Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 15,210

LzWinky

RedDevilAde wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Honestly, there are benefits for either route. Nintendo can start its next system with a bang.

I don't think they did themselves any favours releasing SS in 2011 when the Wii was well past its best. With the benefit of hindsight I think that should have been a Wii U launch title, I see a similar situation here given the market penetration of the Wii U with LOZ as the only big franchise game left in Nintendo's arsenal left to release (seeing Star Fox, XCX Paper Mario, Mario Maker as B team releases in sales terms no matter how good they may be).

The problem is that they would have needed to overhaul the ENTIRE game since it was designed around the Wii Remote. It would not have taken advantage of the Gamepad.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RedDevilAde

TingLz wrote:

RedDevilAde wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Honestly, there are benefits for either route. Nintendo can start its next system with a bang.

I don't think they did themselves any favours releasing SS in 2011 when the Wii was well past its best. With the benefit of hindsight I think that should have been a Wii U launch title, I see a similar situation here given the market penetration of the Wii U with LOZ as the only big franchise game left in Nintendo's arsenal left to release (seeing Star Fox, XCX Paper Mario, Mario Maker as B team releases in sales terms no matter how good they may be).

The problem is that they would have needed to overhaul the ENTIRE game since it was designed around the Wii Remote. It would not have taken advantage of the Gamepad.

Given the Wii U uses the remotes too (and was already confusing as it was going to get on the controller front) I would have just released it with a pack in remote and nunchuck option and forgot about retooling for the pad (god knows how you would even do that given how the game plays). Of course as I said I'm using hindsight here, knowing how disappointing the pad to turned out to be, when at the time it seems very promising (it was promised to be revolutionary). I can't see this would've been considered as an option at the time by Nintendo without knowing that.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

What?

You're too close to the Wii U, you aren't suggesting shrewd business definitions. It's obviously not a platform that can grow. They already announced what will probably be the next console and have no Wii U game announced for 2016 save Zelda.

I don't own a Wii U and I don't want one much at the moment either. I'm actually pretty disappointed with it. I say what I'm saying with a heavy heart, knowing I'll need to buy a Wii U to play Zelda. But speaking for Nintendo's best interests, burning your closest fanbase after already burning them with a first year of shoddy 1st party is a bad idea.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Nicolai

Dezzy wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I wouldn't mind if it were a 3D game, even if they used the same art-style as the N64 remakes. I'm starting to get sick of these top-down view games.

Getting sick of them? We've only had 1 this generation.

we've only had one new Zelda game this generation. One out of one is alot

But since the gamecube/gba, we've had Four swords, Four swords adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds, vrs. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. The handheld games come more often, so it would be nice to balance it out with a nice 3D game on handheld.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blast

Nicolai wrote:

Blast wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Does anyone think that a new 3DS Zelda Title will come out before Zelda U at this point?

Zelda U needs to be the last Zelda game for a good while. Huge Zelda fan here but the series seriously needs a break after Zelda U.

I wouldn't mind if it were a 3D game, even if they used the same art-style as the N64 remakes. I'm starting to get sick of these top-down view games.

The series needs a break though. Zelda U should be the last Zelda game for a good, long, while. Aonuma is calling it the ultimate Zelda game so announcing another Zelda game not that long after Zelda U is just dumb, in my opinion. Other Nintendo IPs like F-Zero and Metroid really needs to come back before another Zelda game gets announced.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Blast wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Does anyone think that a new 3DS Zelda Title will come out before Zelda U at this point?

Zelda U needs to be the last Zelda game for a good while. Huge Zelda fan here but the series seriously needs a break after Zelda U.

The series needs a break though. Zelda U should be the last Zelda game for a good, long, while. Aonuma is calling it the ultimate Zelda game so announcing another Zelda game not that long after Zelda U is just dumb, in my opinion. Other Nintendo IPs like F-Zero and Metroid really needs to come back before another Zelda game gets announced.

I don't entirely disagree, but I think if they did enough different that Zelda spinoff titles would work out really well in the meanwhile. I'm always fine with more Zelda games quite frankly, one of the few series that hasn't ever outstayed its welcome despite quantity imo.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

I don't think series need a break. I think you need to not buy them for a while

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

The only thing I feel they should give a break to is the remasters. Just so people have a chance to miss it. They should switch the remasters to another franchise like Metroid or Mario.

EDIT: Not because there's too many games, but because people might just get tired of the Zelda gameplay. As different as we all claim each game to be, most people just see the green tunic over and over. I could be wrong, but if I were Nintendo I'd just stay on the safe side and stop for a little while so people don't get tired of Link.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

As long as continued development of new Zelda games never stops, I see no problem with any number of remasters. OoT and MM weren't even made by EAD3, so it's not really an issue. PS3 pumped out a couple dozen remastered collections in the last couple years of its life, mostly for $20 each, and nothing but good things came out of that.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

The only thing I feel they should give a break to is the remasters. Just so people have a chance to miss it. They should switch the remasters to another franchise like Metroid or Mario

Miss what? Remasters or the old games?

Given the success of MM 3D, I don't really see your point here.

TuVictus

Miss the franchise a bit. I'm just a bit worried releasing too many Zeldas would get people tired of the franchise. Plus, there are many other Nintendo franchises that would benefit from the remaster treatment. Give Grezzo a chance to work on something else.

As for MM's success, it's great. I love that it sold so much.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Blast

Operative wrote:

Miss the franchise a bit. I'm just a bit worried releasing too many Zeldas would get people tired of the franchise. Plus, there are many other Nintendo franchises that would benefit from the remaster treatment. Give Grezzo a chance to work on something else.

As for MM's success, it's great. I love that it sold so much.

Agreed fully.

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

Right, like how they tire of the other top-selling franchises that get at least one game a year?

CaviarMeths

If people are tired of remasters, they can just not buy them. It's still not an issue.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

I used to have the mentality of being tired of something I would not buy anyway. Then I realized it was stupid and pointless. If you are tired of the franchise, just don't buy the games

TuVictus

TingLz wrote:

Right, like how they tire of the other top-selling franchises that get at least one game a year?

Well Guitar Hero suffered that fate. Call of Duty sales seem to be declining steadily over time. Granted it takes a little while, but why even push the franchise to that point? Take a break. Especially since Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the only 3D Zeldas left, and they can both be played on the Wii U.

EDIT: And it's not that I'm personally tired of the game. So calling this mentality "stupid and pointless" is childish and short sighted I'm just in general concerned for the franchise itself, not my own interest in not playing the games.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

LzWinky

I was more referring to the mentality of wishing the entire franchise to take a break when there are many others still willing to buy the games anyway.

Guitar Hero died because it was a fad

Edited on by LzWinky

Blast

I will say that there still is potential for future Zelda games despite Aonuma boasting about Zelda U. Female Link is inevitable. High school setting is coming too

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

In any case, you people are probably right and any more remasters they do will sell decently regardless of how often they're released. It's just strange that people can't see my viewpoint? I don't know. Calling it pointless and stupid is still childish, however. Have a goodnight!

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Blast

TingLz wrote:

I used to have the mentality of being tired of something I would not buy anyway. Then I realized it was stupid and pointless. If you are tired of the franchise, just don't buy the games

I see your point... But oversaturation is a real thing. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic