Forums

Topic: Nintendo TVii coming to European Wii U sometime in 2013???

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

xBASSxMONSTAx

So I just read that the good old US are getting Nintendo TVii next month, while us poor Europeans will have to wait until sometime after 2013? But let's leave that small issue of Europeans getting shafted again by Nintendo shall we.

Here's the source - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-26-out-next-month-i...

So what kind of content would you like it to have? I think it should definetly have the basics like Lovefilm, Netflix, iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD and possibly Sky.

What about that Nintendo don't support Dolby Digital or DTS, will that effect you watching TV on your Wii-U

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

19Robb92

I'd love to get SVT Play (or all the online streaming channels) and ViaPlay available through TVii here in Sweden.

But that won't happen cause it'd be way to much work for Nintendo. I think that's the main problem with a service like this to be available in different countries. Most have different companies offering the same things, there's no unified or general services in EU like there are in the US.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

ahaug1

That sucks...
I have Netflix free throughout 2012.

ahaug1

Twitter:

Reef7009

Im lost for words. Its everyday , everyday something new pops up. Im getting a U but dont get nintendo

Reef7009

ShadJV

Of course from a consumer standpoint it may seem like Nintendo is shafting Europe, but stop and think of it from Nintendo's point of view. Nintendo TVii is fairly easy to implement in the US, where an entire region has unified services and one main language. It's not so simple in the UK, and the cost and effort may not outweigh the profits. I mean, it sucks and I'm not saying it's fair, but there is most likely reasoning behind this. If anything, it's good they're bringing it to some regions there at all.

Honestly, I don't see a lot to be jealous about here. Granted, I haven't actually gotten to see how the service will work, but I can't imagine it's any sort of killer app that I will use often.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

19Robb92

ShadJV wrote:

Granted, I haven't actually gotten to see how the service will work, but I can't imagine it's any sort of killer app that I will use often.

It actually looks pretty darn good I'm jealous.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Cipher

I don't see anything to be annoyed about here. Nintendo TVii was originally exclusive to North America - it's the perfect service for Wii U owners in the region, and as ShadJV's said, it's bound to be a heck of a lot more difficult to implement in Europe.

Nintendo hasn't shafted Europe - we weren't going to get it at all, and now they've managed to put something together and we're getting it in 2013. We're fortunate they tried, because something worked.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.