Forums

Topic: Super Mario Collection discussion thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 166

warioswoods

Certainly disc space is not / was not an issue with this collection.

I do have a theory for the exclusion of Super Mario World, apart from the Virtual Console sales: it would require the Classic Controller to play, and one great virtue of this collection is that it will work with just the sideways Wii remote, unusual for an SNES title.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Z_Bone

What the heck. Maybe I don't remember it right, or I've been spoiled with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but Mario doesn't feel like he controls right in Super Mario Bros. and The Lost Levels. It's like I can't get him to stop and when you jump you can't really change your momentum. (Like I'm playing Ghost's n Gobblins.)

And also on the lost levels, on one of the levels there is literally a jump that is too long for mario to cross. I don't get it. A full speed run and jumping off the lip doesn't clear it. If anyone has come across this, what did you do? I don't remember mario being a puzzler

Do the Mario!

Rob_mc_1

Has anyone ever exploited the save function and for the fun of it, in SMB3 filled their entire inventory with Whistles?

♠♦♣

LordJumpMad

Rob_mc_1 wrote:

Has anyone ever exploited the save function and for the fun of it, in SMB3 filled their entire inventory with Whistles?

You can do that?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Rob_mc_1

Yup.

1) start a new game
2) collect whistle in 1-3 and 1-fortress
3) hit start and select save and quit.
4) load game and select World 1 again
5) continue at step 2

The game save your inventory, extra life count and last world you have been too. you can also choose any world so if you spent enough time at it you could technically fill your inventory with any item. including hammer or tanooki suits.

♠♦♣

MetalMario

Swiket wrote:

z wrote:

And also on the lost levels, on one of the levels there is literally a jump that is too long for mario to cross. I don't get it. A full speed run and jumping off the lip doesn't clear it. If anyone has come across this, what did you do? I don't remember mario being a puzzler

You don't even know, man.

You don't even know.

There are some hidden coin blocks nearby to get on the ledge above that gap.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Tin_Man

I got this for Christmas, and I finally beat Super Mario Bros.

Now it's time to get my butt handed to me in The Lost Levels.

Any tips?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Tin_Man

Big_A2

SteveW wrote:

zss_shadow wrote:

I forgot to mention, when you looks at Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, the game has what, nearly 50 games? Most are Genesis games ($8 on the Wii) and the game is $30.

$35 for 4 NES games is downright robbery, considering SUGC has extra features as well. Pffft, I'm even more glad I'm not getting this. But to each his own...

It's not 4 NES games, it''s 4 SNES games! the quality is much improved

No, it's one SNES game. And it doesn't even run properly in PAL regions. I actually got the Mega Drive collection when I got my PS3 a week ago. It was on sale for $28, and the Mario collection retails here for $40. So it's either 1 SNES game that plays at the wrong speed plus a 26 minute CD and little booklet or for $12 less, 40 Genesis games that run at the right speed, and in HD, plus 9 bonus arcade and Master System games, and interviews with developers. Looks like SEGA still does what Nintendon't.
I'm really disappointed, love you Nintendo, but this is the final straw. All you had to do was program a selection screen and dump some ROMs, it’s not that hard.

I’m pretty much boycotting the PAL VC for now (I’ll still buy imports).

Bass+X0 wrote:

I thought the European version would have been reviewed here by now.

I give it a 3. -4 for laziness, -3 for being in 50hz, -3 for price, and +3 becuase it's still Mario.

Can't wait until my NTSC SNES gets here from America. Sure, it'll cost a little more for each game vs VC, but at least I'm getting the real deal and not crippled 50hz ports. And, I’ll get to own a copy of Earthbound that I can actually read!

Edited on by Big_A2

CowLaunch

Tin_Man wrote:

I got this for Christmas, and I finally beat Super Mario Bros.

Now it's time to get my butt handed to me in The Lost Levels.

Any tips?

I beat it the other day. You can save after every level, so just keep replaying the level and don't be afraid of seeing the game over screen again and again. Unlike the NES version, saving on each level effectively means you have infinite lives to complete each level.

A lot of it is trial and error, so just a case of keep going, but some is just down to skill. Quite a lot is just being fearless, you can quite often just run towards and jump over hammer bros. and despite terrifying apparatus around Bowser you can quite often just run underneath him. You can also do the level enough times to the point where you are big Mario when you face Bowser, and therefore run right through him.

If you are trapped, and the only way out is a warp to a previous world, just let the time run out.

Whilst you can save regularly, if you are big or have fire flower always attempt the level then, because after you save and quit and come back, you'll be small again.

Right, can't think of anything else off the top of my head, hope that helps.

CowLaunch

Big_A2

MetalMario wrote:

Swiket wrote:

z wrote:

You don't even know.

There are some hidden coin blocks nearby to get on the ledge above that gap.

I always made that jump with Luigi. Could never do it with Mario.

Rob_mc_1

There are rumors that they might print more. So much for Limited Edition.

♠♦♣

ShaneM

Perhaps this reprinting will not contain the art book or soundtrack?

pixelstream.org

KaiserGX

I don't believe in these Rumors unless they come from Nintendo or store saying they have some coming in. The guy at Gamestop told me it was a one time deal though and weren't getting anymore. However if they do release more I can switch my shipping damaged copy for a new one.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Kid_A

Swiket wrote:

z wrote:

You don't even know.

I think I know the jump you're talking about. As I recall, there's a way around it. A few hidden blocks you have to hit, or a hidden pipe or something. Which world is it in?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Rob_mc_1

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't believe in these Rumors unless they come from Nintendo or store saying they have some coming in. The guy at Gamestop told me it was a one time deal though and weren't getting anymore. However if they do release more I can switch my shipping damaged copy for a new one.

“We are gratified by the consumer response to this limited-edition product, which we created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES,” Nintendo public relations director Marc Franklin told Wired.com via email on Friday. “Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date.”
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/mario-all-stars-wii/

Nintendo doesn't know what Limited Edition means. Look at the Limited Edition Platinum Gamecube. The device was limited by the discontinuation of that generation. I believe Nintendo will do what ever $ will tell them to do.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

KaiserGX

Why does everything need to be like that. They are a company and they make money, but people make it sound like they only do things for money power hungry reasons. If Nintendo would do whatever $ will tell them to do they would have brought Mother 3 as well as other stuff.

Besides it says they are exploring an options, so who knows what they are cooking up (or not).

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.