Forums

Topic: Roy returns to Smash Bros. Brawl via hackers

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

LzWinky

Digiki wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

Exactly why Sakurai isnt continuing the series

Because unrelated people make the game much better than he could?

A game can always be better

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Adam

lz2009 wrote:

When did Sakurai said he was going to end the series?

He didn't say he was ending it. He said he wasn't continuing it. Nintendo can still make sequels all they want. They have the framework made for them already. Adding more content, whether characters, stages, or whatever, could certainly be done without him. It'd be nice if there were an official Brawl Plus before the Wii kicks the dust. Who knows what Nintendo's planning for the seris, though, if anything.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

LzWinky

My bad I said that wrong

Oh well, Brawl is good, no matter how much more stuff everyone wants

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

0-Watt

This is the hacking I approve. Not the infinite lives or the superduper speed. I mean, actually changing the game, adding stuff and whatnot. This is why I'm interested in what the New Super Mario Bros Wii level editors can provide, though I admit I'm still not going to mod my Wii, for fear of system death.

Roy is clearly a modified Marth and Ike. It uses many of Ike's animations, but it also throws in Marth's techniques and final smash. It would be glamorous if they made an original move for him, but that is waaay beyond the skills of some of these hackers.

In regards to Sakurai not continuing the franchise, he definitely became annoyed after doing Kirby so often (he still says he'd love to make more Kirby games, but Kirby Air Ride pushed him over the edge) that he decided that focusing on sequels would degenerate the uniqueness and enjoyability of the creations he made or something to that nature. He always wants to improve and expand beyond what is desired, but as Brawl has proven to me, at least, many people do not want that. They just want the same game with more characters and levels. Brawl was his pet project, so big that a single disc really couldn't fit it, so they cut out a lot (probably the characters, Earthbound music, some story-important videos, etc). He wanted a full-blown adventure, and he made one. What did people do? Complain about it, heavily. They wanted Megaman, Krystal, etc. They wanted ten more levels and a more robust level editor (I actually want a better level editor, here). They didn't want a dedicated story mode to the title. They wanted the game to be Melee + new characters and levels. While I do agree that tripping is a bad design choice, the game really brought a lot more than Melee could ever bring, and people pretty much hated it immediately upon playing it.

The fact that people are literally hacking and reshaping the game to fit their needs shows two things: 1) that the fans are really dedicated to enjoying the game, even if it means hacking it and 2) that Sakurai is probably better off not making more Smash Bros games. He is a real great game designer (Kirby was awesome, Smash Bros is awesome, and Meteos is addicting as all get out), and I think he is better off making new, awesome titles instead of working on what the fans say they want and then watch them complain till their faces turn blue. I mean, it is fine not to use items and play Final Destination only, but he made them, so enjoy them instead of complaining, okay?

As Reggie said shortly into Summer '08, "hardcore gamers are insatiable." I'd be inclined to agree, to an extent.

RandomWiiPlayer

0-Watt wrote:

Roy is clearly a modified Marth and Ike. It uses many of Ike's animations, but it also throws in Marth's techniques and final smash. It would be glamorous if they made an original move for him, but that is waaay beyond the skills of some of these hackers.

Ike's animations? It uses the animations from Melee.
And as someone who uses (not makes) these kind of hacks, I can say that hackers have made custom animations and moves lots of times before, so it is possible.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

irken004

Let's not forget about playing as master hand in SSB!
[youtube:ZdljdVYzP_8]

0-Watt

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Ike's animations? It uses the animations from Melee.
And as someone who uses (not makes) these kind of hacks, I can say that hackers have made custom animations and moves lots of times before, so it is possible.

Some of the animations are Ike's. Like when he uses the homerun bat. Ike swings it with one hand and such. They probably modified some animations and moves, but that was clearly Ike's.

MetalMario

I would want Roy, but I can't stand hackers.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

KanrakusPizza

Am I a hacker because I use Action Replay? If so, shame on me.

wont be on here anymore

Adam

People complained about the story mode because it sucked, not because they didn't want it. Sakurai didn't make a perfect game. Oh well, I don't think he's a terrible person for this, but I also don't blame the fans who wish Subspace hadn't been made in favor of more characters and levels. I know there are one or two people out there who liked it, but most didn't, and I think just about everyone would have preferred more unique characters and levels in place of an at-best average single-player mode.

Everyone was hyped about Subspace, and then it comes along and presents us with this below-average beat-em-up. The cut scenes and bosses make it worthwhile to me, but now that I've beaten it once I see no reason to play it again because the levels represent some of the dullest moments in gaming I've yet to experience. I'll just play boss rush and watch the few good cut scenes from the gallery.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Bass_X0

NOW THE SENIORS IN THE BACK!

"WE LIKE ROY! WE LIKE ROY! WE LIKE ROY!"

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

RandomWiiPlayer

Bass+X0 wrote:

Isn't it "Roy's our boy!"?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Kid_A

That is way cool. Way cool.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bass_X0

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Isn't it "Roy's our boy!"?

If so then its news to me.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Adam

Could be regional differences. "Roy's our boy" is the chant in the NA version.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Nintendophile

I used to like playing as Roy, because I liked it when the crowd chanted "Roy's our Boy! Roy's our Boy!" By far the best crowd chant out of any character.

Nintendophile

Adam

"We like Ike" always amuses me in Brawl.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.