Forums

Topic: PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 & Wii U possible features

Posts 21 to 40 of 59

Magi

Without backwards compatibility on the next Xbox, it'll be a LONG time before I purchase one. DVR functionality would be nifty too since my wife still watches quite a few over-the-air HD television shows.

I'm still hoping for that a la carte channel purchase possibility. From anyone really.

Magi

stromboli

I don't want Sony to leave. I enjoyed both PS3 games and PSP games. I think they made a very wrong move with both the Move and with the Vita though. The Vita was pumped for its quality graphics etc and they wasted a lot of money on that, yet my new phone has better graphics (higher resolution) and a better display than the Vita. Already. So we're left with the games and with anything that adds a plus. Also the controls. But the 3DS is a big winner. Now, I think that the Vita was crucial here, because I don't think they can make any profits on the PS3 considering how much they lost at the time, and considering everybody forgot about the Move.... Sony's situation is really bad. If you check the stock price, Sony's share price went down 61% compared to 5 years ago (or 51% compared to last year).

Nintendo went through a rough time too this last year, but things are really looking up with the 3DS. Sony meanwhile loses the tV market share, quites OLED business, trims down tablet price.... they're hurting. Nintendo is sitting on a lot of cash, they can afford to lose. Sony not so much. They can compensate but it's only so much until they ditch one of the most losing divisions. Just saying, it's a prediction, but you never know.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

LordTendoboy

stromboli wrote:

I don't want Sony to leave. I enjoyed both PS3 games and PSP games. I think they made a very wrong move with both the Move and with the Vita though. The Vita was pumped for its quality graphics etc and they wasted a lot of money on that, yet my new phone has better graphics (higher resolution) and a better display than the Vita. Already. So we're left with the games and with anything that adds a plus. Also the controls. But the 3DS is a big winner. Now, I think that the Vita was crucial here, because I don't think they can make any profits on the PS3 considering how much they lost at the time, and considering everybody forgot about the Move.... Sony's situation is really bad. If you check the stock price, Sony's share price went down 61% compared to 5 years ago (or 51% compared to last year).

Nintendo went through a rough time too this last year, but things are really looking up with the 3DS. Sony meanwhile loses the tV market share, quites OLED business, trims down tablet price.... they're hurting. Nintendo is sitting on a lot of cash, they can afford to lose. Sony not so much. They can compensate but it's only so much until they ditch one of the most losing divisions. Just saying, it's a prediction, but you never know.

You're saying your phone has better graphics than a Vita, but then you say 3DS is the big winner? If you're judging the systems on graphics, then neither of them win.

And I really wish people would stop comparing phones and handheld game systems. That's like comparing a PC with a home console. It's all just apples and oranges.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

luisesteban

Xbox and integration with windows means integration also with viruses an a lot of security issues!!!

luisesteban

turtlelink

I'm happy with the PS3. I honestly can't see what they could possibly do to there new system that will really stand out and make me want to get it.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

luisesteban

In matter of graphics like it was told in the last months, a game that looks like the avatar movie or right now like the tintin movie for the lowest configuration.
A highter realistic in fluids like water, blood (in MK9 the blood of the droids or the freddy krueger fatality looks lame), lava, etc

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

e-love

I'm perfectly fine with my PS3. Maybe that's because I've only had it for a year, but it still has a lot of potential, and it almost seems like the PS3 is just now hitting its high point with sales and great games. For Sony to slash the PS3's current success with a new system wouldn't make sense in my opinion. While the Wii U is a very welcome upgrade, the PS3 and Xbox 360 honestly don't need to improve yet. Its not needed, and its almost obnoxious of Sony and Microsoft because I feel like they just can't be okay with Nintendo having a new system competing with them without making their's better.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

shingi_70

that makes bologna sense at all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

emaan1 wrote:

....and its almost obnoxious of Sony and Microsoft because I feel like they just can't be okay with Nintendo having a new system competing with them without making their's better.

You had me until there. Like Shingi said, that doesn't make sense. This is only a rumor, albeit one people are taking seriously despite the lack of evidence or even sense.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

I know, I'm speaking theoretically. I would want for Sony and Microsoft to compete with the Wii U some before coming out with more powerful systems and making the Wii U look bad. I don't want another generation of "Nintendo graphics are so bad! Sony and Microsoft FTW!" We've already had to go through that.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

shingi_70

Sony's and mircosoft's.new systems would be fighting the wii u.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

emaan1 wrote:

I know, I'm speaking theoretically. I would want for Sony and Microsoft to compete with the Wii U some before coming out with more powerful systems and making the Wii U look bad. I don't want another generation of "Nintendo graphics are so bad! Sony and Microsoft FTW!" We've already had to go through that.

I don't think either company could afford to do something like that again this generation. They're gonna need to be really clever this time around, and that's gonna take time. As I've said before, I still don't see either company coming out with something new anytime soon.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RYBlast

emaan1 wrote:

Well, if Sony and Microsoft are smart, then they shouldn't really aim for super powerful graphics. How well did aiming for an ultra super machine go for Sony with the PS3 and Vita?

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Hundammac

Microsoft could afford.to many times over. they bought skype for 8 billion in cash and still has billions in the wat.chest.

WAT!

Gamesake

stromboli wrote:

I think Sony will leave the gaming business and there won't be any PS4.

They will not be missed.

...in my pants.

Pastry

I doubt that any home consoles will have 8k resolutions for a while, since I don't think there are any cables (or affordable TVs for that matter) that can transmit 8k images. Also, just think about how terrible an 8k image would look when scaled down to 480p.

Magi

Gamesake wrote:

stromboli wrote:

I think Sony will leave the gaming business and there won't be any PS4.

I will not miss them.

Fixed.

Magi

shingi_70

so called it earlier on this thread about the future of gaming console being content based.
from mircosofts ces keynote

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

so called it earlier on this thread about the future of gaming console being content based.
from mircosofts ces keynote

All of that is just Microsoft turning the 360 into a multimedia set-top box. Microsoft should take a page from OnLive and turn the 360 into a streaming / cloud gaming service.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

which is content. that's the future of consoles. having a gods mix of mutimedow content and games.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.