Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 261 to 280 of 835

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

Why are we acting like it would be a bad thing to downscale the cinematics and crap in FFXV?

I'd find it to be a bad thing. I'm already paying $60, why should I have to put up with a lesser version?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

Oragami wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@Origami You have most certainly not proven there is adequate demand at all. @SCAR389 also didn't abandon the thread because others were ignorant to the truth.

Oragami wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Then prove there are millions of Wii U owning Final Fantasy fans out there.

Don't forget to have fun.

Prove there aren't. There were many Wii and GameCube owning Final Fantasy fans, and it was said that Wii U owners were very loyal to Nintendo, as were GameCube owners, and Crystal Chronicles sold 1.38 million copies. That was for a BRAND NEW GAME. Bringing FFXV would be a PORT, which is cheaper to produce than a BRAND NEW GAME. The Virtual Console Final Fantasy games were also bestsellers, so there is a current demand among Nintendo fans, as the Virtual Console was used mostly by Nintendo Loyalists.

How many of those people that bought those games do you think only Nintendo systems and only plan to own Nintendo systems? I don't know, but I have a feeling it'd be a pretty darn huge chunk, enough to render your point moot.

I'm having trouble seeing your point that there's demand for a Wii U version. Of all the people that commented in this site that I can see, you are the only one in the precarious position of wanting FF XV while also never planning to own a PS4 OR XB1. Considering how different the Wii U is architecturally, what with its focus on GPU rather than CPU, it would take considerable effort and cash to support a port. Square Enix as a company just doesn't seem to be willing to take the risk, especially with the way sales numbers of Wii U games in general are, especially third party games.

Their plan is that if you want the game, you'll have one of the two systems that supports it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SCRAPPER392

http://playeressence.com/teku-studios-adapting-direct-x11-fea...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/developer_interview_...
"NL: What are your overall thoughts on the system and its concept so far?
Johannes Conradie: On the tech side, having DX11 level features is pretty useful, which makes large parts of the system compatible with our other platforms. Overall the hardware itself is slightly faster than the other current-gen consoles. One very nice advantage the console has is the additional usable memory you have. Having that extra memory made development much easier compared to other current-gen platforms."

EDIT: In regards to the speed, he's talking about GHz. The Wii U is faster than 7th gen systems with half of the GHz. Speed is not necessarily power, so don't misinterpret that bit.

http://www.nintengen.com/2011/07/wii-us-opengl-will-have-simi...

DX11 isn't an issue. There's 3 links with proof, one of which is from the site you're currently on.

Again, SE is DEVELOPING the game in DX11, but NOT porting it using DX11. Guy's, this is is old news.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Oragami

CaviarMeths wrote:

Why are we acting like it would be a bad thing to downscale the cinematics and crap in FFXV?

I'm fine with it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Oragami

Jaz007 wrote:

Oragami wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@oragami have you ever played a Wii or DS port? they're completely different games from the original platforms.

Wii Ports' only differences are the ones I've already mentioned and the addition of pointer and motion controls, and you're right on DS ports, but the difference in power between PS4/Xbox One and Wii U is not nearly as drastic as PS3 and DS.

The Wii version of The Force Unleashed 2, NES: Hot Pursuit, and Transformers: War for Cybertron are all completely different from the PS360 version. Look them up, all completely different games.

Then they aren't ports, they're different games.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Aviator

And look, now we're back to talking about porting and not demand.

Explain how this thread proves that there is demand for FFXV again.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Oragami

moomoo wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@Origami You have most certainly not proven there is adequate demand at all. @SCAR389 also didn't abandon the thread because others were ignorant to the truth.

Oragami wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Then prove there are millions of Wii U owning Final Fantasy fans out there.

Don't forget to have fun.

Prove there aren't. There were many Wii and GameCube owning Final Fantasy fans, and it was said that Wii U owners were very loyal to Nintendo, as were GameCube owners, and Crystal Chronicles sold 1.38 million copies. That was for a BRAND NEW GAME. Bringing FFXV would be a PORT, which is cheaper to produce than a BRAND NEW GAME. The Virtual Console Final Fantasy games were also bestsellers, so there is a current demand among Nintendo fans, as the Virtual Console was used mostly by Nintendo Loyalists.

How many of those people that bought those games do you think only Nintendo systems and only plan to own Nintendo systems? I don't know, but I have a feeling it'd be a pretty darn huge chunk, enough to render your point moot.

I'm having trouble seeing your point that there's demand for a Wii U version. Of all the people that commented in this site that I can see, you are the only one in the precarious position of wanting FF XV while also never planning to own a PS4 OR XB1. Considering how different the Wii U is architecturally, what with its focus on GPU rather than CPU, it would take considerable effort and cash to support a port. Square Enix as a company just doesn't seem to be willing to take the risk, especially with the way sales numbers of Wii U games in general are, especially third party games.

Their plan is that if you want the game, you'll have one of the two systems that supports it.

I haven't gone back and read all of the comments yet, but there were some people besides me that were vocal about wanting this game, and there was a good chunk that wanted it, but said it would never happen due to tech and demand, but their demand argument can't be proven, and their tech power was disproven by me and @SCAR392.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

Aviator wrote:

Again, not only can you not disprove there is a demand, but there are also people on this forum that said they wanted FFXV on the Wii U. Also, this forum doesn't represent the entire Wii U owning community. So prove there is no demand. If this forum is your only source for comparison, there is a demand.

Also, topical drift doesn't mean demand disappears. That argument is invalid.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

That's because whenever we talk about demand, the conversation goes back to specs, so I keep posting links, then people say there's no demand, so I explain how we've already said this stuff.

Games being bought on a previous console does not necessarily mean that there is demand. It this was the case, basically the entire line of Xbox system in the past 3 generations wouldn't have gotten as much, or more support than Nintendo or Sony has, and you could even say the same about Playstation and Sega compared to Nintendo.

You can't say there isn't demand, because that's already been proven by Xbox consoles, time and time again. You guys saying that demand is an issue, are using instances that have already been proven otherwise.

FFXII and XIII were on Xbox 360 with no prior "demand" and now XV and KH3 will be on Xbox One, without an "demand" for KH3.

EDIT: The argument is literally invalid, because Xbox consoles have already proven otherwise.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Knux

So I guess people would be fine playing a N64 version of The Wind Waker? What wonderful logic.

Knux

CanisWolfred

Except there was demand for the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII. The PS3 was the lesser choice at the time, so a lot of FF fans switched to the 360, and enough of those people demanded it that they felt it was a worthwhile investment.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oragami

Knux wrote:

So I guess people would be fine playing a N64 version of The Wind Waker? What wonderful logic.

That's across 2 different generations, a different game format (cartridge vs. disc), and the N64 has half the power that the GameCube does (64 bit vs. 128 bit).

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Knux

Oragami wrote:

That's across 2 different generations, a different game format (cartridge vs. disc), and the N64 has half the power that the GameCube does (64 bit vs. 128 bit).

Wrong again! It's a generation apart just like PS1 and PS2 are. If you REALLY want to go there, porting Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U would be the same as porting Shadow of the Colossus to the PS1. Even if it's possible, it would be a crappy and downscaled port. No reasonable person wants to buy that.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Oragami

Knux wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Wrong again! It's a generation apart just like PS1 and PS2 are. If you REALLY want to go there, porting Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U would be the same as porting Shadow of the Colossus to the PS1. Even if it's possible, it would be a crappy and downscaled port. No reasonable person wants to buy that.

No, I said the N64 and GameCube were a generation apart, I just worded it differently. And no, porting FFXV to the Wii U would not be the same as porting Shadow of the Colossus to the PS1 because the PS1 used a much different sprite modeling technique than the PS2, as did the N64 and GameCube. That's why Final Fantasy X can have an HD Remaster and Final Fantasy VII can't. The Wii U and PS4/Xbox One use the same modeling technique, so it is possible, and it wouldn't look horrible.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

Except there was demand for the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII. The PS3 was the lesser choice at the time, so a lot of FF fans switched to the 360, and enough of those people demanded it that they felt it was a worthwhile investment.

That makes zero sense. PS3 being the "lesser choice" shouldn't have effected SE's support, at all, and it technically didn't, because it still got FF13.

So you're telling me that PS1/2 owners, bought an Xbox 360 for FF13, even though the game was coming to PS3. Again, zero sense.

This is beside the fact that 3rd parties have already blindly supported Xbox One and PS4, before any sales were made. That knocks any Wii U sales bit out of the park. Fact. However, 3rd parties may be wanting to make enough money on Xbox One and PS4, before supporting Wii U. This is my guess.

My point is that alot of the supposed problems Wii U has, aren't real, so it takes more logic than bad press to figure out.

@Knux
That was proven years ago when games(mainly Activision's), continued to come ot on last gen consoles. Tony Hawk 4 was on PS1, around 3 years after the freaking GCN came out. Or FIFA 14 on PS2.
EDIT: Also, that has absolutely nothing to do with this. FFXV wouldn't run like an Xbox 360 game on Wii U, You're ignoring that Wii U can DX11 effects in a different fornat, which is what this game runs on.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

That makes zero sense. PS3 being the "lesser choice" shouldn't have effected SE's support, at all, and it technically didn't, because it still got FF13.

They were already developing it for the PS3, and if they shut down the PS3 version entirely, they would've lost fans. Now they've stratefied the fanbase. Damage has been done, and now they have to make ports to support their Xbox fans, which again shouldn't be a problem since the Xbox One and PS4 are similar enough to make porting easy.

The Wii U lacks both the fanbase and the tech to make a port of FFXV worthwhile.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

Microsoft had a massive push for JRPGs early on, with the likes of Blue Dragon, Lost Oddysey, and Tales of Vesparia. That, combined with the 360 having way better sales at that time, justified the 360 version.

As for the argument as a whole, let's look at it this way. Square Enix has a bunch of economists and analysts who have went to college and have had years of experience have direct access to a myriad of data, including past sales numbers, money made, how much money ports/other versions of games cost, etc. If there is a way to make money without undergoing immense amounts of risk in Square Enix's area of expertise, they will jump on it. Yet they aren't.

I don't know about you, but I'm more willing to trust the reasoning behind people who have experience in this area than a bunch of armchair experts on a Nintendo forum.

Best thread ever

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
Dude, read the links I just posted. They prove that Wii U runs DX11 equivalents. How hard is this to understand, really?

It's like you guys can't even f***ing read...

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

moomoo wrote:

Microsoft had a massive push for JRPGs early on, with the likes of Blue Dragon, Lost Oddysey, and Tales of Vesparia. That, combined with the 360 having way better sales at that time, justified the 360 version.

As for the argument as a whole, let's look at it this way. Square Enix has a bunch of economists and analysts who have went to college and have had years of experience have direct access to a myriad of data, including past sales numbers, money made, how much money ports/other versions of games cost, etc. If there is a way to make money without undergoing immense amounts of risk in Square Enix's area of expertise, they will jump on it. Yet they aren't.

I don't know about you, but I'm more willing to trust the reasoning behind people who have experience in this area than a bunch of armchair experts on a Nintendo forum.

Thats the point, though. They haven't said s***, so quit assuming.

SE never said that the Wii U can't run FFXV. That was some bulls*** that some mofo made up to troll the internet, and tons of people believed it, making toms of people look like idiots in the process.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

moomoo

@SCAR392 The fact that SE hasn't announced a Wii U version probably means they don't feel like it's worth it. They've got their data and reasoning, so regardless of what is said in this thread, it doesn't change SE's decision.

So let's stop getting bent out of shape about it, all of us.

Best thread ever

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.