Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 27,917

Pit-Stain

@ShieldonRandoms I like people who look at every single detail. Maybe Sakurai just wanted to hint about them being in Smash Bros. (which is pretty obvious), or maybe it's just a picture taken from past Smash Bros. titles, but still we're not sure if it's really Ness or Lucas.

Edited on by Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

Snagrio

I'll be glad if there is character DLC if done like the extra challenge mode levels for Pikmin 3 (a good while after the completed game's release), especially since it'll give a second chance for favorites that probably won't be in the initial roster, like Roy for example, to be added.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Rezalack

WingedSnagret wrote:

I'll be glad if there is character DLC if done like the extra challenge mode levels for Pikmin 3 (a good while after the completed game's release), especially since it'll give a second chance for favorites that probably won't be in the initial roster, like Roy for example, to be added.

I think that DLC characters would be a good thing, a lot of people hate DLC, but if anything, Nintendo has proven it can do DLC better than anyone else. Pikmin 3's DLC is just great and well worth the cash. I could imagine SSB would be no different.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Snagrio

Spuratis wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

I think that DLC characters would be a good thing, a lot of people hate DLC, but if anything, Nintendo has proven it can do DLC better than anyone else. Pikmin 3's DLC is just great and well worth the cash. I could imagine SSB would be no different.

Also Sakurai hasn't given a flat out no for the possibility of DLC either, though he isn't thinking about the prospect atm (of course with the games themselves still in development that obviously goes without saying). He also mentioned future patches if necessary so there is likely going to some form of updating system one way or another.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Joeynator3000

...I keep having dreams where there's a Smash Bros. demo out there. Seemed so real too, lol.
I really hope this game will be out soon. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Budda

WingedSnagret wrote:

Yeah, Smashboards found the image that matches the one on the TV screen. http://i.imgur.com/HHDb9UQ.jpg?1
So there goes that theory.

I was actually about to say that the image on the TV are just dogs with a Mario and Luigi cap, but couldn't find any picture of it.. So I was unsure about it and scrapped it all together. blush Thank you for the picture! What a relief. lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

SheldonRandoms

Sakurai has the same eyes Lucario in that picture, because of the Ness and Lucas TV screen thing XD.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

19Robb92

Nice detail.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pit-Stain

Gotta love those Alfonzo jokes! Starship Mario will be my new favorite character!

Pit-Stain

TheN64Dude

Maskeraid wrote:

@Wings He's got a very generic appearance, and he's got almost nothing unique about his games anymore. And there's not many people who care for the Arcade Mario Karts, so his only connection to a Nintendo franchise isn't a strong one.

Since when do third-parties have to have connections with Nintendo to get in??? All you need is to be a popular, requested, and unique candidate that appeared on a Nintendo platform.

That's it.

Get "N" or Get Out!

LyIa

@TheN64Dude Kojima "begged" Sakurai to put Snake in. I'm pretty sure that helped his chances.

all men are kings 👑

SheldonRandoms

And then SpongeBob SqaurePants was added in Smash Bros, because Nickelodeon "Begged" for him to be revved up in the game

Pit-Stain

Maskeraid wrote:

I wonder if this entry will share a worldwide release date, or if it'll come out in each region on separate dates. I doubt it's the latter, as Sakurai is likely keen on keeping as much hidden as possible.

I can't remember the link, but I think Sakurai stated that the two games will have different dates. I'm still not sure as I don't have any evidence. I hope the Wii U version releases first.

Pit-Stain

Blast

Yeah... The Wii U version needs to come out before the 3DS version. The 3DS doesn't even need this game. The Wii U does. If I was Sakurai... I would release SSB 4 for Wii U in a month where there was hardly in competition, show off a bundle of the Wii U with the game just like Wind Waker HD bundle, then I would release the 3DS version like... 3 weeks later after Wii U's version.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pit-Stain

Wow! Good to see some changes in some items! I don't think it represents the one from Earthbound anymore. Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow's pic. I'm pretty confident it'll be Diddy Kong.

Pit-Stain

19Robb92

Love the facial animations

Also love the details on the new items, that little SSB sign at the bottom of the bat looks really nice.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic