Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 801 to 820 of 1,108

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

801. Posted:

Lords of Thunder is one of the best shooters even made. And if you want retro action in Wiiware there is Kyotokei, is a shooter like the 16 bits era.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

802. Posted:

Any good 2d side scrolling adventure games that someone can recommend. I've been playing a lot of platforming games lately (Super Mario games, Megaman games, Sonic, Wario Land Shake it, etc) and I feel like something different. I don't mind if there are platforming elements in the game as long as it is not a pull your hair out because of frustration type of platformer.

Apart from a 2d adventure game, I'm also considering: Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (Neo Geo), Spin Master (Neo Geo), Final Fight 3 (SNES).

Any insights are much appreciated.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

803. Posted:

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

804. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

Thanks Waveboy. Final Fight 3 looks pretty good from what I have seen so far. Will probably pick it up later tonight.

Can anybody tell me what they thought of Wonderboy in Monster Land for the MegaDrive?

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

805. Posted:

Gamester77 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

Thanks Waveboy.

I'm not Waveboy

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

806. Posted:

@Tasuki - 1000 apologies. That's what happens when a half asleep man sits in front of a pc.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

807. Posted:

Gamester77 wrote:

@Tasuki - 1000 apologies. That's what happens when a half asleep man sits in front of a pc.

Lol Np had to give you a hard time. :P

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

808. Posted:

If you look for something different, Light Crusader (Mega Drive/Sega Genesis) is an overlooked gem: a fastpaced actionpacked isometric adventure with some cool features, great puzzles, a good enough story, and 6 creepy dungeons with bosses at the end of each. It´s made by the masterminds Treasure. 800pts and about 8 hours long if you try to find all the best weapons, equipment and secret rooms.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

809. Posted:

@SKTTR - Thanks, Light Crusader does look interesting indeed. Can't believe I haven't noticed this one before. Will have to pick it up.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

810. Posted:

Gamester77 wrote:

Any good 2d side scrolling adventure games that someone can recommend.

Faxanadu, Super Metroid, maybe even ActRaiser--but that game might be more action than adventure.

Gamester77 wrote:

Can anybody tell me what they thought of Wonderboy in Monster Land for the MegaDrive?

I was thinking of downloading Wonderboy or Dragon's Curse myself, but now I've got my fingers crossed for Monster World IV.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Crystalline

811. Posted:

Why won't Nintendo release the Zelda Oracle games already? -.- What about the ambassador games for the general public? :( Why won't they let us give them our money? Argh!

Crystalline

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

812. Posted:

Avectius wrote:

Why won't Nintendo release the Zelda Oracle games already? -.- What about the ambassador games for the general public? :( Why won't they let us give them our money? Argh!

Because those are GB games they are more likely to release those on the 3DS rather than the Wii VC.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

813. Posted:

Thanks for the suggestions Tasuki, SKTTR and Gamesake. I've decided to download Final Fight 3 and Light Crusader. Will probably grab Mario Golf while I'm at it.

What are your thoughts on Mario Golf on N64?

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

814. Posted:

I loved Mario Golf back then, I think 1999 on Nintendo 64. It was the first golf game that really got me hooked. I don't know how well it stood the test of time graphically, but it must be still a great golf game in every other regard. What got me most were the many beautiful and clever designed courses and simple controls.
The VC version deserves a mention though. You can't unlock the hidden characters from the GBC version as there's no Transfer Pak compatibility available.
Other than that, CAMELOT has produced at least two newer similar golf games you can play on Wii and can find pretty cheap: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (Gamecube) and We Love Golf! (Wii).
But for a golf game reduced to the Wii Shop it's pretty much the best, followed by Neo Turf Masters and Fun! Fun! Minigolf.
With Mario Golf you have content and gameplay totally worth 1000pts.

+

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GTWarrior77

815. Posted:

@ SKTTR - I'm currently playing through Mario Tennis on the VC and it's quite an addictive game. I will pick up Mario Golf this weekend and give it a go. From the videos I've seen of Mario Golf, it should be 1000 points well spent.

Back in the N64 days I decided to go the Playstation route and I'm currently playing catchup on the VC as far as the N64 games are concerned. Next step will be to actually buy the original N64 console and cartridges.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

816. Posted:

Great games. There are a lot of good games.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

817. Posted:

@Gamester77: Yes, i have played the original N64 Mario Tennis for months. It was pretty long beating all tournaments with every character on all difficulties plus the ring tournaments, etc. And of course multiplayer was a blast.
Again, like with Mario Golf, unfortunately the VC version doesn't have the Transfer Pak feature to transfer your selfmade RPG characters from the Game Boy Color version, so you won't be able to get a 100% complete character selection screen.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

818. Posted:

How is Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RevolverLink

819. Posted:

@G4l : It's the worst Mario platformer.

Which means it's still pretty good.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

820. Posted:

@G4L: If you like challenging games than its a good one. Its alot closer to the terms of a sequel than SMB2 but it adds enough differences to offer something new. But as I said it can be very hard at times.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311