Forums

Topic: Should I buy a wii in 2015?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

hristijand

hey guys, im new in this forum
i saw a great deal on a brand new wii with mario kart, skylanders swap force and monster hunter tri (yea, brand new wii)
so do u recommend me to buy it?
also, im a gta fanboy and new in nintendo (as i said before), would u also recommend me some good gta clones? (i used to play driver parallel lines on pc but any other game is highly appreciated)
thank u

hristijand

Not_Soos

As a passionate Nintendo fan, I would recommend you get the Wii U, which is backwards-compatible with basically all Wii games and has its own library of games. For a newcomer like you, however, a Wii might be the better option, since it's cheaper and you're uncertain if you will like Nintendo. The Wii is also backwards-compatible with GameCube games, which the Wii U isn't. I don't know any GTA clones to recommend, as those aren't really my type of game, but I highly recommend Super Mario Galaxy, as it's one of the greatest 3D platformers of all-time in my book. WarioWare: Smooth Moves is also really fun, with weird and zany gameplay. Another game I highly recommend is Donkey Kong Country Returns, a superb 2D platformer with great level design. Happy gaming!

Edited on by Not_Soos

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

hristijand

the deal also includes some preinstalled donkey kong game (it is something like marios first appearance)
the wii u here is even more expensive than the xbox one or ps4, id rather get them than the wii u but since i was collecting all those money and i found this deal.. anyway thanks for the response

hristijand

Octane

@Not_Soos: Remember, not all Wii models are compatible with GameCube games, only the earlier models (the vertical ones). The Wii Family Edition (horizontal model) and the Wii Mini are not compatible with GameCube games.

Octane

hristijand

the box looks pretty similar to that one, but it isnt from that store

hristijand

Not_Soos

The original Donkey Kong game is just a 1981 arcade game that can be downloaded on the Wii from the Wii Shop for like $5. I'm sure you've seen it referenced in lots of media before (like Pixels), where DK rolls barrels down the ladders of a construction site. And yeah, it is Mario's first appearance. The game I'm referring to, though, Donkey Kong Country Returns, is totally different and released specifically for Wii. Another game I forgot to mention, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, is a fun fighting game where you choose from over 30 Nintendo characters (including Mario, Luigi, DK, Link, Zelda, Yoshi, even Sonic the Hedgehog) and duke it out against your friends. I highly recommend any game in the Smash Bros. series.

@Octane I knew the Wii Mini wasn't backwards-compatible, but I've never even heard of a Wii Family Edition...

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

OptometristLime

Yeah go for it.

Can't go wrong with cheap games, plus it's still a good/reliable system.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

LaserdiscGal

Ask on our universal recommendations thread please

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.