Forums

Topic: PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 & Wii U possible features

Posts 41 to 59 of 59

The_Fox

shingi_70 wrote:

so called it earlier on this thread about the future of gaming console being content based.
from mircosofts ces keynote
Untitled

Not thrilled to see pure evil there.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Swiket wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Hey, Microsoft isn't that bad.

Ha, I knew someone was going to do that.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

luisesteban

Swiket wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

yeap...M$ is pure evil...they should put some linux in that xbox machine for a while

luisesteban

shingi_70

luisesteban wrote:

Swiket wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

yeap...M$ is pure evil...they should put some linux in that xbox machine for a while

but Linux sucks
there's a reason why Sony took it out of the ps3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

but Linux sucks

Because hardly anyone uses the PS3 as a computer. That's why.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

luisesteban wrote:

Linux is great

not if o need to get work done. Ubuntu is great when I'm mesiing around.buy when i need to use photoshop,evernote , or itunes than i have to go with windows or OSX.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Ryno

LordTendoboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

but Linux sucks

Because hardly anyone uses the PS3 as a computer. That's why.

The "lack of use" of Linux is not why, more like how it was used.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

luisesteban

shingi_70 wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Linux is great

not if o need to get work done. Ubuntu is great when I'm mesiing around.buy when i need to use photoshop,evernote , or itunes than i have to go with windows or OSX.

Well there is a lot of options...good luck with S.O.P.A by the way

luisesteban

komicturtle

I think The_Fox was referring to Fox News...

If the future for game consoles is indeed News Corporation, then I'd hope the people in them at least get some basic education in video games.

komicturtle

FOREST_RANGER

shingi_70 wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Linux is great

Then don't you mean useless?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

brooks83

207KD wrote:

Some features that i think are likely for the next gen consoles.

PlayStation 4
-price: $499.99
-resolutions: 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 4K, 8K
-USB 3.0
-SSD
-PlayStation 3 backward compatibility
-built-in Wifi
-new controller design(touchscreen?)
-improved online security
-PS Vita as controller

Xbox 720 core
-price: $399.99, $479.99 with Kinect Plus(or whatever they call it)
-resolutions: 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 4K, 8K
-USB 3.0
-rechargeable controller(built in batteries)
-IE web browser
-built-in Wifi
-interactivity with windows 8 tablets
-DVR feature

Wii U
-price: $369.99
-3DS as controller
-Wii U tablet as standalone media/app tablet, expandable storage(Wii U console as gateway)

this is what i think, what do you think the big 3 have in the works?

No, I think Sony learned their lesson about launching a console with that high of a price tag.

brooks83

zionich

This was an interesting article.

Here

If this holds water Its going to be a fun console war. The 20% differece in power will probably not even be noticable till the end of the consoles cycles. Get that third party support Ninntedo !!!!!!

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

shingi_70

the gamecube eta had similar power levels and that didn't make a difference. opus we still have to see how nintendo handles DD.

WAT!

Ryno

PS4 Rumors:

Kotaku notes that the predicted specs of the Orbis (PS4) currently include an AMD x64 CPU and AMD Southern Islands GPU. The source told Kotaku that "select developers" have already received dev kits at the beginning of the year and revised kits arrived around the time of the Game Developers Conference earlier this month.

Furthermore, according to Kotaku's source, Orbis will not feature backwards compatibility with PlayStation 3 games and will incorporate some sort of used-games restriction. Apparently, once a consumer inserts a Blu-ray disc into Orbis it must be tied to a PSN account and can no longer be shared. The data can be installed onto the system and flagged as "downloaded" from the PSN so it can be re-downloaded for future use. Sources are "unclear" as to how the disc functions following this, though one possibility is that the disc can allow consumers to access trial content before purchasing the full game on their console.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221819p1.html

It's also a name loaded with meaning. The word "Orbis" itself, from Latin, means circle, or ring, or even orbit. Not terribly helpful. Combine it with the name of Sony's new handheld system, though, and you have the common term Orbis Vita (or, in strict Latin, Orbis Vitae). Which means "The circle of life". Could the Vita be playing a very important role in the development and use of the next PlayStation home console? Maybe! Hello Wii U!

The PS4's GPU in particular, we're told, will be capable of displaying Orbis games at a resolution of up to 4096x2160

All we've heard is that you need to authenticate a new game online via the PSN.

Alternative Source: http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbi...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mandoble

If MS is able to make it around Windows 8 (and DX11) so that you may have games playable in both PC and next XBoX (same media), then it would be really outstanding.

Mandoble

JustAnotherUser

shingi_70 wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Linux is great

Even though I love Linux and currently running Ubuntu 11.10 I agree with @shingi_70
You can only use Linux completely of you know a lot about it, such as compiling source code and extracting .tar.gz archives.
I have the (shameful) need for windows again so I can game and have my audio quality back. iTunes isn't a problem for me as I use VirtualBox with Windows XP.

JustAnotherUser

shingi_70

JarvanZheitk wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Linux is great

Even though I love Linux and currently running Ubuntu 11.10 I agree with @shingi_70
You can only use Linux completely of you know a lot about it, such as compiling source code and extracting .tar.gz archives.
I have the (shameful) need for windows again so I can game and have my audio quality back. iTunes isn't a problem for me as I use VirtualBox with Windows XP.

Dude look up Google Music, sign up and start uploading your music onto it. All your music in the the Cloud and can be used from any broswer or mobile device. perfect for you my Linux using friend.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.