Wii Forum

Topic: More New Play Control!!

Showing 1 to 20 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeMartin

1. Posted:

With DK:Jungle Beat just out (and a great game at that) what are the top 5 GC games that should be made with the New Play Control!!
Maybe: 1:The Wind Waker
2:F-Zero GX
3:Mario Kart Double Dash
4:Mario Sunshine
5:?
...And how about wifi multiplayer?!

fblink.com/MartinR (I always like new facebook friends so come over and add me!)
Backloggery.com/HawkeyeMartin (UPDATED BACKLOGGERY, come visit!)
Wii console: 5431-3663-9818-4085
Flipnote Hatena Command: right,down,B,right,A,R,up,left.
Any Online game with a player named HawkeyeMartin, Thats me!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

2. Posted:

AlexSays wants the entire GC library re-released.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Golgo

3. Posted:

Luigi's Mansion, with remote-enabled torch control and ghost noises via remote speaker
I'm easy to please... :)

Edited on by Golgo

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeMartin

4. Posted:

Golgo wrote:

Luigi's Mansion, with remote-enabled torch control and ghost noises via remote speaker
I'm easy to please... :)

WOW that would be great! I'll move it up to my #2

fblink.com/MartinR (I always like new facebook friends so come over and add me!)
Backloggery.com/HawkeyeMartin (UPDATED BACKLOGGERY, come visit!)
Wii console: 5431-3663-9818-4085
Flipnote Hatena Command: right,down,B,right,A,R,up,left.
Any Online game with a player named HawkeyeMartin, Thats me!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mama_Luigi

5. Posted:

Golgo wrote:

Luigi's Mansion, with remote-enabled torch control and ghost noises via remote speaker
I'm easy to please... :)

I've never thought of that! That would be awesome!

Mama_Luigi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

6. Posted:

@ Chicken_Breauxtice

couldn't have said it better myself :)

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

feba

7. Posted:

Mario Sunshine would be nice, as I never got around to it on GC.

Can't think of any other GC games I'd want. Would be interesting to see Nintendo push other companies to make NPC! games from other platforms; Dreamcast (Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Rez-- although I'd prefer to see Shenmue released as a Remake/New Game trilogy ala Metroid Prime, and Rez released as a WiiWare game), Xbox (ok, I just want a Steel Batallion port for Wii. Pleaaaaaaaase?), etc. There's a healthy history of PS2 ports; RE4, Okami, Lego Star Wars, etc. Wouldn't be too hard to imagine a world where Nintendo would throw marketing muscle around to get great games on Wii. Also, the Half-Life series would be nice. I don't play on PC anymore, and have no interest in messing with Steam, but Half-Life/Half-Life 2 (and its various episodes) would be a great buy on Wii. Especially if it included Portal.

feba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeMartin

8. Posted:

feba wrote:

Mario Sunshine would be nice, as I never got around to it on GC.

Can't think of any other GC games I'd want. Would be interesting to see Nintendo push other companies to make NPC! games from other platforms; Dreamcast (Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Rez-- although I'd prefer to see Shenmue released as a Remake/New Game trilogy ala Metroid Prime, and Rez released as a WiiWare game), Xbox (ok, I just want a Steel Batallion port for Wii. Pleaaaaaaaase?), etc. There's a healthy history of PS2 ports; RE4, Okami, Lego Star Wars, etc. Wouldn't be too hard to imagine a world where Nintendo would throw marketing muscle around to get great games on Wii. Also, the Half-Life series would be nice. I don't play on PC anymore, and have no interest in messing with Steam, but Half-Life/Half-Life 2 (and its various episodes) would be a great buy on Wii. Especially if it included Portal.

Shenmue and Steel Battalion were great but Nintendo loves itself to much to make NPC 3rd party games.

fblink.com/MartinR (I always like new facebook friends so come over and add me!)
Backloggery.com/HawkeyeMartin (UPDATED BACKLOGGERY, come visit!)
Wii console: 5431-3663-9818-4085
Flipnote Hatena Command: right,down,B,right,A,R,up,left.
Any Online game with a player named HawkeyeMartin, Thats me!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

9. Posted:

I rather see a sequel of Luigi's Mansion honestly.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Alegeobla

10. Posted:

if a NPC Windwaker came out, i would buy it right away even though i have it for gamecube and have beaten it way to many times, i dont know there's just something about that game that i love

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

11. Posted:

I like the idea of Luigi's Mansion with wii controls (does almost seem designed for it), but it's too short a game to buy twice. I'm hoping for a sequel at E3. If they released Wind Waker NPC I would at least hope that they include the parts that were so clearly missing from the Gamecube game.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeMartin

12. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

If they released Wind Waker NPC I would at least hope that they include the parts that were so clearly missing from the Gamecube game.

I would like to see the ds used like the gba tingle map!

fblink.com/MartinR (I always like new facebook friends so come over and add me!)
Backloggery.com/HawkeyeMartin (UPDATED BACKLOGGERY, come visit!)
Wii console: 5431-3663-9818-4085
Flipnote Hatena Command: right,down,B,right,A,R,up,left.
Any Online game with a player named HawkeyeMartin, Thats me!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

13. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

If they released Wind Waker NPC I would at least hope that they include the parts that were so clearly missing from the Gamecube game.

...Wait what?!

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dwarfer

14. Posted:

HawkeyeMartin wrote:

With DK:Jungle Beat just out (and a great game at that) what are the top 5 GC games that should be made with the New Play Control!!
Maybe: 1:The Wind Waker
2:F-Zero GX
3:Mario Kart Double Dash
4:Mario Sunshine
5:?
...And how about wifi multiplayer?!

Definately Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine and The Wind Waker. Luigi's Mansion seems perfect for Wii controls, infact it was one of the first games I thought of when the Wii-mote was first shown. Super Mario Sunshine makes sense since it was one of the Gamecube's biggest games, and maybe the Wii-mote would work well for FLUDD. I thought the Wii controls were great in Twilight Princess and since I played TP I've always wanted to try The Wind Waker with Wii controls.

Not too sure about Double Dash and F-Zero GX. I always use a GC pad when playing Mario Kart Wii so NPC versions of DD and F-Zero GX wouldn't appeal to me personally.

As for other games, can't think of many. Eternal Darkness would be nice, although it won't happen. Wave Race Blue Storm could work. Star Fox Adventures could work as well. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour would definately work. Any others?

Dwarfer

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

15. Posted:

If an NPC Wind Waker came out, it had better use the Wiimote to draw a path on the map for your ship to follow, a la Phantom Hourglass.

Also, I think CowLaunch is referring to the rumored "missing dungeons." I've heard things like that before, but I'd be very interested to know more.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TourianTourist

16. Posted:

Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! would be my choices. Mario Kart DD should support all control schemes from MK Wii, stunts and of course Wi-Fi multiplayer.

About The Wind Waker, I don't think, this will ever happen nor be a good idea. The controls of Twilight Princess weren't really good, so TWW shouldn't be based on them. And we don't know how different the next Wii Zelda is going to be and if TWW could be rereleased with its controls.

Fruity Oaty Bars... let them blow your mind
Hyrule Blog

Nintendo Network ID: TourianTourist | Twitter: touriantourist

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dwarfer

17. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

CowLaunch wrote:

If they released Wind Waker NPC I would at least hope that they include the parts that were so clearly missing from the Gamecube game.

...Wait what?!

Yeah, The Wind Waker was apparantly rushed for release hence some parts never made the final cut. Apparantly two dungeons were ommitted from the final game. Just look at the part where you get Nayru's Orb - Jabun just gives it to you. Maybe it was originally planned for the player to go inside Jabun just like you went in Jabu-Jabu in Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages?

Dwarfer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

18. Posted:

The return of Barinade! lol
Well if that's true I'm interested about that too, never knew about the missing dungeons and stuff.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

19. Posted:

New Play Control! Pokèmon Channel >: D

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

20. Posted:

Dwarfer wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

CowLaunch wrote:

If they released Wind Waker NPC I would at least hope that they include the parts that were so clearly missing from the Gamecube game.

...Wait what?!

Yeah, The Wind Waker was apparantly rushed for release hence some parts never made the final cut. Apparantly two dungeons were ommitted from the final game. Just look at the part where you get Nayru's Orb - Jabun just gives it to you. Maybe it was originally planned for the player to go inside Jabun just like you went in Jabu-Jabu in Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages?

Just playing through the game I found this obvious, when you're given the orb I found it laughable. Zelda games tend to have a certain balance and symmetry which was lacking in this game. The constant sailing seemed like filler to me as well. A shame really, as some moments are the highlight of the series for me.

CowLaunch