the gameplay had problems, I enjoyed the story a lot. Now I know the Wii is not a powerhouse for mature games, but I'm sure there has to be some out there. I am a fan of horror games, but for the sake of this thread I'm not specifically looking for a horror game, though I like those. What games are out there with more realistic stories, lots of drama and suspense, or a mystery? For further reference, I'm considering ordering Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, since I heard it was good. I am looking at Fragile Dreams and Cursed Mountain (though I played Cursed Mountain a bit a while back, and thought it was a bit slow and boring). I guess I really just want to play something with a good story, something gripping. Thats what really got me into Silent Hill. I was a huge fan of the first four games, and it was a nice homage to those, as well as having a good story.

Games I have enjoyed in the past that I think fit into what I am looking for: Hotel Dusk, Siren and Siren 2, Silent Hill 2, Nanashi no Game. Not really looking for something as epic as LA Noire, but a good story would be nice. I haven't been able to find anything, and some people tell me I'm on the wrong console. Not quite ready to jump ship, haha. I'll take recommendations for stuff on gamecube, or VC too!

Endless Darkness is a must if you like horror and story based games. Another great story game is Killer 7. There is so much going on in that game its mind bending. It's a love / hate game but if you 'get' it than it's an experience that will stay with you. Beyond Good and Evil is also an excellent GC pick.

Cursed Mountain is very slow but does get better as it goes on. The sense of isolation and atmosphere is good as long as you practice the motion controls to avoid frustration!

If you enjoyed Hotel Dusk than Another Code R is a good one. The Broken Sword port has a great storyline too if you like point and clicks.

Fragile Dreams is a really frustrating game. It has moments of sublime beauty and an emotional story but is marred by some truly horrible game mechanics like combat and backtracking. The story is enough to keep me playing but it can get annoying when your weapon breaks for the nth time!

Another choice is Dead Space: Extraction. For a rail shooter it has an incredible sense of atmosphere and a disturbing story. As you play you unlock comics that add to the mythos of the game.

My VC choice would be Majora's Mask. I much prefer it over OoT because of its story and that of the NPCs that populate the game. It's a creepy experience (THE MOON!) especially after reading the creepy pasta ghost story!

y0ss4ri4n

Tsuchinoko

Thanks for the list. I guess I can try Cursed Mountain. As I had seen it, there was really no people to interact with in the game, no real dialogue, no "human" interaction. The sense of isolation was well done, but without engaging NPCs to interact with, it made the slowness of the game more evident. Its the same thing that bored me about the first Fatal Frame.

I did place Another Code for the DS, but since I live in NA the Wii one is unavailable.
Huge Zelda fan, so of course I already have Majora's Mask

I got a lot out of games with great stories but horrible gameplay mechanics like Rule of Rose and SH:Shattered Memories, both of which frustrated me but kept me in with the story. Its funny how rare story-driven games are these days, I guess I never really thought about it. I mean, I have Smash Brothers and Monster Hunter, which I play failry often, but not as much these days since I'm craving something with a good story. Because of that I've been bored with video games the past few days. I'm fine with games that focus on really fun gameplay and graphics like Super Mario Galaxy or House of the Dead, but I would like to have at least one story-driven game in my collection at any given time.

BTW not much into rail shooters. Thats why I got bored with House of the Dead, and never really picked up either of the Resident Evil Chronicles games.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Bankai

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Yeah, I have the game. Critics panned it because it's not much of a game. It's slow and ponderous and quite simple. What it does do well is be creepy. So, if you're looking for an experience rather than a game, go ahead.

spizzamarozzi

WaltzElf wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Yeah, I have the game. Critics panned it because it's not much of a game. It's slow and ponderous and quite simple. What it does do well is be creepy. So, if you're looking for an experience rather than a game, go ahead.

cheers man, very helpful. Think I'm gonna get it, it's cheap and I'm in the right mood for a scare.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic