Wii U Forum

Topic: Ghosts

Showing 1 to 20 of 31

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

1. Posted:

Sometimes when I'm playing it makes my system freeze. Wii U is barely 3 months old and all the freezes makes me a little worried. It's been around 5 or 6 times since the update at different points during the game....dang it! see, again...i just typed this and it froze again. this really sucks.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

2. Posted:

Do you have an external HDD?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

3. Posted:

Who you gonna call...?

Nintendo. They should help.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

4. Posted:

I've had problems with CoD updates at first, too. You need to make sure the update data is on the Wii U system memory and not your ext. HDD.

If you don't have an external HDD, you should probably call Nintendo. Also, internet connection flaws are a common problem, but I doubt that's the case, here.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

5. Posted:

I have an external HDD

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

6. Posted:

SearchNDestroy wrote:

I have an external HDD

Exactly, so go to your external HDD and move the update data to the Wii U system memory. The exact same thing happened to me.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

7. Posted:

What I meant was I have one but it's not being used for the Wii U.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

8. Posted:

Is it during the campaign or online modes? If it's freezing either way, it's probably your internet. It's very unlikely that your system is faulty.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

9. Posted:

its online and what would lead you to believe its my internet?

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

10. Posted:

SearchNDestroy wrote:

its online and what would lead you to believe its my internet?

It's a common issue, even offline.

Update your internet router(not the Wii U) and keep the router settings simple so it's easy for your Wii U to connect.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

11. Posted:

So you're saying..if the Wii U isn't online it would still be the internet? That doesn't make much sense haha
Can you direct me to where you found that info, I've searched a while and couldn't find anything.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

12. Posted:

SearchNDestroy wrote:

So you're saying..if the Wii U isn't online it would still be the internet? That doesn't make much sense haha
Can you direct me to where you found that info, I've searched a while and couldn't find anything.

It's because the Wii U connects to the server even when it's offline. There's a feature called Spotpass that connects to the servers.

I'm 99% sure you need to update your router. If it still doesn't work, your router is either an old model, or you really do have a faulty Wii U(this is the 1% part if your router is fine).

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

13. Posted:

All you got to do is find your router model #, which is usually on the bottom of it. Then go to your internet provider's website or type the model number into Google.

If you search on Google, type "firmware" after the model number and there should be a link to the latest firmware. Download the file and follow the instructions from there. It will reboot, and you might need to go into the Wii U to re establish your connection.

If that doesn't work, again, you're router is either outdated or you have a faulty Wii U. Faulty Wii U's are a rare case.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

14. Posted:

spotpass only connects if you allow it.
i can appreciate you tryin to help but it sounds like you're talkin out of your a** bro.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

15. Posted:

SearchNDestroy wrote:

spotpass only connects if you allow it.
i can appreciate you tryin to help but it sounds like you're talkin out of your a** bro.

I'm actually not, but whatever. I'm guessing you didn't even try to update your router. Did you?

There's lots of people that have internet problems. There's under a 1% chance your Wii U is faulty. The least you can do is troubleshoot this sort of stuff based on a 99% chance, otherwise you wouldn't even be asking for help on a forum in the first place.

Also, according to your reply, Spotpass is disabled. I literally just got a software note regarding the Wii Fit U about an hour ago. If you got the same thing, I know Spotpass is on, and it all goes back to your router or internet.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

16. Posted:

Look, this post was made to see if ppl were experiencing the same things as I was and that's it.
I never asked for help and where you gettin percentages like that from anyway??

...sounds like you're more interested in being correct and getting me to believe what you say.
Stop bein a troll.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SearchNDestroy

17. Posted:

...talkin bout 99% lol

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

18. Posted:

he's trying to help, and is probably right. no one else has replied saying they've had similar problems so its more than likey likely you havent got everything set up right.
alot of freezes are caused by the internet connection and unless you want it to keep freezing your only option is to give his advice a try,

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

19. Posted:

I thought this was going to be a discussion post about ectoplasmic spirits. I was disappointed.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

20. Posted:

Captain_Bagel wrote:

I thought this was going to be a discussion post about ectoplasmic spirits. I was disappointed.

seconded

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF