Forums

Topic: Wii U Reactions from Friends, Family , etc

Posts 41 to 60 of 93

Gamesake

My friends are afraid a Wii U will make me a target leaving the store. They suggest it would be safer to buy a PS3, since no one will be fighting over those this Christmas.

...in my pants.

PokeTune

Only gamer in my family but I still don`t feel like I NEED this console just feel like its something I want not absolutely need.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

Samholy

my friends think im a nintendo fanboy, which is partially true. i started videogaming with nintendo and followed them since... (except the darn Wii)
my family thinks im crazy buying such expansive stuff, even more since i own a PS3.
they seem to think the WiiU is like a PS3...

but i have a feeling that...it might be,sadly, the last home console time for nintendo. So just like a great movie, when you start it, you wanna see the ending
i truly hope im wrong. but who knows... Sony and microsoft are strong competitors with power machinery.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

Samholy

Gallimastro wrote:

Meh, only gamers I talk to are pretty stuck on 360 and/or PS3. Despite multiplat titles like Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3, and Darksiders 2 being on it, and Zombie U as an exclusive bonus they're adamant on playing on those other consoles.

Don't get me wrong, seeing these full on games with extra features on a Nintendo console gives me hope that there's be more to come, Wii U is really trying to cater to the "hardcore" market. So far alot of large companies are way on board, now just need to convince Bethesda and Valve (Far cry I know) the same but at least it's better than what the Wii had.

I think Valve is already convinced... dont you see that Steam logo into the WiiU home screenshot ?
now lets hope bethesda will come in yeah. imagine skyrim with that pad, having the map always visible and skills/magics/weapons shortcuts accessible on the touchscreen. oh man.
The only other studios im carving for make playstation exclusives only.... (infamous, god of war,uncharted,ratchet and clank...)

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

ieatghosts

Samholy wrote:

Gallimastro wrote:

Meh, only gamers I talk to are pretty stuck on 360 and/or PS3. Despite multiplat titles like Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3, and Darksiders 2 being on it, and Zombie U as an exclusive bonus they're adamant on playing on those other consoles.

Don't get me wrong, seeing these full on games with extra features on a Nintendo console gives me hope that there's be more to come, Wii U is really trying to cater to the "hardcore" market. So far alot of large companies are way on board, now just need to convince Bethesda and Valve (Far cry I know) the same but at least it's better than what the Wii had.

I think Valve is already convinced... dont you see that Steam logo into the WiiU home screenshot ?
now lets hope bethesda will come in yeah. imagine skyrim with that pad, having the map always visible and skills/magics/weapons shortcuts accessible on the touchscreen. oh man.
The only other studios im carving for make playstation exclusives only.... (infamous, god of war,uncharted,ratchet and clank...)

I think that was just a mockup not made by Nintendo. I guess a man can always dream... xP

ieatghosts

cherrysunburst

Dad's reaction
Me: No, I'm goin to SELL the Wii-
Dad: And then you're going to buy another one.
Me: They're two different things, Dad!

"What are you gonna do, type angrily at me?"

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
Don't be friends with me if you don't like being attacked by ironic dank memes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Void

sushifreAk wrote:

Dad's reaction
Me: No, I'm goin to SELL the Wii-
Dad: And then you're going to buy another one.
Me: They're two different things, Dad!

Tell him it's a Super Wii, or Wii 2, or ask him if the NES and SNES were the same thing, or if the X-box and X-box 360 were the same thing, and ask him is the PS1, PS2, and PS3, were the same thing.
He'll probably figure it out then.. Or ground you for talking back...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

scrubbyscum999

My parents at first didn't even know the thing existed. I think they might be catching on to the fact that its a new system after I talked to them about it. My friends know about it but they aren't really keeping up. One of my friends sold his Wii because it stopped working. They all like Nintendo but they also have other systems. I have a 3DS that I still don't have any games for so like my friends I am just going to wait a little while.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

My Dad said "Awwww, too bad" as I'm only allowed to play on the Wii 3 hours a week. Then he said something which I though was "So by December you'll be up to what, 3 hours a minute?" I have no idea, but he's not interested, by brother has said he's going to buy a 3DS for the past 1 1/2 years(he still hasn't) my sister hasn't played a video game in years besides a couple on he DROID, my big bro likes Xbox and doesn't have much money(not working and spending all your money on movies and Xbox games'll do that), my mom at most plays a word game once every few days, and I'm really the only one that really wants it.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Reala

"what is that?" is a pretty common reaction.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

scrubbyscum999

I really hope Nintendo gets it marketing together by launch judging by these posts. It would be really stupid to have a system launch or the system itself fail because of poor marketing. I do believe there is a very good chunk of people who will not buy a Nintendo system no matter what, just like I can't see my self ever getting a Microsoft system and low chance of a Sony system.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

Reala wrote:

"what is that?" is a pretty common reaction.

Isn't that the reaction for everything?
Wii U. "What's that?"
3DS. "What's that?"
KIU. "What's that?"
Swapnote. "What's that?"
Smartglass. "What's that?"
Fibbonaci numbers. "What's that?"
LaPlace's Demon. "What's that?"
I know a funny joke. "What's that?"

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Reala

3Dash wrote:

Reala wrote:

"what is that?" is a pretty common reaction.

Isn't that the reaction for everything?
Wii U. "What's that?"
3DS. "What's that?"
KIU. "What's that?"
Swapnote. "What's that?"
Smartglass. "What's that?"
Fibbonaci numbers. "What's that?"
LaPlace's Demon. "What's that?"
I know a funny joke. "What's that?"

Err no most seemed to know what 3DS was and where quite interested in that, but wii u quite a lot don't seem to know what it is for some reason.

Reala

New_3DaSh_XL

Reala wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Reala wrote:

"what is that?" is a pretty common reaction.

Isn't that the reaction for everything?
Wii U. "What's that?"
3DS. "What's that?"
KIU. "What's that?"
Swapnote. "What's that?"
Smartglass. "What's that?"
Fibbonaci numbers. "What's that?"
LaPlace's Demon. "What's that?"
I know a funny joke. "What's that?"

Err no most seemed to know what 3DS was and where quite interested in that, but wii u quite a lot don't seem to know what it is for some reason.

With the 3DS, it was more like, "Oh yeah, I heard about that."

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

cherrysunburst

3DS. "WTF man that's a waste of money it jsut a tree dee dee ehs hao mani gaems ar in 3dee anyway"

"What are you gonna do, type angrily at me?"

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
Don't be friends with me if you don't like being attacked by ironic dank memes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Void

sushifreAk wrote:

3DS. "WTF maaaaaan, dat's a west of money it jsut a tree dee dee ehs hao mani gaems ar in free-dee anyway"

Fixed dat fur yuh.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

black-kyurem

I told my Auntie about the Wii U and she looked at her Wii and said "We already have one."

black-kyurem

DarkNinja9

IAmNotWill wrote:

Nintendo really should've changed the damn name. It confuses people and it sounds stupid. Awful idea.

i kinda have to agree a bit when i first heard of it i was like "what e.O" and thought is that what there calling it and though the name was in prototype mode or something but nope o_o

even though they did give a reason why they called it that but idk it confuses ppl and think its some random thing you made up when explaining the console >.<

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

rdej47

I really can't say this having the mass appeal that the Wii had when it launched. Wii Sports whether you like it or not was so brain dead simple that anyone could play and it was the multiplayer that really nailed it for families and friends. You could throw a remote to anyone in the room and they could start playing. This won't be the case with Wii U, only 2 tablets max and a learning curve.

rdej47

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic