Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Reactions from Friends, Family , etc

Showing 61 to 80 of 95

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

61. Posted:

My 12 year old, who is pretty video game savy, thought it was just a controller upgrade. My wife, after hearing about the WiiU launch conference, got in touch with me immediately and asked me if I thought we should order one (almost implying that she thought we should). I've got several coworkers who are pretty avid gamers and one of them actually went to GameStop with me to preorder.

i think there is still a lot of confusion about the WiiU and the controller. Nintendo's marketing machine definately needs to do a bit of adjusting imho.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chriiis

62. Posted:

Samholy wrote:

my friends think im a nintendo fanboy, which is partially true. i started videogaming with nintendo and followed them since... (except the darn Wii)
my family thinks im crazy buying such expansive stuff, even more since i own a PS3.
they seem to think the WiiU is like a PS3...

but i have a feeling that...it might be,sadly, the last home console time for nintendo. So just like a great movie, when you start it, you wanna see the ending :-)
i truly hope im wrong. but who knows... Sony and microsoft are strong competitors with power machinery.

In the times we are in, we're lucky we have the 3 main companies still. Why is everyone still locked into the thought that Microsoft and Sony can afford to market $1 million consoles this time around to get the same gap last gen had, haha? Obviously they'll be more powerful and the Wii U may struggle a tiny bit with ports down the line but it won't be some massive gap.

UNO (dsiware) friend code: 3353 6748 6951
Black 2 FC: 2624 2142 4631

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6833-4680 | Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sjoerd

63. Posted:

The graphical capability won't be too much of a problem, Most of those Rayman Legends vids look great, but there isn't much memory needed to create those images. The real problem will be all the details in-game. The next playstation and xbox will probably have much more memory than WiiU will, leading to immense detail.
You'll probably be able to see every leef of a tree move individually, more enemy's will be able to move on-screen and multiplayer will be more massive.
It's the lack of processing power that'll make Wii Useless(haha) in the longterm.

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

64. Posted:

I doubt it'll have problems I mean people are already preordering it, I didn't because i thought I had more time based on NLs reaction to not wanting it, but I was wrong, lesson is, if people say they don't want it there lying

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

65. Posted:

In terms of what the system is able to do graphically, none of my friends or family (and myself) have been impressed.

On terms of the gamepad usage, it's definitely different. The best reaction has been in how you can play entire games on the tablet. Being a teenager, my friends are teenagers (go figure). At the very least I got a positive reaction from my friends when I told them one could play COD and Darksiders 2 entirely on the tablet, and one in particular found it quite novel. Since most of them don't have their own TV, this lets them play video games while their parents do something else, which they all found to be a good thing, and was definitely the thing they found to be the coolest about the system.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LolWut

66. Posted:

Allow me to climb aboard the "Nintendo should have come up with a better name" train

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

67. Posted:

I definitely understand the confusion, as even I thought it was just a new controller for a moment when it was announced. Though I find it very amusing that if Nintendo went the dull route of making a 'Wii 2' no one in the world would be confused. But numerical naming is just so bland!

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

68. Posted:

HD_Visor wrote:

Allow me to climb aboard the "Nintendo should have come up with a better name" train

Me too!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

69. Posted:

wobee wrote:

I definitely understand the confusion, as even I thought it was just a new controller for a moment when it was announced. Though I find it very amusing that if Nintendo went the dull route of making a 'Wii 2' no one in the world would be confused. But numerical naming is just so bland!

It worked really well for the PS2. And for the newest edition of each iPhone.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

70. Posted:

Most don't know what it is. The others think it's nice but have no interest in it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

71. Posted:

rdej47 wrote:

I really can't say this having the mass appeal that the Wii had when it launched. Wii Sports whether you like it or not was so brain dead simple that anyone could play and it was the multiplayer that really nailed it for families and friends. You could throw a remote to anyone in the room and they could start playing. This won't be the case with Wii U, only 2 tablets max and a learning curve.

You forget that we live in a world where every man and his dog has a smartphone or tablet within arms length. I don't think there's much of a learning curve because most people are already familiar with the technology one way or another. It depends on the game obviously but I'd argue that the GamePad mode in Rayman Legends for eg requires less explanation than even Wii Sports Bowling.

and I don't think the lack of multi-gamepad support is a game breaker. Do you remember how Wii Sports took off? It was primarily a "pass the remote" affair. Plus most of the games in Nintendo Land have the other players using Wii Remotes.... so how is that less than what the Wii had?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

72. Posted:

skywake wrote:

You forget that we live in a world where every man and his dog has a smartphone or tablet within arms length. I don't think there's much of a learning curve

I do not own a smarter-than-you phone or an keyboard-less laptop, never used one either, the closest I've had is my DS and 3DS.
my dog has never laid a paw on one either.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

73. Posted:

Void wrote:

skywake wrote:

You forget that we live in a world where every man and his dog has a smartphone or tablet within arms length. I don't think there's much of a learning curve

I do not own a smarter-than-you phone or an keyboard-less laptop, never used one either, the closest I've had is my DS and 3DS.
my dog has never laid a paw on one either.

hyperbole: Extreme exaggeration or overstatement; especially as a literary or rhetorical device.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

74. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Void wrote:

skywake wrote:

You forget that we live in a world where every man and his dog has a smartphone or tablet within arms length. I don't think there's much of a learning curve

I do not own a smarter-than-you phone or an keyboard-less laptop, never used one either, the closest I've had is my DS and 3DS.
my dog has never laid a paw on one either.

hyperbole: Extreme exaggeration or overstatement; especially as a literary or rhetorical device.

If it's not true, why state it at all then?..

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

75. Posted:

@Void
It's raining cats and dogs
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed
He's got a few screws lose
It's so cold you could freeze the balls off a brass monkey
He kicked the bucket
He fell off his perch
Beyond the black stump
at the back of Bourke
In the middle of nowhere
If hell freezes over
If pigs fly
It'll be Christmas before this traffic clears up

......... suggestion, don't ever come to Australia. You won't last a day.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

76. Posted:

skywake wrote:

@Void
It's raining cats and dogs
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed
He's got a few screws lose
It's so cold you could freeze the balls of a brass monkey
He kicked the bucket, fell of his perch
Beyond the black stump
at the back of Bourke
If hell freezes over
If pigs fly
It'll be Christmas before this traffic clears up

......... suggestion, don't ever come to Australia. You won't last a day.

..... You are avoiding my question. :P
But this is rather off topic, so I won't push it.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

77. Posted:

no

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astroshamu

78. Posted:

Im getting decent feedback from my neighbor but hes 10 always says he doesnt want it and 1 year later he gets it, my family i dont think can get past the name my mom is always yelling WEE UUU WEEE UUUU, My friends thought it was an add on for wii but now they know its a new system but im the only one whose pre ordered it, On launch day im going to invite them over to see zombi U because who doesnt like a good zombie game :) People still think my 3ds is a normal ds and theyre like you still play a ds even after looking at it and playing it theyre like whats different...... But my friends come over i have 2 3ds and my sis has one so we all start playing face raiders and then theres three teenage boys spinning around in the living room haha

Edited on by astroshamu

astroshamu

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2415-2393 | Nintendo Network ID: Astroshamu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

79. Posted:

Silly people the 3DS isn't just a DS with 3D, can you download retail games on your DSi? (except electroplankton, planet puzzle league, clubhouse, and true swing golf) can you put that white Cart into your DSi? Can you download pushmo on your DSi? Can you have friend codes on your DSi? Can you have StreetPass on DSi? You get my point, and I think I might show people who get them confused what's what

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

80. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Silly people the 3DS isn't just a DS with 3D, can you download retail games on your DSi? (except electroplankton, planet puzzle league, clubhouse, and true swing golf) can you put that white Cart into your DSi? Can you download pushmo on your DSi? Can you have friend codes on your DSi? Can you have StreetPass on DSi? You get my point, and I think I might show people who get them confused what's what

Friend codes aren't exactly a good thing..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852