Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,108

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

941. Posted:

Thanks. I will go later for Star Parodier, and i´m not sure about Star Force.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

brooks83

942. Posted:

I downloaded Star Force. I like it, but I don't know if I would reccomend it. It's very basic (only one powerup) and very difficult. I would watch some Youtube videos if you haven't already. What you see is what you get.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Bones00

943. Posted:

I definitely recommend Faxanadu for RPG, action-RPG and adventure fans.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

944. Posted:

So how's that Life Force? B-) Gotta love that classic old school Silver Konami BoxArt.
Untitled
Ya I know, this is easily one of the greatest Shooters of all time, but for me I've just never been 'that' big of a shooter fan, but still i enjoy them in extremely small Dr. Mario doses, and besides how could i pass up such an NES classic?

What do you guys think of it? B-)

@BrookyTheBogus83
Where have you been? Did you finally rescue Princess Tomato and escape from the Salad Kingdom? :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

945. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

I downloaded Star Force. I like it, but I don't know if I would reccomend it. It's very basic (only one powerup) and very difficult. I would watch some Youtube videos if you haven't already. What you see is what you get.

I guess because it was really from the days of playing for a high score rather than playing to "win". Hudson even made an annual tournament called the Caravan, mostly playing shooting games (though one year that used a baseball game and maybe a Bomberman another year). I got Star Force as part of a Super Famicom compilation game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

946. Posted:

I have these in mind, anybody not recommend any o fthe following on these PhantaBulous lists? :p

Genesis :D
GunStar Heroes
Streets of Rage
Ristar
Strider
Shinobi III
Super Fantasy Zone
Alien Soldier
Dynamite Headdy
Kid Chameleon
Ecco The Dolphin
Monster World IV

SNES
Zelda ALTTP (Hides behind the magic school bus. I know I know. :p )
Mega Man X2
Kirby's Dreamland 3
Pilotwings
Kirby Super Star (aside from a bit of nostalgia, i just want it on there. Even though i've already complete 'KSS Ultra' for the DS)
ect ect...

Arcade
Space Harrier
Golden Axe
Altered Beast

NeoGeo
Metal Slug 3

NES
LIfe Force
Double Dragon II
Balloon Figh

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

947. Posted:

^Kirby's Dreamland 3, Balloon Fight, and definitely Ecco the Dolphin go unrecommended.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

948. Posted:

Ok, me and my friend played Samurai Shodown 2 at my house yesterday and it is an amazingly designed fighting game. Plenty of potential strategy to be used, slow and intense gameplay, and unlike some fighting games (Street Fighter comes to mind) it seems a lot easier to really learn yet still being hard to master. I going to be playing this along with The Last Story.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

949. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

^Kirby's Dreamland 3, Balloon Fight, and definitely Ecco the Dolphin go unrecommended.

No love for Ecco the Dolphin? Another unfortunate Genesis game i rented back during its release that didn't get too much game time. Lets just say it was one hell of a confusing trip under the sea. :p Plus Balloon Fight trumps 'Ballon Kid' on the GB, and i have to play Dreamland 3 regardless if gets a bad rap just so i can say i finally completed all of the console kirby's. Ya, so much for recommendation. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

950. Posted:

Kirby Dreamland 3 is ok, i don´t recommend you Kirby 64 is too easy, the only challenge is to find the shards, but Kirby 3 is very good.

I agree with Ecco the Dolphin i played the Genesis collection and i tried all Ecco games and i don´t understand what i have to do, try it before you download in any other console, i didn´t like it.

I recommend you a lot the 3 Street of Rage games and the Star Soldier trilogy of Turbografx.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

951. Posted:

Bah, I'm getting them all. :p And as far as Echo goes, I'll just get the first and that's that.

Tonight, I want to snag Altered Beast Regardless of the love/hate relationship gamers have with it, it was a game i never tried out when i owned a Genesis. Question in, Arcade or Genesis version?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

952. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Bah, I'm getting them all. :p And as far as Echo goes, I'll just get the first and that's that.

Except the second game is miles better than the first. We're talking going from a near unplayable mess to something that's actually kind of fun.

WaveBoy wrote:

Question in, Arcade or Genesis version?

Arcade. VCA additions will really come in handy.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

953. Posted:

I beat Super Mario RPG the other day. Definately recommend it :)

Now saving up for Paper Mario.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

954. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

No love for Ecco the Dolphin? Another unfortunate Genesis game i rented back during its release that didn't get too much game time. Lets just say it was one hell of a confusing trip under the sea. :p Plus Balloon Fight trumps 'Ballon Kid' on the GB, and i have to play Dreamland 3 regardless if gets a bad rap just so i can say i finally completed all of the console kirby's. Ya, so much for recommendation. :p

Bad rep? KDL3 is amazing. Definitely recommended from this Kirby fan.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

955. Posted:

I love Dreamland 3 and like Kirby 64. Getting bored of Super Star though.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

956. Posted:

Should I get SSB64 on Club Nintendo? I have Brawl, which I have clocked countless hours on. NLife gave in a moderate review. Is it worth 200 coins or should I hold out?

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Paperchema

957. Posted:

What do you guys think of Ogre Battle 64 and Sin and Punishment? Are they worth their price?

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6428-0615
Mii Name: Chema
Super Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil Revelations

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

958. Posted:

You should hold out. Brawl is the most complete version of Smash Bros. You don´t need another until Smash U.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

959. Posted:

Paperchema wrote:

What do you guys think of Ogre Battle 64 and Sin and Punishment? Are they worth their price?

It's not easy for me to recommend lengthy strategy games to console gamers. They usually don't like them unless they're people of lordly caliber. I really enjoyed Ogre Battle 64 myself. It has multiple endings, loads of secret items and classes, customization, variety, and it's graphics have aged better than most N64 games. I see people get overwhelmed and confused by everything in this game at first, but you can play an in game tutorial at the title screen before you start a new game. For 1000 Wii points it'll take you about 40 hours to finish one playthrough. It's pretty long.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Paperchema

960. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Paperchema wrote:

It's not easy for me to recommend lengthy strategy games to console gamers. They usually don't like them unless they're people of lordly caliber. I really enjoyed Ogre Battle 64 myself. It has multiple endings, loads of secret items and classes, customization, variety, and it's graphics have aged better than most N64 games. I see people get overwhelmed and confused by everything in this game at first, but you can play an in game tutorial at the title screen before you start a new game. For 1000 Wii points it'll take you about 40 hours to finish one playthrough. It's pretty long.

Thanks for the answer! I'll be getting it.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6428-0615
Mii Name: Chema
Super Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil Revelations