Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,082

Tasuki

@G4L: For Super Mario World I will say if you can get the classic controller pro, the GC controller is horrible for playing SNES games with. As for Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels unless you can find the Super Mario Anniversary collection for the Wii than yes its worth the points, but than again either the VC or the Anniversary collection is the only way you can get that game on the Wii.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Nintenbro

Thank you, Tasuki. At the moment, I don't actually have the funds for a Classic Controller. So I'd most likely choose, "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels".

On another note, would, "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past," control sufficiently utilizing the GameCube controller?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Tasuki

@G4L: Honestly I cant really say on how SNES games work with a Gamecube controller since I bought a classic controller at the same time I bought my Wii since it is very similar to the shape of a SNES controller and that's what I grew up with. However I have heard from alot of people that the SNES games are hard to control with the Gamecube controller. Now N64 games on the other hand play pretty well with a GC contoller.

All I can really suggest is download the game and see how you like it with a Gamecube controller. Even if you find it hard to play with the GC controller you still have the game downloaded when you finally do buy a classic controller

My Backlog

Nintenbro

That's very true @Tasuki. I just hope we're all able to transfer our VC and WiiWare content onto the WiiU. It would be a complete shame if these classic games were to disappear into the past once again. Because our Wii consoles won't function forever, and I would really appreciate it if I was able to hold onto my VC collection.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

Is the original F-Zero (SNES) any good?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

cheetahman91

@Emann1: Yeah it's good. The only problem is that there's no multiplayer.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

e-love

Well, I have to think of 5 SNES games. To average out two 20 points cards. So that might be the 5th game.

Edit : I noticed you have a link to your Backloggery, how do you get it in your signature to say the words "My Backlog" as the link?

Edited on by e-love

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Now that I've seen Kid Icarus beyond the upward scrolling first few stages, it actually looks good. Should I get the NES version now or wait for the 3D remake?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

DarkEdi

The gamecube control is perfect for the N64 games (button layout) and the Turbografx-16 games (the turbo buttons have better order).

I hope someday the Wii U could have some kind of gamecube controller conected to the wiimote because the classic controller is the worst option when you play a VC N64 game.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Ryno

SoZettaFox wrote:

Now that I've seen Kid Icarus beyond the upward scrolling first few stages, it actually looks good. Should I get the NES version now or wait for the 3D remake?

The NES version of Kid Icarus is one of my favorite NES games so I would recommend that. But then again, I always prefer the classic original over the glitzy remake.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cheetahman91

@Emaan1: [url = web address goes here ] Backloggery [/ url ]

Remove all the spaces and you're all set.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Nintenbro

Is, "Vectorman," any good guys? I really enjoyed Metroid, and I recently downloaded, "Super Metroid," as well. Which for me, just screams, "Nintendo!" This is also the case with, "Vectorman". For me, it just screams, "Sega!"

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Tasuki

DarkEdi wrote:

I hope someday the Wii U could have some kind of gamecube controller conected to the wiimote because the classic controller is the worst option when you play a VC N64 game.

I doubt it since you cant even use a Gamecube controller on the new Wiis now.

My Backlog

paburrows

So with some of the Turbographix games being removed I was thinking of downloading some before they are gone. But back when that was around had a Super Nintendo and a Genesis but no Turbographix. So I was wondering what games are worth downloading for that system? I've p[lays Bonk before which is great and I just downloaded R-Type last night, what else is good?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

RevolverLink

@paburrows : I've only bought three TG16 games for the VC, but I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees.

Bomberman '93 - It's Bomberman. And if you've somehow never played a Bomberman game before, you're probably just better off getting '94.
Neutopia - A shameless rip-off of the original Zelda, but there are worse games to steal from.
Ys Book I & II - A great action RPG that's more than the sum of its individual parts.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

e-love

So I need opinions, I'm currently buying NES games.

I need a 4th game to flatten out my $20 back to zero.

Metroid or Kid Icarus?

lonlon-milker

Well I would say metroid but since your avatar is pit you should still pick metroid lol

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

e-love

Lol wait what? Wouldn't I want to pick Kid Icarus then

Well I love both Metroid and Kid Icarus, its just hard to decide. The question is, which one is better to play in this current time. I know a lot of retro games just aren't fun like they used to when you play them now. Which one holds up best by today's standards?

Edit : I should say I just love Metroid, since I've have all three Metroid Prime games. I really want to experience the classic Metroid games such as possibly the original and obviously Super Metroid but like I said, I'm currently buying NES games at the moment. I have no prior experience with Kid Icarus besides me buying Kid Icarus Uprising today

Edited on by e-love

Ryno

@Emaan1: Kid Icarus for NES will kick your tail at first but if you can persevere it will get easier and you will discover just how great it is! Metroid for NES is another great game. A head's up though if you have never played it; when you restart after you die Samus has minimal energy and there is no in-game map so it is for sure challenging! It's anti-everything that makes the modern games of today easy and convenient compared to the past. Anyway they are two my favorite NES games no doubt.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

paburrows

RevolverLink wrote:

@paburrows : I've only bought three TG16 games for the VC, but I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees.

Bomberman '93 - It's Bomberman. And if you've somehow never played a Bomberman game before, you're probably just better off getting '94.
Neutopia - A shameless rip-off of the original Zelda, but there are worse games to steal from.
Ys Book I & II - A great action RPG that's more than the sum of its individual parts.

Thanks! I've played Y's before for the Master System, I'm assuming that this is way better? I vaguely remember renting the 8-bit NES Bomberman way back. I'll have to try all of these.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic