Forums

Topic: Nintendo spends $100 million on mystery acquisition!

Posts 61 to 62 of 62

DefHalan

skywake wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I still think if the company they bought isn't game related that the tech the company is working on can be used in a gaming way (or at least Nintendo thinks so)

We are talking about a company that has made "gaming products" out of gyros, scales, bongos, pedometers, IR cameras and so on. Now I doubt it's the pebble, it was just a stab in the dark... but it's not that crazy. Also for a company like that $200mill would be about the sort of ballpark figure.

Also it's a smart watch, not a watch. There are plenty of potential gaming related applications for that sort of thing.

A type of Smart Watch, possibly for exercise/gaming/NFC/others, would be interesting coming from Nintendo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

DefHalan wrote:

skywake wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I still think if the company they bought isn't game related that the tech the company is working on can be used in a gaming way (or at least Nintendo thinks so)

We are talking about a company that has made "gaming products" out of gyros, scales, bongos, pedometers, IR cameras and so on. Now I doubt it's the pebble, it was just a stab in the dark... but it's not that crazy. Also for a company like that $200mill would be about the sort of ballpark figure.

Also it's a smart watch, not a watch. There are plenty of potential gaming related applications for that sort of thing.

A type of Smart Watch, possibly for exercise/gaming/NFC/others, would be interesting coming from Nintendo

But why would anyone buy that when Google and apple are working on smart watches that itergrate deeply with their phone OS and services.

I really don't think Nintendo has the infascture to compete.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.