Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Posts 101 to 120 of 122

DefHalan

Dankykong wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Kirby_Fan_DL3 wrote:

So, did anyone else notice that Nintendo did not send out review copies for this game? The game's been out for a couple days and there are less than 3 reviews online.

Did Nintendo knew this game would be bad? That's the only reason to explain the lack of review copies. Bad reviews on day one = poor sales. People are still going to buy it for the exclusive amiibo, though.

Or it is the holiday season and there are more important releases for websites to review. But it could be the lack of review copies. Who knows.

There's crappier crap (or equal-to crap) that's out and been reviewed recently. They watch what the reactions are, so to brush this under the rug they probably are going to try and push it out there and move on immediately.
Nobody is happy about a game that plays itself with no challenges where you have to keep tapping amiibo over and over. It's like we got a taste of this with Amiibo Party from Mario Party 10. I hope they don't do this with a third series. I miss actual good party games enough that me and my friends brake out and play Wii Party U on my thing again.

I actually enjoy this game. It may not be mechanically demanding but it is a fun relaxing experience that I can enjoy with my wife. I don't think party games should be mechanically demanding. Mario Party 4 is probably the most mechanically demanding I would want a party game.

Also, there are worst games that have release recently that have already gotten reviews, but people were more excited about Star Wars: Battlefront so the review could take priority. lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rumorlife

I'm glad someone is enjoying it. It's depressing to see everyone so upset over it. I actually am keeping an eye on it myself cause I think it has aspects I could enjoy. It doesn't especially need many reviews anyway. It's a party game, it does what it does and actually does it.
Lol if you think MP4 is the most demanding you'd want, stay away from Wii Party U. It's like got the DNA of Wii Fit U in there.

Rumorlife

DefHalan

Dankykong wrote:

I'm glad someone is enjoying it. It's depressing to see everyone so upset over it. I actually am keeping an eye on it myself cause I think it has aspects I could enjoy. It doesn't especially need many reviews anyway. It's a party game, it does what it does and actually does it.
Lol if you think MP4 is the most demanding you'd want, stay away from Wii Party U. It's like got the DNA of Wii Fit U in there.

I haven't ever really been interested in Wii Party U. It just didn't seem like fun. I am kinda confused by "It's like got the DNA of Wii Fit U in there." Is that a bad thing?

Hinaru77

Kirby_Fan_DL3 wrote:

So, did anyone else notice that Nintendo did not send out review copies for this game? The game's been out for a couple days and there are less than 3 reviews online.

Did Nintendo knew this game would be bad? That's the only reason to explain the lack of review copies. Bad reviews on day one = poor sales. People are still going to buy it for the exclusive amiibo, though.

Actually they did. Same thing that happen with Pokemon release now as well do the worldwide release date. I actually bought the game as many people hating on it due not being an actual Animal crossing game, based on the main series. But its a spin off. Who cares. It's just like with Triforce heroes where that really is a great game. And I actually enjoy both games. It may not be what you wanted but I'm glad they exist. All we can do is wait for the next one. Which Zelda Wii u is coming and they just did Majora's mask 3D. however I do wish that there were other games getting the HD treatment like Earthbound or Dog hunt. Some many IPs they have and they barely use them. That's my only concern.

Edited on by Hinaru77

Hinaru77

Twitter:

DefHalan

Hinaru77 wrote:

Kirby_Fan_DL3 wrote:

Actually they did. Same thing that happen with Pokemon release now as well do the worldwide release date. I actually bought the game as many people hating on it due not being an actual Animal crossing game, based on the main series. But its a spin off. Who cares. It's just like with Triforce heroes where that really is a great game. And I actually both games. It may not be what you wanted but I'm glad they exist.

Glad to see some other people enjoying the game.

Rumorlife

DefHalan wrote:

Dankykong wrote:

I haven't ever really been interested in Wii Party U. It just didn't seem like fun. I am kinda confused by "It's like got the DNA of Wii Fit U in there." Is that a bad thing?

I got it for free when Nintendo did that giveaway for everyone like a year or two ago in digital form. It's fun if you have people to play it with, but by yourself, not so much. I don't think it'd be fun unless you're an "adult" either. Not saying you're a child or w/e but it def hits for the older players or people who don't really know or care about Nintendo things I think, since it widely lacks any Nintendo characters besides Miis and it's not as goofy as Mario Party. It was mostly given 7s for ratings. Having Wii Fit U DNA isn't bad but there's several mini games where you're digging or rowing or flinging things where you really need to do some special motion controls sometimes. Wii Wagglers need not apply because that doesn't really work in that game. At least a couple times the groups I played with were huffing and puffing after a couple of the games.
Lol I don't see it for sale in the stores anymore unless it's used.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

GrailUK

Straight 8s from Famitsu! Not too shabby.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rockodoodle

Wii Party U and MP10 are great for kids or drunk adults....

rockodoodle

GoldenGamer88

@GrailUK: Yeah but Famitsu like always gives out such good scores, to japanese games that is. Just look at the score and their justification for it of Mario Party 10 and you'll understand. I still remember a quote, it goes something like "Bowser is so overpowered, it's hilarious.". Yeah, it's hilarious - when you are Bowser.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

00a

rockodoodle wrote:

Wii Party U and MP10 are great for kids or drunk adults....

Or people who never played a proper party game in their life.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

-Green-

NintendoEnthusiast seems kind of salty tho.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

3DSWiiUFanatic

Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/animal-crossing-amiibo-f...
One reviewer said: "Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is the sort of game that should have been free. It holds such little content that is actually interesting that most players will find it a waste of their time to play, especially when the far superior Mario Party series already exists. It is a nice way to actually use those Animal Crossing Amiibo figures that you might feel the need to collect, but their function is so forced that it detracts from the experience rather than enhances it. " - http://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/animal-crossing-amiibo-f...

That's my main complaint so far. This expensive game requires me to open my expensive amiibo, and even then it's not that great of a game. This Should have been free, and then it wouldn't seem like a ripoff to buy an amiibo or two to play it with. As it is, I'm keeping my copy sealed, not even going to bother with it. I expect the game to bomb, and I can find a cheap used copy eventually to play it. They should just patch some of the more annoying amiibo implementation OUT of the game, and put up a digitial copy for cheap on the eshop. As it is, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.

3DSWiiUFanatic

riChchestM

I got this today. You can play without Amiibo to a limited extent. You may need 1 minimum but other players can play as a guest on the board game. That does mean , however, that those characters don't save their happy points and cannot level up.

riChchestM

Nintendo Network ID: riChchestM | Twitter:

nuovian

@riChchestM: Getting my copy by the end of the week. Apparently you can play the board game against AIs, but I can't find that verified anywhere. Do you know if that's true?

nuovian

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7776-5587 | My Nintendo: nuovian

riChchestM

@the-madprofessor: I launched a quick game this morning to check something and when playing as 1 player the game populated the other 3 slots with AI villagers. Not sure if you can make that happen with 2 players. I'm also not convinced that it's worth playing alone except to level up an amiibo.

Edited on by riChchestM

riChchestM

Nintendo Network ID: riChchestM | Twitter:

ultraraichu

Not sure if anyone is interested but Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival Bundle have been decreasing and sometimes increasing cent by cent every few minutes since last week, like a Stalk market fluctuation. Currently it's at $37.63 but I seen it go as low as $34.64 one point on Saturday and high? as $38.7* yesterday.

I brought it at $35.60 to take advantage of the free shipping and to return it back to target since it's around $12 cheaper than what I pay there. If you think about it, with the 2 figures and 3 cards alone at standard msrp, it will come up to almost $30. So the game alone is less than $10. Unless you buy/import Isabelle and Digby separately, in which case is more costly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZSHRPN0?redirect=true&...

Amazon also have the Animal Crossing Series 3-pack for $24.88 and Tom Nook and Mabel for less than $10

Edited on by ultraraichu

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Eel

Hm, so I ended up buying this because it's so cheap (19 dollars) and my brother wanted the Isabelle amiibo.

It's completely fine, not exactly a must play, but far, very very far, from being the worst thing I played... Though...

When will the mini games appear? I bought a pack of amiibo cards in preparation to be able to play them all, and to populate the town, but I don't seem to be able to play anything other besides the board game. Do I like need to play the board games multiple times? It's a bit long to play...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sparx

each time to play you unlock something i think

My avatar is from here

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.