Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,622

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,481. Posted:

I went to a friend's house for 3D World multiplayer and I agree that it's a fantastic game. 3D Land was great but everything about 3D World trumps it; the world map (and its secrets), the level design, the multiple characters, it's all so good. The references are really nostalgic for me and that just give the game extra points.

We beat the World 6 Enemy Blockade before I had to leave and I must say, one of the best Mario games I played so far in my life! Right up there with the fun times I had with the Galaxy games.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,482. Posted:

This game is one of the best mario game's ever existed aside from 64 and Galaxy. Just like @Dreamy I too, went to a friends house with my brother and sister to play this amazing game. and we still do now. Was a total blast, really. Heck, just like 3D Land and any other mario game I can't stop playing it, it never gets old. I love all the Mario enemies and references for the past mario games! Even the music is catchy as hell! Seriously, I love this game so damn much! :D

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,483. Posted:

I'm not getting all this Rosalina hate, she may run a little slow, but she's basically a better version of Luigi. She jumps high and can get even higher with her attack. I thought she was pretty good although I don't like playing her because I'm used to Toads run speed..

..Now, if only I could master Peaches potential super speed with the Cat suit. :|

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,484. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

I'm not getting all this Rosalina hate, she may run a little slow, but she's basically a better version of Luigi. She jumps high and can get even higher with her attack. I thought she was pretty good although I don't like playing her because I'm used to Toads run speed..

..Now, if only I could master Peaches potential super speed with the Cat suit. :|

Yeah, I don't get it either. I understand how losing her useful spin attack whenever she gets a power-up might appear to be a hindrance, but she still has plenty of power in her step anyway. My favorite character is Toad, though. I dominate with that little mushroom man and his speed.

Also, who agree that Bowser Land's music is really catchy?

Honestly, there's not a single music track I dislike in the entire game.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,485. Posted:

Piranha Creeper Creek and Beep Block Skyway are always stuck in my head. But, all of them are my favorite, every. single. one.

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,486. Posted:

Yeah, that's another thing about this game. The soundtrack, I've said it before here, but I'm not huge on video game soundtracks outside of a few that really stand out to me, but this game in particular had some levels where the soundtracks really caught my ear. The ones that Dark-Luigi mentoned in particular, the bass line in Beep Block Skyway was awesome. I was surprised to hear so many different tracks for all the levels.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,487. Posted:

I really liked the snow level remix. It pretty much just Christmas-fied it, but it's quite uplifting and merry. :)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,488. Posted:

My favorite is the Beach theme and its underwater version from Koji Kondo.

And who can forget the Hisstocrat battle?

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,489. Posted:

No mention on the credits? Soooo catchy!

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,490. Posted:

What I really love about the game's soundtrack is its diversity. So many tracks have their unique style (much like how lots of levels have their unique gimmick), and they're not your typical Mario tunes. Lava Rock Lair has a slight Crash Bandicoot feel and one comment on the Beep Block Skyway video said it sounds very Classic Spyro which is true. So despite it being new music, I personally get huge nostalgia from some of the new tunes.

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

1,491. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

What I really love about the game's soundtrack is its diversity. So many tracks have their unique style (much like how lots of levels have their unique gimmick), and they're not your typical Mario tunes. Lava Rock Lair has a slight Crash Bandicoot feel and one comment on the Beep Block Skyway video said it sounds very Classic Spyro which is true. So despite it being new music, I personally get huge nostalgia from some of the new tunes.

after listening with your comparisons in mind you are indeed right on the money. very crash and spyro indeed.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,492. Posted:

The Jungle theme reminds me of Crash Bandicoot more than anything.

I didn't think of Beep Block Skyway sounding like Spyro music, but it has been years since I've played these games.

I don't know if it's just me, but the first athletic theme that plays in levels like Clear Pipe Cruise reminds me of Sonic.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,493. Posted:

@DestinyMan - Yeah, the Jungle theme also feels like Crash; makes me think of jungles and village tribes which is a bit ironic considering that's what Crash typically went through.
If you can recall the first Spyro game, there was a level called Wizard Peak. Some are saying Beep Block Skyway reminds them of that level's music. If you compare, you might hear the similarities.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

1,494. Posted:

I got my copy last week and played it for the first time last night. This is what I was hoping we'd see on the Wii U- would have been nice as a launch title instead of NSMBU.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,495. Posted:

rockodoodle wrote:

I got my copy last week and played it for the first time last night. This is what I was hoping we'd see on the Wii U- would have been nice as a launch title instead of NSMBU.

U was better than nothing, really. I liked it more than NSMB2 for 3DS. It's good game for launch. But I hope they will do more games like 3D World on home console rather than Galaxies :/

Dave24

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,496. Posted:

defeats all of the bosses in Boss Blit, and enters the flagpole area......with one second left OH COME ON!!! xD

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,497. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

defeats all of the bosses in Boss Blit, and enters the flagpole area......with one second left OH COME ON!!! xD

start with Brolder, and than go with Hisstocrat. It is much easier if you do it that way. Also, jump from one to another (you can do that;)), it will be much faster. That way, you should have at least 180 sec after beating them all to unlock.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,498. Posted:

Dave24 wrote:

Mizore wrote:

start with Brolder, and than go with Hisstocrat. It is much easier if you do it that way. Also, jump from one to another (you can do that;)), it will be much faster. That way, you should have at least 180 sec after beating them all to unlock.

Eh it was only my second try though, but yeah I can do it...the Hisstocrats just slows me down sometimes, lol

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,499. Posted:

So far I've managed to get one green star on Champion Road. Then died pretty much straight after that.

I hate you life.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,500. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

So far I've managed to get one green star on Champion Road. Then died pretty much straight after that.

I hate you life.

You got this. I think it gets easier once you master getting that first star. Not too much easier, but easier nonetheless, lol.

Rezalack