Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 561 to 580 of 15,210

Kewlan

Dreamz wrote:

Just for giggles, they should name the next game 'The Legend of Link,' and have you play as Zelda.

I thought you already played as Zelda?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

First person zelda?
Untitled

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

xerneas

Shocks1776 wrote:

xerneas wrote:

The idea of a small planet intrigues me a lot, hmmm...

But Zelda in first person? Seriously...? That would be terrible and ruin the series for me. I wouldn't even buy the game if it was all in first person. That just wouldn't fit Zelda at all. Controlling is hard, you won't feel as immersed, you don't see stuff like monsters behind you or on your sides and what fun would even be in the exploration? I'm glad it's 100% sure they won't make it first person. They couldn't.

Dumbest post ever.
In first person:
Controls are easy
Immersion is maximized
Yes, you can't see enemies behind you, but can you in real life? SHOULD Link be able to?
Exploration is just as good, if not better.

CaviarMeths wrote:

The whole "running fast in first person" thing also reminded me of how much I hate cockpit view in racing games.

I actually love the cockpit view. The pinnacle of immersion.

But it just doesn't fit the game mechanics of Zelda imo. I'd imagine it's hard to fight (multiple) enemies or bosses using an array of items with that small field of view and also temples often contain visual and technical puzzles which just work out so much better in third person. I think it's nicer to actually see Link, firstly because it's easier to feel his location, that's pretty hard to explain but like walking on a narrow cliff is pretty tough in first person without looking down constantly, and also because I don't feel like Link is me, not at all, and I don't feel like I should be viewing the world through his eyes. If you tend to feel like the character in every game = you then maybe it's more immersive but not for me. To me exploration is also about the aesthetics and the ability to see everything beautiful around you, as said in first person the field of view is so small that you don't really see all that pretty scenery that well without constantly turning the camera and it might be harder to locate places.
First person may work well in simple games like shooters and racers but I just think Zelda is too complex for it in the same way as MMO's for example are.

xerneas

MsJubilee

First person zelda? Worst thought and idea ever people will hate it, reviewers will destroy the game. Fans will call it Call of Zelda, so many bad things can happen if they went that route.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GuSolarFlare

lol, First Person Zelda would only work as a spin-off of the Link's Crossbow Training(that's already a spin-off)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Dreamz

xerneas wrote:

But it just doesn't fit the game mechanics of Zelda imo. I'd imagine it's hard to fight (multiple) enemies or bosses using an array of items with that small field of view and also temples often contain visual and technical puzzles which just work out so much better in third person. I think it's nicer to actually see Link, firstly because it's easier to feel his location, that's pretty hard to explain but like walking on a narrow cliff is pretty tough in first person without looking down constantly, and also because I don't feel like Link is me, not at all, and I don't feel like I should be viewing the world through his eyes. If you tend to feel like the character in every game = you then maybe it's more immersive but not for me. To me exploration is also about the aesthetics and the ability to see everything beautiful around you, as said in first person the field of view is so small that you don't really see all that pretty scenery that well without constantly turning the camera and it might be harder to locate places.
First person may work well in simple games like shooters and racers but I just think Zelda is too complex for it in the same way as MMO's for example are.

As much as I'm personally not a fan of the game, every sentence of the above was also said about Metroid Prime before it came out, and it worked much better than anyone anticipated.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Spoony_Tech

I couldn't even imagine Zelda controlling in first person. You need to be able to see your character for most boss fights. As a matter of fact I personally think fighting enemies wouldn't be fun at all. Elder Scrolls is fun but there is no diversity in fighting enemies. I mean all you really do is attack, back up to avoid getting hit, then go back in for the hit. Elder Scrolls for me was more fun completing missions and the like.

Zelda is for me 33% exploration, 33%combat, 33% puzzle solving. Without one of those just like that I don't think it will work!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Shocks1776

Classic people not supporting change and evolution
Especially Nintendo fans.

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

Spoony_Tech

Shocks1776 wrote:

How is fp evolution? I think Zelda would play horribly in first person. Metroid works because you are for the most part shooting. Link has a sword and in first person that limits what you can do to swing up and down and left to right. Sounds incredibly boring to me.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

This thread is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Feel like I'm reading the same page over and over again.

Yes, 1st person Zelda is a terrible idea and the guy with a parody account is taking you all for a jolly ride. Hopefully we can all move on by the time the game actually comes out.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shocks1776

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Shocks1776 wrote:

How is fp evolution? I think Zelda would play horribly in first person. Metroid works because you are for the most part shooting. Link has a sword and in first person that limits what you can do to swing up and down and left to right. Sounds incredibly boring to me.

The Elder Scrolls was a huge success, and it was fun. I'm not saying Zelda should just copy Elder Scrolls, but they can borrow some elements to improve the franchise

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

Shocks1776

CaviarMeths wrote:

This thread is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Feel like I'm reading the same page over and over again.

Yes, 1st person Zelda is a terrible idea and the guy with a parody account is taking you all for a jolly ride. Hopefully we can all move on by the time the game actually comes out.

Parody account? Nice one, dude.
But for real, I feel like I'm always attacked when I come on this site.

Spoony_Tech

CaviarMeths wrote:

Yep, I know this as I was one of the first if not the first to see this. He wasn't even here for 2 hours at that time. He want to turn everything into Dudebro! It actually comes off as hilarious.

MERG said:

MsJubilee

The Legend of Zelda Dudebro edition, whats next the potions in the game are going to be mountain dew.Each one you open will get you experience to level up. but seriously first person zelda? That's idea will get laughed by everyone, just like it's happening right now.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

CaviarMeths

I liked both Skyward Sword and Other M, come at me.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Kewlan

I like Skyward Sword, and I loved the relationship between Link and Zelda.
I also still want think this Link is a woman. Though, in certain angles Link looks like a male too.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

theblackdragon

Shocks1776 wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Can we stop talking about 1st person in Zelda? It will never happen.
(Excluding certain items requiring it to aim.)

Last time I checked, you didn't create this thread, you aren't an admin, and you don't run this site, so I feel I can continue talking about this until one of those people I listed tells me otherwise. Until then, I would like to have honest discussion about First-person Zelda.

@Shocks1776: Though I wouldn't mind seeing an actual constructive discussion regarding a first-person Zelda-series game (hey, sneaking through the Gerudo jail and popping off guards is fun :3) you've made it quite clear that you're not interested in any sort of 'honest' discussion about anything in this thread, When you're done trolling and flinging insults and are ready to contribute constructively, let me know, but for now i'm afraid it's time out.

Can we please get back to discussing the game, guys? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LzWinky

I'll be honest about it. I don't want a first person Zelda.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

To get back to the subject of the new zelda. I don't know though why, but i want local multiplayer in the new Zelda. Don't how it will work though,maybe they can make something like battle mode.Where you fight random enemies in the game by yourself,or with a friend. I don't know but for me it sounds sort of good, who knows.

Edited on by MsJubilee

Kewlan

Yes!! He's going in the right direction!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic