Forums

Topic: PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 & Wii U possible features

Posts 1 to 20 of 59

Jr-Joe

Some features that i think are likely for the next gen consoles.

PlayStation 4
-price: $499.99
-resolutions: 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 4K, 8K
-USB 3.0
-SSD
-PlayStation 3 backward compatibility
-built-in Wifi
-new controller design(touchscreen?)
-improved online security
-PS Vita as controller

Xbox 720 core
-price: $399.99, $479.99 with Kinect Plus(or whatever they call it)
-resolutions: 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 4K, 8K
-USB 3.0
-rechargeable controller(built in batteries)
-IE web browser
-built-in Wifi
-interactivity with windows 8 tablets
-DVR feature

Wii U
-price: $369.99
-3DS as controller
-Wii U tablet as standalone media/app tablet, expandable storage(Wii U console as gateway)

this is what i think, what do you think the big 3 have in the works?

Jr-Joe

Nintendo Network ID: Jr-Joe

shingi_70

really needs to be in other gaming.

Xbox 720
Price: $399
resolutions: 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 4K,
i/o: USB3, HDMi, Component cables, Thunderbolt
Rechargeable Controller
Xbox 360 and xbla BC
running off a windows 8 kernal
Xbox Live arcade,Xbox Live indie games, xbox app store
Muti-tasking apps through gameplay
Can be used as a set top box reciver for Fios/Uverse/ and time Warner

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

Xbox 720
Rechargeable Controller
Xbox 360 and xbla BC

Aside from the higher resolution, the Xbox 360 can do most of that stuff already.

This next gen is going to be pretty pointless if all we get are more multimedia features and better resolutions. We still don't know what MS and Sony will bring to the table, but at least Nintendo is trying something unique again.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

LordTendoboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Xbox 720
Rechargeable Controller
Xbox 360 and xbla BC

Aside from the higher resolution, the Xbox 360 can do most of that stuff already.

This next gen is going to be pretty pointless if all we get are more multimedia features and better resolutions. We still don't know what MS and Sony will bring to the table, but at least Nintendo is trying something unique again.

That's all I honestly what I really want.

-tight windows 8 integration. (all games cross comptaible with xbox and windows)
-Better Mutimedia
-reasonable Graphics update (smaratian levels)
-Kinect 2.0 (works with Windows/higher resolution cameras/own processor)

Its where televison is going.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

But if all TV's become internet connected with direct streaming, then we have no need for set-top boxes or DVR's.

[...

shingi_70

LordTendoboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

But if all TV's become internet connected with direct streaming, then we have no need for set-top boxes or DVR's.

Google Tv is a Set top box .

People go for the price. The Tv's with the smart software Cost way more than buying a Tv that has better picture, Its cheaper to go with a nice High end model with Roku,Xbox, Boxxe on the side than to get a High end TV with all that built in.

WAT!

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

People go for the price. The Tv's with the smart software Cost way more than buying a Tv that has better picture, Its cheaper to go with a nice High end model with Roku,Xbox, Boxxe on the side than to get a High end TV with all that built in.

True, but in the future these smart TV's will make set top boxes obsolete.

[...

shingi_70

zezhyrule wrote:

It's both

http://www.google.com/tv/get.html

I'd rather have the actual TV than the box thing myself.

Yeah but The TV's are usually Over priced and you still would need a DVR and Cable box. I'd rather get the best possible picture quality with a box on the side, instead of a mid-range Tv made expensive because of integrated google tv.

WAT!

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

you still would need a DVR and Cable box.

I can stream Netflix and Hulu Plus content on my laptop, PS3, and Wii, and I don't need a DVR. DVR's are only needed for recording shows, they're like big hard drives.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

It's both

http://www.google.com/tv/get.html

I'd rather have the actual TV than the box thing myself.

Yeah but The TV's are usually Over priced and you still would need a DVR and Cable box. I'd rather get the best possible picture quality with a box on the side, instead of a mid-range Tv made expensive because of integrated google tv.

They got a 40" going for $600. That's pretty good if you ask me. Not much more than what my folks paid for my 19" Samsung HDTV 3 years ago.

EDIT:

And yeah, you won't need a Cable Box and DVR is you're streaming shows off the internet.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

LordTendoboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

you still would need a DVR and Cable box.

I can stream Netflix and Hulu Plus content on my laptop, PS3, and Wii, and I don't need a DVR.

Cable boxes are only for cable / satellite TV, it has nothing to do with these smart TV's.

With out Cable, the TV part of Google TV barley works
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/29/google-tv-review/

Unless you're buying a Sony Internet TV and are content to live without a DVR, there's no actual "TV" in a Google TV device — you'll need a separate QAM tuner, cable or satellite box to actually watch television. Google's been very careful to demo Google TV devices with Dish Network thus far (even going so far to offer reviewers a Dish installation with review units), and there's good reason for it: the Dish VIP 622, 722, and 722K DVRs will communicate with your Google TV device via the network, allowing you to search for, see, and schedule recordings directly from the GTV interface. Setup is relatively quick and easy, as long as you remember to activate your DVR for integration first via the phone or a visit to Dish's site, and once it's working the control is instant, with none of the lag associated with IR blaster control. In fact, we couldn't get the DVR UI to lag while controlling it with the Revue's keyboard no matter how fast we pushed the buttons, which is truly impressive. Unfortunately, Dish's best DVR, the VIP 922 with integrated Slingbox, isn't supported, and there's still very little interface integration — you still have to use the Dish box's program guide, DVR interface and other controls, so you still have to deal with two UIs. Oh, and Dish charges a $4 monthly "integration fee" to make it all work. Yuck.

If you don't have Dish Network, your experience will be far less integrated — typing "Modern Family" into the Google TV search box will bring up future program listings and web results for the show, but won't show you that you have a local recording sitting right there on your DVR. You also won't be able to schedule recordings — selecting a future episode of a show brings up a box instructing you to... program your DVR! It's an extremely disjointed experience, to say the least. It's not all bad though: searching for programming you know is currently on (like "football") will tune your cable box using an IR blaster, and despite our very public reservations about this system, we found it generally worked without issue when set to control a TiVo HD and a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer, although we experienced some minor occasional glitches.

All in all, everything works reasonably well once you've got it set up, but it's not a novice-friendly procedure — don't expect to drop this off with your parents on Christmas morning and walk away. We'd much prefer Google or one of its partners build a far more complete device with an integrated DVR — Dish Network, we're looking at you.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

But again, if it's integrated with the internet, can't you just use Hulu? I don't even watch television anymore for various reasons, but I do use Hulu. If I can get that on a 40 inch screen, that's good enough for me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

GundamMac wrote:

But again, if it's integrated with the internet, can't you just use Hulu? I don't even watch television anymore for various reasons, but I do use Hulu. If I can get that on a 40 inch screen, that's good enough for me.

Hulu Blocks Google Tv.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

Hulu Blocks Google Tv.

Well then, forget that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

GundamMac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

Hulu Blocks Google Tv.

Well then, forget that...

Hulu does it so they can make money off their mostly ****** Hulu plus service. Its annoying as hell .

But on the bright side you still have

Netlix and Onlive

WAT!

stromboli

I think Sony will leave the gaming business and there won't be any PS4.
As far as Microsoft go, I agree they will try to integrate the system with the computer business.
And Wii U we already know: the new tablet revolution, and a great online system to rival Microsoft.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

LordTendoboy

stromboli wrote:

I think Sony will leave the gaming business and there won't be any PS4.

False. Sony may have lost a bunch of money with the PS3 early on, but they are making a small profit now. And they have dozens of 1st-party studios worldwide. Do you really think they're going to shut them all down and just call it quits?

You may want Sony to leave, but it won't be good for all those developers. If Sony does exit the console market, they will more than likely go 3rd-party (just like Sega).

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.