Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Your opinion on Ocarina of Time and it's ending.

Showing 21 to 40 of 40

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

21. Posted:

SuperSonic wrote:

Why would they execute Ganondorf unless Link told Zelda?

Zelda was the one who played the Ocarina and reset time. She could have left her own memories alone so that she could produce enough evidence to convince the King to have Ganondorf executed, thus 'fixing her mistakes' from the first time through (where she brought Link into the mess) and 'bringing peace to Hyrule' in the process.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Golgo

22. Posted:

This thread is spoiler-tastic!

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

23. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

SuperSonic wrote:

Why would they execute Ganondorf unless Link told Zelda?

Zelda was the one who played the Ocarina and reset time. She could have left her own memories alone so that she could produce enough evidence to convince the King to have Ganondorf executed, thus 'fixing her mistakes' from the first time through (where she brought Link into the mess) and 'bringing peace to Hyrule' in the process.

No,because the Zelda in the Child Timeline is not the same Zelda in the Adult Timeline. The timeline split created 2 Links,2 Zeldas,and 2 Ganondorfs. I know,it's confusing isn't it? The timelines are a mess.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

koopa85

24. Posted:

@SuperSonic1990
Enniji Arouma? More like Eiji Aonuma! Just because he's Japanese doesn't mean you can jumble a bunch of letters together and think that's his name.

koopa85

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

25. Posted:

There aren't many games that show you something on the title screen that is completely optional in the game, that I think says a lot about Ocarina. The ending doesn't bother me, it was getting there that was important for me. My favourite dungeon I think was Forest Temple, but I've not played it in ages. I prefer Ocarina's idea of Link having a preordained destiny rather than the humble guy achieving greatness in Twilight. Princess Ruto still freaks me out though (she's a fish for goodness sake).

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

26. Posted:

koopa85 wrote:

@SuperSonic1990
Enniji Arouma? More like Eiji Aonuma! Just because he's Japanese doesn't mean you can jumble a bunch of letters together and think that's his name.

Fixed.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

27. Posted:

SuperSonic wrote:

No,because the Zelda in the Child Timeline is not the same Zelda in the Adult Timeline. The timeline split created 2 Links,2 Zeldas,and 2 Ganondorfs. I know,it's confusing isn't it? The timelines are a mess.

ah, i see what you mean. my bad. in that case, Zelda had Link under her power (along with the Ocarina in her hands) for an unspecified period of time during the ending. She also had powers as the seventh Sage and the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom; we have no real idea of what she could or could not have done during the end sequence to prepare herself in the Child timeline to have Ganondorf executed.

also, there is a problem with the Child/Adult timelines theory -- Link initially disappears from the Child timeline after Ganondorf has stolen Zelda away from the castle, after she has thrown him the Ocarina of Time. with them meeting again, Link has not been thrown back into the original Child timeline at the end of the game if they show him meeting her in the garden again; if he has been put back in at the beginning of everything, he has been thrown into yet another timeline.

had he been returned to the original Child timeline, it would have to have been done at the time of his original disappearance to avoid a paradox, and at that point it would have been too late. Ganondorf would still be as powerful as he had been the first time around, and still as unstoppable. There is also the problem of the Deku Tree; it dies before Link goes to Hyrule, and though Link killed the monster inside there is no saving the Great Deku Tree. There are still going to be problems with Link's childhood thanks to Ganondorf's evil if he is sent back to the beginning, there will be no reward of 'regaining his lost years' or 'returning home' unless Adult Zelda does something drastic with the new timeline she creates for him.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

28. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

There aren't many games that show you something on the title screen that is completely optional in the game, that I think says a lot about Ocarina. The ending doesn't bother me, it was getting there that was important for me. My favourite dungeon I think was Forest Temple, but I've not played it in ages. I prefer Ocarina's idea of Link having a preordained destiny rather than the humble guy achieving greatness in Twilight. Princess Ruto still freaks me out though (she's a fish for goodness sake).

What!? You mean you can skip getting the Ocarina of Time and just use the Fairy Ocarina the entire game!? I need to do a Youtube walkthrough of Oot while doing crazy stuff in the future.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

29. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

Princess Ruto still freaks me out though (she's a fish for goodness sake).

I don't know, man...chug enough Lon Lon Milk and all the girls start to look a little better...

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

30. Posted:

@SuperSonic
I was referring to Link riding Epona accross Hyrule field on the title screen. You don't need the horse to complete the game.

@ChickenBrutus
Tell me about it, I had a couple of shots of Chateau Romani and woke up next to Tingle...

Edited on by CowLaunch

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

koopa85

31. Posted:

@CowLaunch
Would you rather wake up next to Tingle or Rosie in S&M? I want a serious answer and your reasoning.

Edited on by koopa85

koopa85

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

32. Posted:

koopa85 wrote:

@CowLaunch
Would you rather wake up next to Tingle or Rosie in S&M? I want a serious answer and your reasoning.

Untitled

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

33. Posted:

koopa85 wrote:

@CowLaunch
Would you rather wake up next to Tingle or Rosie in S&M? I want a serious answer and your reasoning.

Goodness, Plato didn't have to deal with questions like this. Right, er, I would have to go with Tingle. He is clearly very lonely, so I think he would give you all his attention. Also caravan holidays would go very smoothly as Tingle would always have the appropriate map. Tingle repeating his magic words over and over would still be funnier than Rosie.

I hope future employers aren't reading this.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

34. Posted:

Luigi+La+Bouncy wrote:

Ocarina of Time is probably the reason why I'm here posting comments when I should be asleep. It is the game that made me fall in love with gaming and made me realize that a video game can compete with films and books in terms of cultural influence. It influenced me as a person and I think it's perfect.

Cheers to that...

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Party_On_Dude

35. Posted:

I just LOVE EVERYTHING about Zelda Ocarina of Time; same goes for Twilight Princess!! Both are my top #2 favorites in the series for millions of reasons... but the sole #1 reason is because they're just TRULY EPIC!! Everything boils down to the story, characters, music, awesome graphics & amazing gameplay!! :D

And Twilight Princess is actually one of the first Zelda games I've ever kept count on how many times I've beat it; I'm working on my 10th run of TP... (to keep me busy while I wait for May 18th & to see if Majora's Mask will be our #300 VC game... because I already bought the points for it but won't open them & imput the code until then)! ;)
And FYI; my favorites out of both are:

Its a toss up for which race is my favorite; because I love both Gorons & Zora's equally!! Gorons in OoT & MM better though, even TP as well!! And my only favorite reason why I love the Zora's in TP are because of Rutella, Ralis, & the remixed music of the Serenade of Water!!
And its hard to choose which favorite temples & bosses but here's my favorite order:

Ocarina of Time:
Water Temple is #1 (I like listening to my favorite BSB & Keith Urban CD's while playing & seeing Ruto flirt with Link as a sexy adult)! :D

Twilight Princess
Snowpeak Ruins #1; being I love the atmosphere & scene where Yeta transforms into Blittzetta... & Yeto & his humming while making gormet soup! :D
But that scene after the Arbiter Ground & seeing Ganondorf being banished (ALWAYS LOVE HIS INSANE FACE) TAKES THE CAKE!! :D

Party_On_Dude

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Clint_Eastwood

36. Posted:

It's alright, one of the better Zeldas. I prefer ALttP.

Clint_Eastwood

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

37. Posted:

IMHO, best nintendo game ever.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chatham

38. Posted:

Epic game. But Zelda took all of my $#!T at the end!... Not cool babe...

@theblackdragon
....shudder...

Edited on by Chatham

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN Name: EricChatham
Wii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527
Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...
The #2 hookadikka
I have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fuzzy

39. Posted:

When I was younger, I thought it was an awesome ending. Slashing Ganon for the final time was a great moment!

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

40. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

SuperSonic wrote:

No,because the Zelda in the Child Timeline is not the same Zelda in the Adult Timeline. The timeline split created 2 Links,2 Zeldas,and 2 Ganondorfs. I know,it's confusing isn't it? The timelines are a mess.

ah, i see what you mean. my bad. in that case, Zelda had Link under her power (along with the Ocarina in her hands) for an unspecified period of time during the ending. She also had powers as the seventh Sage and the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom; we have no real idea of what she could or could not have done during the end sequence to prepare herself in the Child timeline to have Ganondorf executed.

also, there is a problem with the Child/Adult timelines theory -- Link initially disappears from the Child timeline after Ganondorf has stolen Zelda away from the castle, after she has thrown him the Ocarina of Time. with them meeting again, Link has not been thrown back into the original Child timeline at the end of the game if they show him meeting her in the garden again; if he has been put back in at the beginning of everything, he has been thrown into yet another timeline.

had he been returned to the original Child timeline, it would have to have been done at the time of his original disappearance to avoid a paradox, and at that point it would have been too late. Ganondorf would still be as powerful as he had been the first time around, and still as unstoppable. There is also the problem of the Deku Tree; it dies before Link goes to Hyrule, and though Link killed the monster inside there is no saving the Great Deku Tree. There are still going to be problems with Link's childhood thanks to Ganondorf's evil if he is sent back to the beginning, there will be no reward of 'regaining his lost years' or 'returning home' unless Adult Zelda does something drastic with the new timeline she creates for him.

Well,I personally think Zelda send Link back before almost everything happened. The Adult Zelda seemed to had created a time paradox. Everything seemed reset in the timeline,except for the fact Link,Zelda,and Ganondorf had the Triforce pieces. That part puzzles me the most. I guess when their future selves recieved the Triforce,their past selves received it too.

But anyway,I hope the Zelda movie is good and not horrible like the CDi Zeldas. Personally,I think a Zelda TV show would be better. Because,there is only so much of the Zelda story you can fit into a movie. But a TV show,you can fit as much of the storyline as you want. Also,what does everybody think about Nintendo adding voice acting in future Zelda games?
I personally would love to see it.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

Sorry, this topic has been locked.